• Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Carnage

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 7:05 PM

Posted Image

Website

http://the-carnage.enjin.com/home

Introduction

Hello there! I'd like to start off by telling you a bit about myself. I've been playing MMORPG's for several years, beginning with a game called Shadowbane, and most recently TERA Online. I have been in countless guilds and clans throughout my time as a gamer. Many of the guilds I have been in have left me with positive feelings and good memories. However, there were many who did just the opposite, and I left wondering how they could ever succeed with how they were running things and treating their members.

Basic Information and Guild Philosophy

This is a newly formed guild, and I'm offering you what I hope will be a completely new and refreshing guild experience. This guild was founded on the basic principle of having a good time with some good people. No matter what it comes down to, we all play games for the same basic reason; to have a good time. While things are obviously much more complex than that, in the end your ultimate goal while gaming is to have fun. When it comes it MMORPG's, I've found that your experience is ten times better when you are playing with a solid guild. It really gives you a much greater sense of community, and even when times in-game are dull, you can still be having a great time with your guild in voice chat. So what if you even took it a step further? Well, that is what I am hoping to do. My goal, is to create a large but tight knit gaming community of various views and play styles, and bring them all together. Whether you're a hardcore gamer, or just a casual player, you can be sure that you will fit in here. We are a very friendly and welcoming guild, but we also like to joke around and have a good time.

This is all made possible by the utilization of our guild ranking system. While I won't go too far in depth right here, essentially it is a very structured and organized ranking system, that places players in a chain of command based on their time in the guild, experience, potential, skill, leadership ability, and many other factors. This system will allow you to shine and climb the ranks of the guild. This will give players a greater sense of belonging and companionship. I will explain more about our ranking system later on in this thread.

Voice Chat
We have our own mumble server!

Rules

These are a few simple rules and guidelines to help maintain a friendly atmosphere.

1. Be respectful to all members, regardless of rank.
2. Do not spam/troll/flame anyone on the forums or in the voice chat.
3. When posting threads, or any sort of typing when you are representing the guild, please practice proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. (I.E. No "guyz i cant kill this monstah plz com help me kthx")
4. Real life comes first, I get that. Especially now while the guild is not officially playing a game, I don't expect you to be on all day every day. I do ask that you maintain active, and let your officer above you know if you have to leave for an extended period of time. Please don't just disappear.

Recruitment Information

Since the guild has been recently formed, we are currently in a stage of mass recruitment. We are interested in gamers of all skill levels, regardless of previous experience. If you are willing to learn and teach your peers, then you may have a place within Carnage! If you wish to join our ranks, simply visit our website, click the "recruitment" tab, and fill out the brief application.

If you are accepted, we ask that you do everything you can to spread the word and help increase the ranks of Carnage. If you personally recruit someone, ask them to put your name as the one who referred them to the guild. The amount of people you have recruited will be taken into account when your apply for advancement and officer positions.

Ranking System

Here is a more in depth view of our guild ranking system. This system offers you much room for advancement and leadership.

Here is a visual example of our ranking structure http://i.imgur.com/l9lda.png

Guild Master: Myself. Oversees guild administration and executive level tasks. Manages the website, forums, and chat system.

Vice Guild Master: Second in command. Assists the guild master with tasks and recruitment.

Centurion: (There will be 1-3 of these, depending on amount of members)
Acts as the leader and commander of his/her respective legates.
He/she will be the supreme commander for 1-3 legions.
He/she will report to the Guild Master or Vice Guild Master.
Will oversee the promotion/demotion of those under him/her.

Legate (There can be anywhere from 1-9 of these)
Acts as the commander and is directly in charge of a legion.
Reports to his/her respective Tribunus.
Will have the option to choose the name and symbol of his/her legion.
Oversees the promotion/demotion of those under him/her.

Prefect (There is one of these in each legion)
Acts as the second in command of a legion.
Assists the Legate with tasks and management of the legion.
Reports the the legate.

Soldier (There are 1-12 of these in each legion)
Basic Rank of membership
Has passed recruitment and become a full fledged member

Recruit
A person in the initiation process.

Special positions

PVP Officer: Works with Guild Master and Vice Guild Master to form strategies and techniques in order to engage enemy players in combat. Must be skilled in PVP and PVP tactics; must be a Centurion.

PVE Officer: Works to coordinate PVE events such as: raids, dungeons, group questing, etc. Must be legate or higher.

Recruitment Officer: Works with the Vice Guild Master to recruit and expand the ranks of Carnage. Must be Prefect or higher.

Crafting Officer: This depends heavily on the game and the crafting mechanics of the game. More info on this position will be determined later.

Conclusion

Thank you if you have read this far, in the thread I've done my best to explain to you who we are and what we are all about. If you're interested in joining, please go to our website and fill out an application. I've laid out the basic structure of the guild, but we still need more quality members such as yourself to fill out ranks!

If you have further question, feel free to leave a reply to this thread or visit the contact page on our website.

We hope to hear from you soon!

This post has been edited by Pittcrew: Jan 15, 2013 - 5:07 PM

User is offline   Jonny116 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 10:54 PM

This sounds amazing, i really hope i can join. Your positive view on a guild system is inspiring lol. I hope i can rise the ranks quickly *hint* *hint*

User is offline   Hisano 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationJylland, Denmark
  • Character:Hisane
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 4:46 AM

Hmm. All right, you've piqued my interest. Besides, I like the name, even though its not something as fancy as Hot Pink Monarchy. Oh well :P
Characters:
Hisane - Level 22 Female Jin Blade Master
Dekomori - Level 16 Female Lyn Force Master
Majii - Level 11 Female Jin Assassin

My literary work, Marinesnow of Orion (worktitle, not final :D) has now begun! Please visit my topic and comment/vote on the characters and the world I create for them peeps! It helps me a lot more than you'd think! What do you like/dislike about my characters? (They'll be updated along the way)
Marinesnow of Orion - Characters

User is offline   Jonny116 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Feb 05, 2013 - 8:39 PM

Really excited to see how the guild grows to become a tight group :matrix:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1