Blade & Soul Dojo: So I just bought a new comp - Blade & Soul Dojo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So I just bought a new comp Is it good enough?

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 12:48 AM

So here's the specs to my comp, I've been told by a friend that it's more then enough to play BnS but I do kinda want an opinion of people that actually play it.

ENVY h9qe

• Windows 8 64

• 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]

• 10GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]

• 2TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

• No secondary hard drive

• 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670 [DVI, DP, HDMI, VGA adapter]

• Liquid Cooling Solution

• Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth®(1x1)

• Beats Audio ™ -- integrated studio quality sound

• HP USB volume control keyboard and mouse with Win 8 keyboard

I want to enter Blade and Soul with as close to a high lvl rig as possible, so tell me, is this enough? Or am I missing some things?
Posted Image

User is offline   Yasuke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Valee
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 2:37 AM

You'll be able to play it but definitly not on max,Cpu is a litte overkill imo unless you plan to use stuff like photoshop or some video editing programs.
Now that Gpu is the major bottleneck here i don't know at what resolution you'll be playing at but you'll probly get to medium level at max and it might not even be smooth gameplay.
A 7670 is really an entry line card in term of gaming and definitly not designed to play heavy games like blade and soul.

You want minimum a 7770 for medium quality gameplay and a 7870 for max settings.

PS: for fun i went on hp's website and saw your pc and price was 1,999$ ... now i don't know who said that pc was fine for blade and soul but to me that looks like a huge waste of money =\ you should get a refund and get your self a custom made gaming pc for a 1000$ you'll get something waaaaaay better than this and will be able to run blade and soul better too.

Edit: also if you're able to built it yourself you could save even more!! For an idea on part you could check fatal's guide he has builds for diffrent price points too so you can choose how much you're willing to put and all tho builts will run the game better than your current pc.

This post has been edited by Yasuke: Jan 19, 2013 - 2:45 AM

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 5:26 AM

Sadly, I have to agree with yusuke... the price you paid was not worth it. Of course I would highly recommend building it yourself, as it gives a sense of pride to the user, as well as forcing you to learn about computers. But working with expensive parts can be intimidating so it may be better to have it custom built. Cyberpower PC is a pretty popular one, I'd run by what ever you get here on the forums before purchasing tho.
Posted Image

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae
  • Race:Jin
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 6:13 AM

If thats really the price id do as the others and return it and build your own
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

User is offline   Supershaser 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Supershaser
  • Guild:None yet

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 7:26 AM

That's the problem with premade computers by nowadays popular companies (like HP) they make you think it's the ultimate gaming pc and price it really high, while the most important part is actually... shit. None of the computers I saw at my PC stores here can play Blade and soul on max settings smoothly (even the ones of 1500+ euros). That's why I built this one with newest graphics card Radeon HD 7970 ( which isn't even available for premade computers here) for only 950 euros!

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 9:34 AM

At the price Yasuke mentioned, hell at even half that, you were scammed with that pc if you bought it for gaming.
It's not HPs fault though. That PC was never meant for gaming but for work/home entertainment. It's a facebook machine. To put it bluntly.
Return that pc for a refund and let us know how much you have to spend.

If you build it yourself you could:
Do as well as what you bought for ~$400
Max out BnS for ~$700
Build something ridiculously good for $1500

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 7:00 PM

I actually didn't spend 2000 but 1000 really cause I built the PC on HP's site, still with what you guys are saying maybe I did get ripped off.

I ramdomly get creative while playing games so I will most likely be recording videos and doing some photoshop stuff. (I like making skill vids and tutorial vids). Also I'll be using this comp for school as well along with music and other things.

If what your saying is true couldn't I just replace the current Graphis card with a higher end one? I don't want to go through all the trouble of sending this comp back. I still have other MMOs that I currently play still that can benefit from this upgrade and besides I don't feel comfortable making my own computer yet.

This post has been edited by Rubedo: Jan 19, 2013 - 7:58 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 7:40 PM

I don't see why he can't run it on max, the video card has enough power and this is only a UE3 game

AMD Radeon™ HD 7670 GPU Features Summary
800 MHz engine clock
512MB-1GB GDDR5 memory
1000 MHz memory clock (4.0 Gbps GDDR5)
64 GB/s memory bandwidth
768 GFLOPS Single Precision compute power
TeraScale 2 Unified Processing Architecture
480 Stream Processing Units
24 Texture Units
32 Z/Stencil ROP Units
8 Color ROP Units
128-bit GDDR5 memory interface
PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface
DirectX® 11 support
Shader Model 5.0
DirectCompute 11
Programmable hardware tessellation unit
Accelerated multi-threading
HDR texture compression
Order-independent transparency
OpenGL 4.1 support
Image quality enhancement technology
Up to 24x multi-sample and super-sample anti-aliasing modes
Adaptive anti-aliasing
Morphological anti-aliasing (MLAA)
16x angle independent anisotropic texture filtering
128-bit floating point HDR rendering
AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology
Native support for up to 4 simultaneous displays
Up to 6 displays supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport
Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays
Display grouping
Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display
AMD App Acceleration
OpenCL 1.1
DirectCompute 11
Accelerated video encoding, transcoding, and upscaling
AMD HD Media Accelerator
MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
VC-1
MPEG-2 (SD & HD)
Multi-View Codec (MVC)
MPEG-4 part 2 (DivX, xVid)
Adobe Flash
Enhanced video quality features
Advanced post-processing and scaling

Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Yasuke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 7:59 PM

I see, 1000$ is not as bad as i though but still like fatal said this PC setup is more suited for office type of work not gaming it will be fine for all the creativity you want to do but you won't get to play a high quality game which i belive was the main reason to buy a new comp right ? unless you want to spend an extra 250$ for a graphics card(totaly not worth it ) you're not playing BnS on max.

So what i suggest is return the pc ( I know its a pain but its only for your own good gotta get best bang for your buck!! ) get your money back then go to a specilize pc store like microcenter or online ones like Cyberpower and i can assure that anything 500$ and up will play BnS better than what you have right now. If you're not sure about the parts I'm pretty sure we could help you and give you some recommendation and you'd just show up at the pc shop and say you want this and they'll order it and build it for you.

In the end its your decision if you want to keep it, fine but you'd have to get a better graphics card and i did'nt check the power supply(most manufactured pc comes with a crappy one) so no idea if it will be to handle it and its cost you at least 250$ more and to me this sound more like a pain in the butt than just return it get something worth your money and be done with it =/

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 8:05 PM

They can always return it if there are not sure for a gaming computer. Amazon , bestbuy, etc. has a lot of gaming computers.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Yasuke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 8:07 PM

View PostMizuki, on Jan 19, 2013 - 7:40 PM, said:

I don't see why he can't run it on max, the video card has enough power and this is only a UE3 game

unless he gonna play @800x600( which i highly doubt) there no waaaaaaay that card running on max hell he'll be lucky if he even playble gameplay on medium settings @1920x1080 minimum spec require for max setting would be a 7870 for medium 7770 and anything below that would be low setting dosen't matter how powerful you CPU is you could have 64Gig of ram THIS WONT CHANGE its just the way it is =/

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostMizuki, on Jan 19, 2013 - 7:40 PM, said:

No it does not.

View PostYasuke, on Jan 19, 2013 - 7:59 PM, said:

So what i suggest is return the pc ( I know its a pain but its only for your own good gotta get best bang for your buck!! ) get your money back then go to a specilize pc store like microcenter or online ones like Cyberpower and i can assure that anything 500$ and up will play BnS better than what you have right now. If you're not sure about the parts I'm pretty sure we could help you and give you some recommendation and you'd just show up at the pc shop and say you want this and they'll order it and build it for you.

Do this. But build it yourself, every prebuilt computer, whether done correctly or not, is overpriced.
I might be wrong buy I'm pretty sure that changing parts in a prebuilt voids your warranty. Not worth it if it's still under warranty, which yours currently is.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 11:58 AM

Typical PC from supermarket. IMO bad chose -overpriced. Fortunately for you B&S as game on UT3 engine do love strong CPU. But still GPU is abit too weak, i7 is overkill and for that price SSD would be great. Win 8? It can cause issues, try to get win 7.

This post has been edited by Zenek: Jan 20, 2013 - 11:59 AM

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostYasuke, on Jan 19, 2013 - 8:07 PM, said:

unless he gonna play @800x600( which i highly doubt) there no waaaaaaay that card running on max hell he'll be lucky if he even playble gameplay on medium settings @1920x1080 minimum spec require for max setting would be a 7870 for medium 7770 and anything below that would be low setting dosen't matter how powerful you CPU is you could have 64Gig of ram THIS WONT CHANGE its just the way it is =/

I'm so used to playing my games at low resolution anyway that atm it's not such a huge problem for me, playing widescreen messes with me but I hope to adjust to use the full screen.

After reading what you guys had said I decided the best thing for me would be to wait it out a little bit, life is at a standstill atm and I'm making more money then I actually need so if it turns out that the graphics card doesn't give to me what I want it to, then I'll just upgrade, I was thinking of buying a second hardrive anyway.

I'm just glad the other features of the comp itself make it acceptable, and I'm already getting attached to it's design and beauty (I'm a aesthetics-holic).

This post has been edited by Rubedo: Jan 22, 2013 - 7:06 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 2:49 PM

Wana upgrade youre graphs?

I say, a ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 for just $219,-

This 1 keeps youre computer purring for a long time, or until they release the HD8000 series :big_smile:

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Yasuke 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 6:12 PM

Well thats your decison i guess, i'm really not agreeing to you sticking with this pc... but hey its your money i guess =/ i just hope it does'nt give you any issues in the future i had alot of problems with HP laptops before =/

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 10:00 PM

I know what you mean.. got a HP Touchscreen laptop in 2008 that broke down recently because the temperature of the laptop basically fryed the video driver... great PC but it shoulda lasted a little longer.

But also I have a HP Pavilion from 2004 that had lasted me and still works, which is why I wanted to get another HP desktop

This post has been edited by Rubedo: Jan 20, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   zyzolol 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Feb 02, 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostFatal, on Jan 20, 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Do this. But build it yourself, every prebuilt computer, whether done correctly or not, is overpriced.

This.
WOW: Season 1 & 2 Gladiator - Rogue/Mage | High Warlord Title (rank14) | World #27 Tier 11 Clear
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC: Quad Core i7 - 3770K | Sabertooth Z77 | SSD 840 PRO 256GB | 2x - ZOTAC GTX 670 2GB AMP! (SLI)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users