Blade & Soul Dojo: Sony exec teases PS4 announcement for May or June - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sony exec teases PS4 announcement for May or June Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 9:26 AM

New? Go back and read my posts, I'm asking for PC exclusives. Negligible differences in multi-platform games isn't going to make most people choose PC when I'll be missing on tons of console-only games.

We can keep going in circles if you want but when the next-gen consoles break record sales and continue to thrive (bigger market than PC) then I don't know where the argument of PC gamers trying to be vocal over negligible differences comes in. PC had betters graphics in 1995, didn't matter, 2001, didn't matter, 2006, didn't matter. The trend will continue whether you zoom in to the smallest pixel differences or not.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Negliable only if you choose to ignore it.
But hey, if half the FPS, lower FOV, lower resolution, poor level of textures, less DOF, less shaders, no AO and many other particle effects, etc. is OK with you, and it's fine if it is, then that's fine. A lot of gamers on budgets go console for this reason. Despite the games in the long run costing more than the PC versions (There is reason for this, too. Not just Steam/GOG/Gamefly, etc sales. Partly due to there being fewer to no licensing fees for developers -- unlike in the closed environments Sony and MS have created).

Graphics is just part of the reason console gamers migrate to PC.
There is other reasons and many of those being some of why I've personally migrated over time. One being the open environment, community support for both games/consumers and developers and overall more freedom.
You tend to associate all of the above with malicious things like piracy, etc. and that in itself it's also very ignorant. But I won't go there.

Back on topic, I think it would be cool if they used Gaikai to stream games purchased for the PS3/PS4, to the VITA or a future handheld.
That in itself would be very attractive and a good selling point.

This post has been edited by Tashigi: Jan 16, 2013 - 11:57 AM

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 12:17 PM

I think GaiKai is sonys solution to the backwards compatibility
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 12:17 PM

I was thinking that too and it would be brilliant.

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 16, 2013 - 1:01 PM

Im hoping id be able to fo it on a slow 1.5 mb connection. i seem to play other games alright like path of exile and hawken. i lag on my ps3 when doing online with doa5 :( so i dont play online anymore on that game but borderlands seemed fine
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Sep 20, 2013 - 10:25 AM

http://www.engadget....t&ncid=rss_semi
Weird but cool that they were open about it.

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 02, 2013 - 6:01 PM

Despite everything that was published in the PS4 FAQ (Which was a massive letter), I still can't recommend anyone the XBONE.
If you've seen the BF4 videos, the only thing the XBONE has going for itself, graphically, is better "constrast"... which is not only subjective but you can just adjust on your TV/monitor settings by pressing a button.

Posted Image

IMO if you're a gamer on a budget, go PS4.
You'll get the better build and your chances of being treated fairly are definitely higher with Sony than with M$.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users