Blade & Soul Dojo: IGN fans rate Blade and Soul 9.4/10 - Blade & Soul Dojo

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IGN fans rate Blade and Soul 9.4/10 Rate Topic: -----

#1
User is offline   Mizuki 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 452
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationUSA
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 1:05 AM

Out 22 votes, IGN viewers rated Blade and Soul 9.4/10. I was a little biased and gave it a 10, wonder if I skewed the results :confident:

http://www.ign.com/g...oul/pc-14242855
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!
0

#2
User is offline   Lady Estellise 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: Dec 12, 2012
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 1:35 AM

Probably because it is!
And on my over to the website to vote myself an ad popped up featuring Kevin Bacon and his new TV show and let me just state that Kevin Bacon is just awesome.

Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~
0

#3
User is offline   Ryochan 

  • |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 1291
  • Joined: Jan 09, 2010
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 2:02 AM

From what I played CBT 3 I'd give it a 9, and OBT I'd give an 8,8 Definitely don't know how well, and how much things have updated atm. The change in skill sets from CBT 3 to OBT was a bit questioning. But I suppose adaptability would fix that. There was an annoying hitbox problem as well. Some additional things I would of added and tweaked a bit, but won't be able to tell until I play now. I await the NA release @_@.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image
0

#4
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 8:11 AM

Any rate the game without play at endgame is just invalid. Many games have well done starting areas, seems solid at beginning but game is crap.

Anything what I can rate right now is graphic and art style - for this part I can easily give 10/10.
0

#5
User is offline   Vile Samael 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 479
  • Joined: May 03, 2012
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 8:39 AM

View PostZenek, on Jan 14, 2013 - 8:11 AM, said:

Any rate the game without play at endgame is just invalid. Many games have well done starting areas, seems solid at beginning but game is crap.

Anything what I can rate right now is graphic and art style - for this part I can easily give 10/10.

If the game is crap why are you even here?
Posted Image
1

#6
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 8:48 AM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 14, 2013 - 8:39 AM, said:

If the game is crap why are you even here?


Did I said this?

I said I and most people who voted there cannot correctly rate this game - because was not able to play endgame.
0

#7
User is offline   Vile Samael 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 479
  • Joined: May 03, 2012
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 9:12 AM

View PostZenek, on Jan 14, 2013 - 8:48 AM, said:

Did I said this?

I said I and most people who voted there cannot correctly rate this game - because was not able to play endgame.

Oh, I had to reread it a few times to understand it. It looked like you were talking about BnS there for a second.
Posted Image
0

#8
User is offline   Ghastly 

  • Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5399
  • Joined: May 11, 2010
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 9:41 AM

How about playing the game and enjoying it instead of playing the game to discover what the "endgame" has? :smile:
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!
5

#9
User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

  • Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: Jan 02, 2013
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 4:11 PM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 14, 2013 - 9:41 AM, said:

How about playing the game and enjoying it instead of playing the game to discover what the "endgame" has? :smile:

he didnt state that he would be playing to discover what endgame was, but Endgame is a VERY important part of a game its what keeps players sub'd and therefore should be done well, it may be the journey not the destination but there needs to be some closure once you get there.
1

#10
User is offline   Lady Estellise 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: Dec 12, 2012
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 4:38 PM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 14, 2013 - 9:41 AM, said:

How about playing the game and enjoying it instead of playing the game to discover what the "endgame" has? :smile:


I agree.

It's everything that leads up to end game content that is most important. If you're not having fun leveling, or exploring, or grinding, or doing dungeons!? While endgame content can add even more excitement, playing and enjoying the game as a whole is the best thing for anyone to do, all parts included!

This post has been edited by Lady Estellise: Jan 14, 2013 - 4:38 PM

Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~
2

#11
User is offline   Tashigi 

  • Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4521
  • Joined: Oct 31, 2010
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 5:42 PM

View PostLady Estellise, on Jan 14, 2013 - 4:38 PM, said:

I agree.
It's everything that leads up to end game content that is most important. If you're not having fun leveling, or exploring, or grinding, or doing dungeons!? While endgame content can add even more excitement, playing and enjoying the game as a whole is the best thing for anyone to do, all parts included!

Not entirely true for an MMOG.
End game content literally defines the genre to many, many people. Particularly those who raid/dungeon a lot.
If the end game content is lackluster, those people won't re-roll an alt and level again, they'll just leave the game all together.
B&S is not GW2; where level and capping your character is nearly irrelevant as you'll continue to explore/wander even at max level. In B&S, it's more of the traditional. Almost identical to WOW as far as max level went some years ago. Except WOW has always kept adding content left and right.

The good news is that Team Bloodlust seems to be patching in content on what seems to be a monthly basis.
If they keep it up, the game will be fortified enough that by the time it reaches the west, these "raider/dungeon" people won't be able to shred through the content in a week, like they did in TERA and other similar games.
0

#12
User is offline   Vile Samael 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 479
  • Joined: May 03, 2012
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 6:13 PM

View PostTashigi, on Jan 14, 2013 - 5:42 PM, said:

Not entirely true for an MMOG.
End game content literally defines the genre to many, many people. Particularly those who raid/dungeon a lot.
If the end game content is lackluster, those people won't re-roll an alt and level again, they'll just leave the game all together.
B&S is not GW2; where level and capping your character is nearly irrelevant as you'll continue to explore/wander even at max level. In B&S, it's more of the traditional. Almost identical to WOW as far as max level went some years ago. Except WOW has always kept adding content left and right.

The good news is that Team Bloodlust seems to be patching in content on what seems to be a monthly basis.
If they keep it up, the game will be fortified enough that by the time it reaches the west, these "raider/dungeon" people won't be able to shred through the content in a week, like they did in TERA and other similar games.

You underestimate the dedication some people have to going fast. I wouldn't be surprised if some people still do.
Posted Image
0

#13
User is offline   Awake. 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: Oct 04, 2012
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 14, 2013 - 9:45 PM

I'm gonna agree with Tashigi in that end game is a pivotal part in an mmorpg's success or failure. Lack of end game is probably the number one killer of all new mmo's nowadays.

2 weeks. That's the average time it takes me to hit max level in most games. Some are more, like Aion, but then again some are less, like GW2 being 5 days. Those 2 weeks are nearly inconsequential to the amount of time I will spend playing at end game. Can't tell you how many times I've enjoyed leveling up in a game, only to reach max level and find that there is either nothing to do or the end game content is horrible. The most recent culprits being, SWtoR and TERA. I let GW2 slide only because the game is designed differently from the mmo norm.

As far as the IGN poll goes (I think it's at like 25 votes right now), that's hardly a large enough source pool to be valid, not that I disagree with the results or anything :embarrassed:
Posted Image
0

#14
User is offline   Lyndis 

  • Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 912
  • Joined: Aug 31, 2011
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 9:46 PM

You're not going to be bale to eliminate ALL the people that want to do EVERYTHING there is to do in under a week.

The sad thing is that no matter how much content is released with our version there will always be a minority of players who complete all things possible in the game and will complain that there is "nothing to do" when the game hasn't even been out for a month or so.

Honestly, there is no helping this group of people in my opinion.
2

#15
User is offline   Mizuki 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 452
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationUSA
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 15, 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostLyndis, on Jan 15, 2013 - 9:46 PM, said:

You're not going to be bale to eliminate ALL the people that want to do EVERYTHING there is to do in under a week.

The sad thing is that no matter how much content is released with our version there will always be a minority of players who complete all things possible in the game and will complain that there is "nothing to do" when the game hasn't even been out for a month or so.

Honestly, there is no helping this group of people in my opinion.


That group frustrates me, if there was only a way to set their forum topics to be auto deleted
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!
0

#16
User is offline   Shinaji 

  • Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4808
  • Joined: Jun 27, 2010
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 1:53 AM

Then that group spreads all over the internet proclaiming that there is nothing to do, and most people are like, Oh there is nothing to do I won't even bother playing that game.
You see it first hand in some games, people come in playing and then are like. Wow I heard there was nothing to do in this game but it has so much. Then you tell them to try stuff for themselves and stop listening to half wits on the internet. Then the cycle repeats.

Either way that rating can't possibly be taken seriously, unless it's a hype metre then sure.

2

#17
User is offline   Awake. 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: Oct 04, 2012
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 3:37 AM

You seem to forget that in some cases, the people claiming that there is nothing to do are complaining because they do in fact, have nothing left to do. Having nothing left to look forward to or obtain, they have "completed" the game.

That's not their fault. You can't blame the players for playing the game.

Although in my personal opinion, the majority of "nothing to do" comments are from boredom with what content is available, and not necessarily a lack there of.

This post has been edited by Awake.: Jan 16, 2013 - 3:45 AM

Posted Image
0

#18
User is offline   Shinaji 

  • Emperor of Lightning ( 雷帝 뇌제 )
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 4808
  • Joined: Jun 27, 2010
  • LocationJamaica
  • Character:Something Cool
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 3:50 AM

Of course it goes either way. Two sides to every coin. Common sense stuff really.
0

#19
User is offline   Vile Samael 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 479
  • Joined: May 03, 2012
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 3:54 AM

View PostAwake., on Jan 16, 2013 - 3:37 AM, said:

You seem to forget that in some cases, the people claiming that there is nothing to do are complaining because they do in fact, have nothing left to do. Having nothing left to look forward to or obtain, they have "completed" the game.

That's not their fault. You can't blame the players for playing the game.

Although in my personal opinion, the majority of "nothing to do" comments are from boredom with what content is available, and not necessarily a lack there of.

Our problem with them is that they're the ones who speed through it as fast as they can and then complain once they're done, while everyone else is perfectly happy with the content because they're moving at a reasonable pace.
Posted Image
0

#20
User is offline   Awake. 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: Oct 04, 2012
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 4:09 AM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 16, 2013 - 3:54 AM, said:

Our problem with them is that they're the ones who speed through it as fast as they can and then complain once they're done, while everyone else is perfectly happy with the content because they're moving at a reasonable pace.


What's a reasonable pace is purely subjective and up to individual opinion though.

You may say that I move too fast though content, but to me it may be that you just move too slow. It's up to the developers and their design teams to make sure there is a proper balance between the two and provide for both sides of the coin. Unfortunately a lot of games don't deliver in making their games appeal to everyone.
Posted Image
1

Share this topic:

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users