Blade & Soul Dojo: Blade and soul a recipe for Success? - Blade & Soul Dojo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blade and soul a recipe for Success? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Blade and soul a recipe for Success? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Recipe for Success?

1. yes (10 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. no (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Could use improvement

1. Will state what within a post (8 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. not sure what but it needs polish (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 5:57 AM

So I have been looking at BnS for awhile now and have been thinking to myself does this game have everything needed to truly flourish. (I believe it does)

Personally I feel like it has one of (if not) the best combat systems in a MMO yet, it may not give a customization personal story (along the lines of GW2/SWTOR) but it does seem to give at the least a engaging one, it has interesting classes each with their own strengths and weakness and each with various build paths for various strategies & playstyle, due to this the PVP is diverse and very skill balanced as most classes probably have some strategy they can utilize to out do a opponent.
Enough of my babbling though what are your thoughts.

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:08 AM

It has some major strengths and it has some major flaws. Its flaws could really go either way to make it popular or just "HAHA THAT ONE GAME" over here.

Iunno personally the combat system isn't that amazing to me, but that's just because the early trailers made it look targetless. The cutscenes are cool and the NPCs are pretty great, though, and the character customization is coming along very nicely. I'd like more colour variety, though. Vin had a lot more colour variety in beta than BnS does at release. I'm not looking forward to the weird anatomy we'll be seeing running around, even if you disregard how weird the anatomy is in the first place. Gonna probably see plenty of """"""sexy"""""" boob monsters.

But yeah sure, if it actually gets some exposure it'll be great and successful.
Posted Image

User is offline   Sogeking 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:12 AM

I'd really like to think that this game is perfect because deep inside it's the best mmo for me, BUT I still haven't played so I can't be sure and plus...no game is perfect because the creators aren't gods and let's not forget that they are a company so they need money to run even if that's not their ultimate purpose for releasing the game.
Posted Image

~IGN: Suisen~

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:18 AM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 06, 2013 - 6:08 AM, said:

the character customization is coming along very nicely. I'd like more colour variety, though. Vin had a lot more colour variety in beta than BnS does at release. I'm not looking forward to the weird anatomy we'll be seeing running around, even if you disregard how weird the anatomy is in the first place. Gonna probably see plenty of """"""sexy"""""" boob monsters.

Good point I think it has plenty of Color variety I just think the lighting setup gives them all a interchangeable look to them, (IE,the lighting makes it look like u can switch the colors around and it wouldnt be a problem) The character custo does give a chance to make some really cool looking characters but your prob 100% right on the fact that due to it, it'll probably be flooded with big boob'd/big ass'd monster women.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:56 AM

Ohhh... what is wrong with big breasts? I do love it :big_smile:
This character customisation is epic. That is obviously something what should be used in all games. I understand someone do no like others taste and creativity - but you can not make happy everyone. And big boobs FTW!

I myself have big doubt about this game. So definitely I do not think that is "Recipe for Success".

Combat system - I'm spoiled by Tera FGT system where game was completly manual aim based. Now when I see B&S is see here auto-aim everywhere. So for me that is step back, but still better than tab-target games.
But overall game seems to have solid fight system, with nice animations grabs, combos etc. Also I see here flaws like 6 sec CC, sapphire gem what cause CC while target dodge/block etc. Too much CC and too low possibilities for avoid DMG/CC.
I see people from one side talk about how balanced this game is, but from time to time, do came situations what provere that game is not that balanced - for example LBM.

The bigest advantage of this game is design and character creator. Beautiful graphic and animations. But is it enough? Graphic, fight system and boobs are good only to encourage the player. But it will not hold him/her.
If this game will be succesfull or not, is only depend if players will get bored of game after first 2-3 months after release. What is hard for theme park to guarante fun for longer period of time...

This post has been edited by Zenek: Jan 06, 2013 - 7:00 AM

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 8:13 AM

View PostMythicalbrit, on Jan 06, 2013 - 5:57 AM, said:

So I have been looking at BnS for awhile now and have been thinking to myself does this game have everything needed to truly flourish. (I believe it does)

Personally I feel like it has one of (if not) the best combat systems in a MMO yet, it may not give a customization personal story (along the lines of GW2/SWTOR) but it does seem to give at the least a engaging one, it has interesting classes each with their own strengths and weakness and each with various build paths for various strategies & playstyle, due to this the PVP is diverse and very skill balanced as most classes probably have some strategy they can utilize to out do a opponent.
Enough of my babbling though what are your thoughts.

Okay, need to reply here, and I can only speak for SWTOR not really GW2 (though from what I've played it seems to be the same thing)...

SWTOR doesn't give a customized personal story on any level. You're Sith Inquisitor Storyline is going to end the same way everyone elses Sith Inquisitor Storyline ends. The only difference is a few chat scenes that have no bearing on the end.

Jedi Knights have a bit of a difference I'm told (one of the few I haven't seen the end to), but it's a minor one (based on lightside or darkside), and they still give you the title.

For a story driven mmo, it's not anymore story driven than any other mmo. The difference is, instead of one all encompassing storyline (like TERA) it has 8, which are based on what class you picked.

So, yes,it makes rolling alts a little more fun, but even then, outside of the storyline quests, you're basically repeating the same quests, unlike in TERA, where you can actually get to a point to skip some of the quests you did before (not all mind you, I think some later level ones are still basically repeated, but I know I got to some levels and basically went one way instead of another on the regular quests).

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 2:59 PM

From what I have seen from YouTube's (seen a lot) is the combat is mix from the Tera aim and shoot, and the basic MMORPG target system.

Like the Force master has that freezing ability, to freeze a enemy in place. :cold:
I've seen a vid. where if you target a bit to far of, it fails. Even if that enemy is targeted. :misdoubt:

But if you just think about the abilities you all have seen, some make sense you need targeting. And other can be fired from the wrist. :brick:

But now my opinion, seen a lot and heard plenty.
Big boob girls: big plus. :dribble: But thats not the only reason the game made me fall in love. :silly:
I got over 1.5GB of anime series on my comp. and this game let's me run and fight just as flashy and awesome way like the anime's :big_smile:

But from what I have heard, I only wish they add a day/night cycle. :joss_stick:
Not just day, dusk, night maps.

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 3:07 PM

I don't really care that much about boobs. Hell, boobs are great. Just, uh...

Posted Image

Yeah.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 3:14 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 06, 2013 - 3:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah.

:omg: Damn! those aren't legs, but concrete piles.
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 4:05 PM

View PostBrandX, on Jan 06, 2013 - 8:13 AM, said:

Okay, need to reply here, and I can only speak for SWTOR not really GW2 (though from what I've played it seems to be the same thing)...

SWTOR doesn't give a customized personal story on any level. You're Sith Inquisitor Storyline is going to end the same way everyone else's Sith Inquisitor Storyline ends. The only difference is a few chat scenes that have no bearing on the end.

I played to 50 on acouple chars and I have to say at the least it gives a nice illusion of choice, what you decide to say within conversations can change the objectives of missions and sometimes the entire structure of them. Guild wars I havent gotten that far in but it does things within a similar manner, (SPOILER ALERT) at one stage in the humans story u have to save a orphanage or a hospital and what u decide to save after the mission will still be there the other will be a burnt husk. MMOs cant really afford to do TRULY dynamic personal stories yet it isnt easy (or cheap) enough to program/write for yet but the deciding factor is how well the ILLUSION of choice is portrayed.

I don't really care that much about boobs. Hell, boobs are great. Just, uh...Yeah.

Thats one more of the points pretty much all the women within BnS are related to Chun li (not that theres anything wrong with it Chun li is good look) just kinda meh after seein em acouple times.

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 9:02 PM

View PostMythicalbrit, on Jan 06, 2013 - 4:05 PM, said:

I played to 50 on acouple chars and I have to say at the least it gives a nice illusion of choice, what you decide to say within conversations can change the objectives of missions and sometimes the entire structure of them. Guild wars I havent gotten that far in but it does things within a similar manner, (SPOILER ALERT) at one stage in the humans story u have to save a orphanage or a hospital and what u decide to save after the mission will still be there the other will be a burnt husk. MMOs cant really afford to do TRULY dynamic personal stories yet it isnt easy (or cheap) enough to program/write for yet but the deciding factor is how well the ILLUSION of choice is portrayed.

Thats one more of the points pretty much all the women within BnS are related to Chun li (not that theres anything wrong with it Chun li is good look) just kinda meh after seein em acouple times.

I guess TORs illusion failed on me then :p As I see it as just another point a to point b storyline like other mmos.

That however, doesn't mean I don't enjoy them.

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 9:09 PM

I can't honestly say until I play it but if I were to go off the Korean version it has a lot of customizations which mmo players love, people can take hours customizing their character and BnS gives them that. TERA had some nice customizations but they were still limited, this goes all out
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 9:15 PM

Hard to say.

It looks to have great things (especially the customization) however, I think the race/class limitations will hold it back. The limitations may work for the story they came up with, but we'll still see a bunch of posts from males who want to play a certain class but don't want to roll a female or lyn.

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 11:36 PM

Lineage 2 with a focus on pve. Instead of a focus on pvp.

This is a great recipe, it's the WoW recipe. Every new update for B&S brings better things. That's a recipe for success. A game focused on pve for which the gameplay is fun.

First year many will quit because of the low level cap. But as it gets more updates it will get more things to play through and grow like a tree. The core is strong, strong cores are irresistible.

Gamers don't pass on quality, B&S is full of quality. We can argue about a new game needing more quests and more things to do but if what it has and keeps on getting is quality, there's a bright future for that game.

I've played it so I can say this with confidence.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Rubedo 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 17, 2013 - 10:33 AM

*sigh* Wish the phone site had quote options

Anyway about the gender thing,

Jins and Gons both have dominate alpha male types in their races and all the classes that are availiable reside in those two races really (cept LBM). So for those few insecure males they have nothing to worry about.

I on the other hand don't care about stature, beating someone up as a Lyn adds to the troll meter imo, and a buddy of mine from a past game noticed that playing as a female character got him many gifts from people. There are some perks.
Posted Image

User is offline   Sushie 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Sushie

Posted Jan 20, 2013 - 9:42 PM

Sadly I can't play the Korean version :cry:

But for what I have seen so far in Youtube I have to say the customization looks awesome!!!! And I, for one, don't mind if there's some class/race/gender limitations as long as there's a lore into it. The only part I am scared about is "NCSOFT" ..

If they fuck this up I'll try to find a Korean friend to play with and ask him/her to create my account for me and just play that version.

This post has been edited by Sushie: Jan 20, 2013 - 9:44 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Adelen 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Cherieko
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 8:51 PM

IMO,

- The strongest point of this game is the story, supported by many great cut scenes. Whenever I play a role-playing game, story is the 1st thing I would look into. Good story = keeping me (and maybe many other players) to stay longer because I will try to fulfill the requirement (quests, level) to advance and see what is gonna happen next. B&S is doing really well on this part :upset:

- Combat: brilliant is all I can say. Some people I met in-game had compared B&S's and TERA's combat. To me, they are both great, I enjoy both. :love:

- Graphic: obviously beautiful, as expected. :big_smile:

- Lyn Race: yeah, you guys may find it weird but the Lyn race was actually the reason why I keep chasing this game. :dreaming:

NCWest may do some modifications on this game when it comes to US but it won't stop me from playing :embarrassed:
Posted Image

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 23, 2013 - 9:15 PM

Posted Image

Yeah.

Those are good child-bearing hips.

This post has been edited by Lady Estellise: Jan 23, 2013 - 9:15 PM

Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users