User is offline   Kusaijshi 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Kusaijshi
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 2:43 PM

hiho there,

i have a question about the arena system in BnS.
someome postet a list where we can see that the chars have 200000+ points. now i ask my self from where you get points?

is this 1vs1 ranking or can we see the 3vs3 players there too?

how many points you gain and how you gain them?can i just play MANYgames because i have no job and then im first player but not the best?

can someone tell me more abut the system? am i able to join the arena 24/7 or just 3 times a day?

User is offline   jokerstar 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Fayde
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:BooM

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 2:51 PM

um.. I actually don't know what those points are, but you do get as a reward from arena matches "beans", which can be used for an outfit/weap/necklace/consumables

The 1v1 and 3v3 rankings are put into a combined rating(worst idea ever), you start at 1500 and I think the highest ranked guy right now I think is 2400.

You gain about 15 ranking points for winning and lose 15 ranking points for losing

beans wise, you get more for winning than losing, and the number of beans you get increase as you build up win streaks.

You can enter the arena 24/7 and queue times normally take less than 30 seconds unless you're ranked very high.

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Jan 15, 2013 - 2:57 PM

BnS KR lvl 50 LBM- 1800-1950 1v1 Arena Rating

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 3:02 PM

View PostKusaijshi, on Jan 15, 2013 - 2:43 PM, said:

hiho there,

i have a question about the arena system in BnS.
someome postet a list where we can see that the chars have 200000+ points. now i ask my self from where you get points?

is this 1vs1 ranking or can we see the 3vs3 players there too?

how many points you gain and how you gain them?can i just play MANYgames because i have no job and then im first player but not the best?

can someone tell me more abut the system? am i able to join the arena 24/7 or just 3 times a day?

The list I posted is actually a bit misleading as I found out later. When checking ingame the currently first placed has a ranking of 2600.
What is interesting is that he only has a Winration of 69%, while the second and third place have 80% and 74%.
However he has played 409 Matches while second has 247 and third 244. So as you can see, even tho he has a worse Winration, hes first and it seems that this is only because he played a lot more matches.

That kinda leads to the assumtion that you do not lose enough points when loosing a match or gaining to many when winning one.

Sadly, the 1on1 and 3on3 Rating is shared, its the same. It also doesnt matter wether you go 3on3 random or 3on3 premade, its all the same rating, I hope that this will be fixed, sooner rather then later.

You can join the Arena 24/7 as often as you want.

Here is a video of the Arena, explaining some stuff about it. If you check the end of the fights there, you will see how many points I gained. Since the server is down right now I can't check how much points are lost when I lose (not that I ever lose! :silly: )

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 4:12 PM

Basically from what Aari wrote above and some of the other things we've seen, it's WOW's arena system, except the 1v1/3v3 brackets are combined, ranking wise, where in WOW your rank in 1v1 is different from your rank in 3v3 and 5v5.
Interesting enough, the ranking system also uses identical numbers. You begin at 1500 in WOW arenas as well.
It's not to say this is a bad thing, but that it may need to be more like WOW if they want it to be balanced.

For instances, you only truly need to play a certain amount of matches a week to obtain a favorable ranking in WOW.
But in B&S, it seems you need to play more to obtain a favorable ranking.
Additionally, your ranking being combined, doesn't say how well you do in solo situations or in group situations. It just says how well you do overall. This actually can be a good thing and a bad thing. For one, people won't be able to critizise you in one specific bracket, but then again, you won't know where your team mates need to improve.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 4:26 PM

View PostTashigi, on Jan 15, 2013 - 4:12 PM, said:

Basically from what Aari wrote above and some of the other things we've seen, it's WOW's arena system, except the 1v1/3v3 brackets are combined, ranking wise, where in WOW your rank in 1v1 is different from your rank in 3v3 and 5v5.
Interesting enough, the ranking system also uses identical numbers. You begin at 1500 in WOW arenas as well.
It's not to say this is a bad thing, but that it may need to be more like WOW if they want it to be balanced.

For instances, you only truly need to play a certain amount of matches a week to obtain a favorable ranking in WOW.
But in B&S, it seems you need to play more to obtain a favorable ranking.
Additionally, your ranking being combined, doesn't say how well you do in solo situations or in group situations. It just says how well you do overall. This actually can be a good thing and a bad thing. For one, people won't be able to critizise you in one specific bracket, but then again, you won't know where your team mates need to improve.

I've seen more than 5v5 on Steparu videos it's might've been 5v5 but it looked like a group of a lot pvping.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 6:02 PM

The arena system in B&S is limited to 3v3.
You're probably thinking outdoors PVP.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 6:04 PM

View PostTashigi, on Jan 15, 2013 - 6:02 PM, said:

The arena system in B&S is limited to 3v3.
You're probably thinking outdoors PVP.

Ahh... yes it was probably was outdoor pk.
Gees...Tashigi you know too much. :misdoubt:
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   bendeli 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationhttp://www.superdvdoutlet.ca/

Posted Apr 07, 2013 - 9:47 PM

I've seen more than 5v5 on Steparu videos it's might've been 5v5 but it looked like a group of a lot pvping.
Enjoy the latest released series superdvdoutlet with high quality for free shipping now!

User is offline   BirdOfHermes 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNifelheim
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Apr 08, 2013 - 4:26 AM

It's faction PVP, there a different faction Outfits to PVP with.

Posted Image

웃어라. 온 세상이 너와 함께 웃을 것이다. 울어라. 너 혼자만 울게 될 것이다

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users