Lyn BM skill confusion!

User is offline   SaladDressing 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 8:53 PM

I posted this in the Lyn, under the ask me anything thread, but it seems everyone has moved on! But heres my question to all you Lyn BMs out there!

Evidently this is a relatively popular skill setup. But I've got a few questions to help me understand why.

The level 20 skill, Upward Slash, is usable by stun. The only skill that procs stun 100% of the time is Lightning Strike (level 15 skill). But if you improve it under the level 30 skill set, you completely get rid of you stunning chance. Now that means its much harder to knock things into the air, to do air combos correct?

Also, why would they get the 3rd upgrade to the the quick draw..or whatever its called. It removes the AoE ability and only gives it a slow. I understand it improves the damage on a single target, but is it really worth it? I mean Lyn BMs are good with AoE damage correct?

I'm just curious to know if I'm missing something...like having high stun chance at higher levels..or a stun proc on different skills..PLEASE HELP ME OUT! Thanks!
Posted Image

COMMENTS ANYONE!? Tell me what your setup is, please :)

User is offline   muoibeo 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 08, 2013 - 12:32 PM

The 3rd give you life steal, which heal me around 3k , and 8k+ if crit, it does help you alot.

If you go for pvp, dont need this skill, if pve go for it, got 2 heal skill is very nice.

Lightning blade can strike for 3 times, massive dps.

About Aoe, if you want to grind creep, spinning + right button more than enough.

These other skill improve the ability soloing + control bosses.

If you go for PVP, get whatever that can stun :D

This post has been edited by muoibeo: Jan 08, 2013 - 12:35 PM

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨

Posted Jan 08, 2013 - 5:12 PM

In PvE dungeons, doing an air combo kills dps since the rest of your party can't hit whoever is in the air.
Besides, bosses need 2 consecutive cc to be effective so you would need 2 stuns instead of 1.
It is possible for LBMs to have 2 stuns (non-upgraded lightning strike and upgraded quick draw) but it is mainly used to chain force choke and be more of a support.

I'm not sure what you mean by 3rd upgrade on quick draw.
발도 "quick draw" only has one upgrade (7th column 2nd row).
Are you talking about 일섬 (Can't translate to English) upgrades? (6th column 2nd,3rd,4th rows)
Or 번개배기 "lightning strike" upgrades? (4th column 4th,5th,6th rows)

The quick draw upgrade (7th column 2nd row) gives stun to normal attacks while in quick draw stance every 45 seconds but removes the extra damage when you crit.

일섬 (6th column 2nd row) gives you the ability 일섬 (F key when you crit while in quick draw stance) (This also stuns).
The upgrade 1 (one below that) removes the stun and gives extra damage as well as bonus damage to cc'ed targets. You can also use it up to 3 times in a row if the skill crits.
The next upgrade changes the skill to a single target move and deals a lot more damage.

The one that gives slow is the first lightning strike upgrade (4th column 4th row)
The next upgrade removes the slow and gives extra damage instead and bonus damage to cc'ed targets. (and still AOE).
The third upgrade removes bonus damage to stunned targets and gives lifesteal instead.

AOE isn't really important in end game dungeons (or all dungeons in general) because bosses are usually alone.
If they are not, it usually becomes one person tanks the adds while the rest of the party focus on the boss.
Besides, you have your right click (가르기 "sunder") massive AOE damage for killing trash mobs in between bosses.

In this setup, the destroyer would come in cc and grab the boss (LBMs should q/e + spam right click) > throw the boss upward for the KFM to do air takedown > takedown targets are considered downed (cc'ed) so bring out lightning strike + 일심 + 일심 + 일심 combo (bonus damage to cc'ed targets). Note this combo is the highest burst damage LBM has.

User is offline   SaladDressing 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 08, 2013 - 7:06 PM

View PostDi, on Jan 08, 2013 - 5:12 PM, said:

In PvE dungeons, doing an air combo kills dps since the rest of your party can't hit whoever is in the air.
Besides, bosses need 2 consecutive cc to be effective so you would need 2 stuns instead of 1.
It is possible for LBMs to have 2 stuns (non-upgraded lightning strike and upgraded quick draw) but it is mainly used to chain force choke and be more of a support.

I'm not sure what you mean by 3rd upgrade on quick draw.
발도 "quick draw" only has one upgrade (7th column 2nd row).
Are you talking about 일섬 (Can't translate to English) upgrades? (6th column 2nd,3rd,4th rows)
Or 번개배기 "lightning strike" upgrades? (4th column 4th,5th,6th rows)

The quick draw upgrade (7th column 2nd row) gives stun to normal attacks while in quick draw stance every 45 seconds but removes the extra damage when you crit.

일섬 (6th column 2nd row) gives you the ability 일섬 (F key when you crit while in quick draw stance) (This also stuns).
The upgrade 1 (one below that) removes the stun and gives extra damage as well as bonus damage to cc'ed targets. You can also use it up to 3 times in a row if the skill crits.
The next upgrade changes the skill to a single target move and deals a lot more damage.

The one that gives slow is the first lightning strike upgrade (4th column 4th row)
The next upgrade removes the slow and gives extra damage instead and bonus damage to cc'ed targets. (and still AOE).
The third upgrade removes bonus damage to stunned targets and gives lifesteal instead.

AOE isn't really important in end game dungeons (or all dungeons in general) because bosses are usually alone.
If they are not, it usually becomes one person tanks the adds while the rest of the party focus on the boss.
Besides, you have your right click (가르기 "sunder") massive AOE damage for killing trash mobs in between bosses.

In this setup, the destroyer would come in cc and grab the boss (LBMs should q/e + spam right click) > throw the boss upward for the KFM to do air takedown > takedown targets are considered downed (cc'ed) so bring out lightning strike + 일심 + 일심 + 일심 combo (bonus damage to cc'ed targets). Note this combo is the highest burst damage LBM has.

Sorry for the confusing and thanks for your reply! I was referring to column 6 row 4, and column 4 row 4,5. So you answered my questions :) they were very helpful. Another quick question, can you explain how the skill in column 3, row 6 AND column 5 row 6 works, and if it is more useful than the life steal on the skill beside it?

Thank you!

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨

Posted Jan 08, 2013 - 11:19 PM

Column 3 row 6 is an upgrade to 오연배기.
The skill no longer regens chi when it hits a stunned or groggy target (from previous upgrade) (useless)
Damage is reduced
Hits multiple enemies instead of just one
Applies groggy
Knocks stunned or groggy enemies into the air for air combo
(Apply groggy on first hit > knock up on second hit)

Although it is useful when playing solo (especially Tower), it's pretty much useless in pve dungeons.
Bosses require 2 cc's and this skill does not apply groggy twice.
This can mess up other people's cc (example. team was applying down but somebody used groggy which usually results in failed cc)
The only reason why this skill is good is because it lets you resist most attacks during the duration of the skill. (Doesn't need any upgrades too. so spend points elsewhere)

Column 5 row 6 is an upgrade to 어검 연속베기. The only ranged skill LBM has.
Instead of sending flying blades one by one, this upgrade sends out five all at once.
Damage is also increased.
Downside is that it instantly uses 6 chi

Tip:
If cc is not required you can (if you have at least 8 chi) just force choke > send swords flying > strike with lightning (lv45 skill)
If the target requires cc to force choke, (you need full chi) kick > lower cut (2 down cc) > stomp (regen 2 chi) > same combo as above
If you have 5 chi after grabbing, back step (ss) to regen 1 chi and do the combo.
You should have the force grab upgrades (column 8 row 3)

If you are fine with less damage and concerned with survivability, I guess it is fine to go with lifesteal.
But it is recommended that you spend the point elsewhere since you only heal 50% of the damage dealt.
Plus the skill has a 45 second cooldown.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users