• View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Locationgermany
  • Character:milarose
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 6:10 PM

hello people

so i reached my lvl45 some days ago. And i wonder how is the pvp balancing so far in end game.
It's hard to tell since most koreans playing for much longer then me, are more skilled, have much better equip (especially PVP builds for some) and a way better ping. So for the most time i get crushed by the koreans without a chance-.-. Also seems a few people are cheating.
And the difference in a fresh lvl45 and a player that has highly enchanted, powerfull equip is extraordinary huge.

So i don't have any clue about it nor having any pvp experience but a very little.

I know each class will most likely have their weakspots or strengh in some way....
But what i know from servel years of mmo's.... there isn't any game that is more or less balanced in pvp. There is always classes that have unfair, overpowered skill (like in aion, the one hit sorc) or classes that are cannon food for most others.

In BNS i guess the lyn BM (actually swordmaster but everyones call them bm) seem to be very overpowered, especially cause they are immun to stun/knockdown etc while spinning, makes them almost untouchable for any other melee cls. The block from KFM don't interrupt it, what's also a joke. Damage output seems to be extremly high. The recover from knockdown also too fast, since it seems they don't need to do much more to do than spamming the TAB-key. Destroyer the same maybe not so much damage but they have more HP and can survive very long. Also their grab skills are so unfair.

I really like PVP but if ends up in like in Aion or so with the pvp balancing then i will never give a sht about it.
I'm very glad that PVP in BNS is so for very optional. You are never forced to do it, you don't need to do it for any story content and it didn't play such a big role than in other games (maybe will be different for EU/NA, they want to make chances in system)
Posted Image

User is offline   Juana 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 6:25 PM

Assassin seems to be severely underpowered as well, but that might just be PvE

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 6:51 PM

I'm afraid we have to w8 for see true balance. But from something what I see there are classes what make me worry:

FM - range DPS, seems to have far too much CC included choking and too big DPS mixed with auto aim, small hitboxes.

Assassin - I never saw balanced stelth clase

Lyn BM - New class, look for me as berserker in Lineage 2. New class in game what had broken balance in game. Lyn BM seems to be the same, tons of CC included choking + small hitboxes.

User is offline   milaR0se 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationgermany
  • Character:milarose

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:11 PM

basicly PVP is the reason why i left aion bevor even reached end lvl. Almost everywhere forced to PVP, unbalancing like in no other games.
Played Aion as gladiator, you know what i'm talking about.

Sure there will never be any 100% balance, but i hope it will be at least better than in aion or late ragnarok.
But somehow i have the feeling that this game will be no different, sooner or later.
Posted Image

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:狼 ' 腾

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:24 PM

Regarding the lyn blademaster:

Lbm is ridiculous way overpowered imo.

First at all: His chi choke compared with the fact that he can sending his lightning blades on you during chi choke is retarded. Besides the cd is a way too short.

Second: He/she is immune against cc while spinning (i think for the first 0.5s, correct me if i´m wrong) like milaRose wrote.

Third: His skill summon guardian sword protection, it has the same icon like the on from the bm, not alone protects him from range attacks, it basically protects him from all kind of damage and cc. At least I personally didn´t see any skill that can break his protection. Besides he can move and use skills (doesn´t know which restriction it has). Absolutely retarded.

It is like i feared when they announced this class: They said it´s a easy to learn class. Yeah, it seems it´s class for all ppl that want an easymode class. Wann easy win in the upcoming 3vs3 arena? Haha, take 3 lbms and kick some asses.
Of course last one is speculation. In the end, rated arena will show if the lbm is op or not. What i can say is that i have with no other classes more problems than with a lbm as sin, even against destroyer I have better chances, and I pvped a lot.

Regarding forcemaster:

He/she is very strong. Even against sin, whom many ppl sees as his perfect counter class, he/she has good chances to win. I saw many good pvp duels from really good korean pvp players and when it comes to the duel sin vs fm, it´s absolutely nonsense to claim a fm would lose against a sin if both player are on equal skill and gear niveau.
Fact is many fm, like in every mmo regarding mage/caster player, are just incomptent to play their class well and to gear up properly. Thats imo why many ppl think fm is weak.

About Sin:

Many ppl thinks sin is super strong because he has this "one-shot-combo". Thats stun - aerial kick - aerial combo 1 - spider webs - bomb (upgraded too 300% damage on knocked downed targets) - moth - bomb up!
If you have proper "pvp-gear", that means at least 30% DR, medium-high critical resistance, alot life, this "one-shot-combo" will make you laugh. A lbm will dish out alot, and with alot i mean alot, damage in the same time.

Sad but true, BnS lacks pvp content and with the lbm team bloodlust made a mistake regarding creating a new class. I think, when the arenas come out, we´ll defintely gonna see that the class balancing is not so good like many ppl would think. And don´t tell me that´s impossible to balance a mmo completely on 1on1 situations. I know that but the fact that rated 1 vs 1 arenas will introduced, it´s the duty of team bloodlust to try to balance all classes for 1on1 situations.
Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 50/8 Forcemaster - Wulin - Guild: 狼 ' 腾

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)

User is offline   kim4short 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • View gallery
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Character:KimKimi
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:Loli Power

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:25 PM

Sin is the most hated class in pvp until lyn bm came..
Posted Image

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:26 PM

Current PvP class balance looks like this:

Destro > All
Assassin a really strong PvP class and can win against everyone, will most likely lose to Destro
LBM extremely strong with OP Force choke (Especially for Mass PvP in the 45 Camp, Long range no Stun needed and instant)
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:狼 ' 腾

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:32 PM

View PostmilaR0se, on Jan 03, 2013 - 7:11 PM, said:

basicly PVP is the reason why i left aion bevor even reached end lvl. Almost everywhere forced to PVP, unbalancing like in no other games.

Sure there will never be any 100% balance, but i hope it will be at least better than in aion or late ragnarok.
But somehow i have the feeling that this game will be no different, sooner or later.

Well, i´m a bit surprised. You left aion because of the pvp. When did you play aion? Of course from Aion 2.0 onward, aion became more and more like shit but aion pre 2.0 was just amazing regarding pvp. Of course aion wasn´t balanced for 1on1, but it was a more teambased pvp game. You played gladiator. Man, this class was amazing in group pvp. Ever played against a skilled team consists of spiritmaster, cleric, 2 gladis (with silence godstone) and 2 glacial shard sorcs in dred? There are not many setups that can beat such a team.
Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 50/8 Forcemaster - Wulin - Guild: 狼 ' 腾

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:57 PM

Almost the same reason I left Aion, magic class was severely OP, how do you give a magic class the ability to have instant dodge skills, 2 shields that makes the opponent do no dmg to you. And a shield where every melee hit received inflicts 1k dmg on the attacker. Homing skills that can inflict 5k+ dmg and I only have 12k HP (after stacking HP manastones). Etc etc, the fact that the homing was the biggest problem, with no real way to dodge them was annoying. In Blade & Soul (my class Assassin) has an AoE smoke which negates magic, can dodge magic, and have multiple ways of getting close to an opponent. Not stuck there having to normal walk, and tank damage cause you are helpless =X.

@ Janshi, I loved Aion PVP when it first came out xD;; I think it was before 1.7 or w/e.

http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Nameless 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 8:20 PM

These are some of the reasons i quit Aion,but my main reason is the ping dependancy,ive never played an mmo(like aion) which relied too much on ping,bein from australia,we have to work extra hard on pvp and i found that pvp gear really helped balance things out but ulitmately,u come up against sum1 whos just as good and i would lose everytime,simply becoz his skills would go off quicker,me having a ping of 230 against and american who has a ping of 60,theres no chance.Having played a little of BnS on a private server i can see that the combat is really slowed down and to me i see this as a good thing coz it allows for some reaction time for combos/chainskills.In saying this,im optimistic,i really hope this is the case.

If not,hopefully there can be an oceanic server....and i dont mean by f%$ name either as they did with aion(was just another server in the U.S),but an actual server in australia.

User is offline   jokerstar 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Fayde
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:BooM

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 8:43 PM

lbm's cannot lightning sword you in choke, thats actually a different skill that just zaps you. However if you are wearing PvE gear prepare to get about a 5-15k dmg quick draw on you right after the choke ends :P

Choke is insanely op still, I really hope that ncsoft changes it so they have to be either stunned/knockdown before lbm's can use it. The Z skill is a bit stupid, but the lbm doesnt have much of a dedicated blocking skill like other classes besides the spin, which uses up 2 chi. I think they should remove the movement speed buff from the spin though.

The Z skill isn't really that overpowered, I just see alot of people try to combo when somoene has their Z skill on and use up their chi/cd, which is stupid. When you see the lbm use a Z, try to SS away to avoid getting choked and use w/e block/counter/dodge you have when the lbm jumps at you with a skill, and save the dash attack if the lbm tries to spin to run away. They will run out of chi quite fast. Most lbm's will usually save their Z skill for when they're choking someone to avoid getting stunned by the stomp.

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Jan 03, 2013 - 8:52 PM

BnS KR lvl 50 LBM- 1800-1950 1v1 Arena Rating

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 3:43 AM

It seems like they did OP single race in game - LBM and FM...

Somehow I can not understand developers. Do not even need to see in practice because description from some skill make it clear, some skills like chocke are OP. What developers rly think during create broken balance like this?

View PostJanshi, on Jan 03, 2013 - 7:24 PM, said:

It is like i feared when they announced this class: They said it´s a easy to learn class. Yeah, it seems it´s class for all ppl that want an easymode class. Wann easy win in the upcoming 3vs3 arena? Haha, take 3 lbms and kick some asses.

As I noticed... that is standard. something what developers call "easy", it is also almost always top tier in PvP.

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 4:14 AM

destroyer spin cannot be stopped by stuns or smashes (synergy colors red, purple and yellow). if Lyn blade spin is like destroyer spin, the only way to stop the spin is tripping (green). ......... which means the lyn blade counter is another lyn blade for those trips.

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 4:25 AM

For some reason in like every game since ever, why is it that the newest released classes/characters, ect, are almost always too strong at first? :grr:
Posted Image

User is offline   Maeko 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Character:Jizzbak
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 4:35 AM

View PostmilaR0se, on Jan 03, 2013 - 6:10 PM, said:

Destroyer the same maybe not so much damage but they have more HP and can survive very long. Also their grab skills are so unfair.

Hey Mila :D. We, Destroyers, are such a great class in PvP, it's a fact. We got a lot of HP, maybe the best survive of the game and an interesting grab skill (:P), but! We can really protect ourself, we don't have the SS, so we always have to keep some rage point to use the TAB to evade. We can't backstab like all classes and the only protection we have is the shield. This shield regen a certain % of our hp in 4 secondes. Between those 4 sec we can't take any damages. This time passed we need to wait 30 or 45 sec to use it again (CD totally depend of our Skill Tree attribution). If I remember correctly, our jump has a 15 sec CD, it means we are very slow, especially for counter attack.

Our DPS isn't huge on a single target, unless we can cancel anim. What is huge with Destroyers? Our CC's! This part is pretty awesome in PvP.

We have a lot of advantage but a tonne of lacks too. But i love my class :P.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 4:56 AM

View PostDayBreeze, on Jan 04, 2013 - 4:14 AM, said:

destroyer spin cannot be stopped by stuns or smashes (synergy colors red, purple and yellow). if Lyn blade spin is like destroyer spin, the only way to stop the spin is tripping (green). ......... which means the lyn blade counter is another lyn blade for those trips.

Heh... I can understand it for destro - exclusive class for the biggest race (hitboxes, model size etc.) in game. Something like this just should have the most resistance... but lyn? This little something and resistance on almost everything? Something here is wrong, rly wrong.

User is offline   Maliken 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Maliken
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:No Girl Alliance

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 5:59 AM

I went to PVP with my guild the other day in the Misty forest lv 45 faction pvp area and I got 1 comboed by lyn blade master with that grab and lightning sword... one word too OP. However I found it pretty fun to pvp as a Destroyer because I could grab other ppl and let my guildies stomped on them, pure lol. Also the attack animation cancel technique is hardly usable in PVP because all you can do is spamming TAB key to protect yourself from stuns.

This post has been edited by Maliken: Jan 04, 2013 - 6:13 AM

User is offline   KimChiCuCai 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 9:24 AM

lol that combo help me alot when doing daily :D chi choke, dash back, summon sword, w8 chi choke run out of time, lightning blade :)) really dirty lol

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 11:06 AM

If someone to like win button...

User is offline   KimChiCuCai 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 11:38 AM

The chi choke combo really retard, but spinning and protect not, since lyn bm do not have any block skill beside spin and Z. X can use to dodge to, but use spinning to block attack need timing, and 2 chi for 0.5 sec block

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users