• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 4:23 AM

View PostAwake., on Jan 16, 2013 - 4:09 AM, said:

What's a reasonable pace is purely subjective and up to individual opinion though.

You may say that I move too fast though content, but to me it may be that you just move too slow. It's up to the developers and their design teams to make sure there is a proper balance between the two and provide for both sides of the coin. Unfortunately a lot of games don't deliver in making their games appeal to everyone.

They should still understand that when they're going as fast as they possibly can that they are rushing so fast that, yes, they are going to run out of content very quickly. Complaining once they have is pretty selfish of them, IMO.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 4:52 AM

Regardless of going "too fast" or "too slow" it's really up to the gamer how much they enjoy the content once they've reached the end. Some might find it's even better end game, or some might say that there's nothing to do. Unfortunately gaming companies couldn't possibly tailor to everyone's game preferences, they'll be some spots they miss. There are some good companies out there, like NCSoft, that do their best to try to appeal to everyone. But like I said, they really can only meet you half way, the rest is up to you
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 6:23 AM

Main goal of every game is "WIN". Never mind if that is computer game, cards or chess. That is not some of players fault, they are good. That is developers fault they want monthly fee from game what is possible to finish in 2 weeks. What is so typical for current Them Parks, lazy done endgame based on 2 instances...

This post has been edited by Zenek: Jan 16, 2013 - 6:25 AM

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 7:44 AM

View PostAwake., on Jan 16, 2013 - 4:09 AM, said:

What's a reasonable pace is purely subjective and up to individual opinion though.

You may say that I move too fast though content, but to me it may be that you just move too slow. It's up to the developers and their design teams to make sure there is a proper balance between the two and provide for both sides of the coin. Unfortunately a lot of games don't deliver in making their games appeal to everyone.

In my opinion an unreasonable pace is losing sleep to play a game scrambling through dungeons when you're clearly tired.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 2:38 PM

View PostFireHead, on Jan 16, 2013 - 7:44 AM, said:

In my opinion an unreasonable pace is losing sleep to play a game scrambling through dungeons when you're clearly tired.

I also feel like pulling all nighters when games release is ridiculous, but plenty of my friends have done it for one reason or another. Some games offer rewards for power leveling and speed grinding through content. TERA for example had unique titles for the first class to reach max level on each server, and a few of my friends pulled all nighters to get them playing for practically 48 hours straight almost. Lot's of games also have special rewards or titles again for being the first guild or group to clear through raids or dungeons, so again, people are going to want to obtain those as well. The same goes for PvP titles and rewards as well.

Some gamers are simply into that kind of stuff. That's just how they like to play, and you can't really blame them for that. A lot of people tell them to 'slow down' and to 'enjoy' the game, but don't realize that a lot of people actually enjoy gaming that way, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider myself one of them.

The best thing a gaming company can do is provide outlets of play for all kinds of gamers. When people complain about lack of content, it's because the game designers didn't make the game appealing enough for their kind of play usually. It doesn't even have to be just about hardcore or casual gameplay, but as simple as lack PvP or PvE outlets, or not enough crafting or roleplaying even.

This post has been edited by Awake.: Jan 16, 2013 - 2:59 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 5:03 PM

View PostZenek, on Jan 16, 2013 - 6:23 AM, said:

Main goal of every game is "WIN". Never mind if that is computer game, cards or chess. That is not some of players fault, they are good. That is developers fault they want monthly fee from game what is possible to finish in 2 weeks. What is so typical for current Them Parks, lazy done endgame based on 2 instances...

Dude if all you're going to do in every single thread is shit on "theme park" MMOs then maybe you should be waiting on a different game.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 5:19 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 16, 2013 - 5:03 PM, said:

Dude if all you're going to do in every single thread is shit on "theme park" MMOs then maybe you should be waiting on a different game.

His opinion let him be, he has the to freedom of speech.

This post has been edited by FireHead: Jan 16, 2013 - 5:20 PM

Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 5:29 PM

View PostFireHead, on Jan 16, 2013 - 5:19 PM, said:

His opinion let him be, he has the to freedom of speech.

He doesn't need to bring it up in every single thread, though.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 6:43 PM

I did not bring it, I just called issue by the name. You are blame players for them complains about too low content, I just named the true issue. You know, it is hard to talk about content without call the name of structure.

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostAwake., on Jan 16, 2013 - 3:37 AM, said:

You seem to forget that in some cases, the people claiming that there is nothing to do are complaining because they do in fact, have nothing left to do. Having nothing left to look forward to or obtain, they have "completed" the game.

That's not their fault. You can't blame the players for playing the game.

Although in my personal opinion, the majority of "nothing to do" comments are from boredom with what content is available, and not necessarily a lack there of.

True. But those claiming to do, also take some players who haven't finsihed anything with them, and those players they take with them say the same thing "Nothing to do" :p

Or they form a guild, rush through everything, and those in the guild who didnt leave due to the guild leaving. :/

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users