Blade & Soul Dojo: Why Blade and Soul online? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Blade and Soul online? What made you decide? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Poll: What made you decide? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

I choose B&So because....

1. I love the asian theme. (38 votes [18.36%])

Percentage of vote: 18.36%

2. of the extensive character customization (37 votes [17.87%])

Percentage of vote: 17.87%

3. of the dazzeling surroundings (35 votes [16.91%])

Percentage of vote: 16.91%

4. the combat style rocks! (40 votes [19.32%])

Percentage of vote: 19.32%

5. of the well told Lore (14 votes [6.76%])

Percentage of vote: 6.76%

6. I'm just a MMO junky (15 votes [7.25%])

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

7. JUST EVERYTHING! (28 votes [13.53%])

Percentage of vote: 13.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 4:52 PM

Here is a question to all of you, including the staff. :matrix:

There is always 1, or more factors why you fall in love with a game :love:
Like: "the mood is just right" or "that combat style looks awesome!"
And there are also ppl who are very intrested in the Lore (stories about, and ingame).

So here is my question: What made you deceide, to put youre sights on Blade and Soul Online? :dribble:

Fill in the poll, more options are available.
And share us youre opinion.

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 4:56 PM

Blade&Soul is unique to me because of the Asian Theme, Amazing character customization, the big open world with stunning environments, and the action combat. I also like that can fly and run on water, though I still prefer mounts.

This post has been edited by Sugu: Jan 03, 2013 - 4:59 PM

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:08 PM

I do like the asian theme. Extensive character customization is something what I do love (3 breast sliders FTW! :D) And I do like details of environment.

Unfortunately I can say nothing about fight system. Definitly better than old tab-target... but tha is also not "no-target" so I need to play more for check it.

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:16 PM

Well first, I love the fact that it's a Martial Arts MMORPG. I like the way it utilizes Qi Gong, in a respectable and progressive way. I like the character design as well. One thing that has me smiling, is the fact that it's more-so about skill than just gear. In games like Aion, you could catch an enemy (other faction) by suprise, burn your best attacks and outsmart them for the first 5 seconds. Then you'd see you only did 10-20% dmg to them, and while all of your skills are on CD, they can just 2 shot you and walk away, just because all of their "PVP Gear" is +10. Had nothing to do with their own skill. In B&S yes, gear plays a big roll (you're not gonna be beasting with low lvl weapons and bo-pae durrrrrr xD). But it relies more on the player's skill than their gear. You can't just go in and start mashing keys and win because your gear is better!

I have a few suggestions and Ideas for this game though, hopefully when they're all written down, I can send it to the developers. Blade & Soul is also the first MMORPG that I've been so supportive of. I want to see this game succeed with flying colors, I want to see it improve ten-fold with each major update. Yeah, this game might be a bit on the linear side now, but there is plenty of room for a new "wider" direction, once the first main story is complete.

One iffy thing I have about the game right now though, is that all of this content is currently for lvl 45. What will happen to all of this content when the level cap is raised? Will people skip over it, or will Team Bloodlust increase the mob's lvl to accommodate for the cap increase~ O.o

http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Alice 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas
  • Character:Undecided
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:Don't have one yet.

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:26 PM

I think the biggest reason I'm so interested in BnS is that the graphics are just so amazing. The scenery, the characters, everything just looks so pretty! :dribble: Of course, the fact that you can learn to run across walls and glide around is pretty amazing to me, too. I mean, who DOESN'T want to be able to fly? I've really never played an mmo with such an in-depth combat system like Tera or BnS, so I don't know how I feel about the combat, but it definitely looks more interesting than button mashing!
There was a hole here... it's gone now.

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:34 PM

Boobs.
There, someone had to say it.

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:36 PM

View Post回し蹴り ★, on Jan 03, 2013 - 5:34 PM, said:

Boobs.

got to love the boob market :big_smile:
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 5:36 PM

The whole Aesthetic is just astonishing, Hyung Tae Kim is really such an inspiring artist, his clothing designs are gorgeous and the whole world looks and feels beautiful. The combat is also amazing and Qing Gong is such a wonderful mechanic that adds a whole new dimension to the game. :joss_stick:

Also FM weapons are really pretty. :misdoubt:
Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 6:31 PM

It reminded me of Demon's Souls, a colorful Demon's Souls. The next thing that grabbed me was the quality of the game, the graphics, the environments, the game's art, the classes.

Most mmorpgs have nice art but the games look and play badly. I still yet to see an mmorpg that warrants paying any money for. B&S is the only one that changed my mind.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 6:32 PM

One of the biggest reason that really got me into this game is the high level of character customization. I mean, it's almost impossible to run into a person who looks exactly like you, considering that there are so many different hairstyles, doboks, and weapons. The character customization is so high in this game, that you can make a character look totally identical to some celebrities in real world O:
데헷데헷

User is offline   Abuse 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationBournemouth, UK
  • Guild:Hazard

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:15 PM

Boobs.

Thanks.
Posted Image

User is offline   Laner 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:AizenTaichou

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 7:18 PM

For me it's mainly both the aesthetics of the game, and the combat system. But mostly it's just because I'm an mmo junky, can't live without them, I've tried many different mmos. This one does stand out! Can't wait for english version ^_^
Posted Image

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 10:09 PM

The aesthetics and what we thought the gameplay was drew me and my friends in years ago, but once we found it it wasn't quite as innovative and unique as we thought a lot of us dropped off. I'm starting to drop off as well, especially if they go P2P. It's just not unique enough or engaging enough for me to justify a monthly payment. Yeah it's pretty, and some of the outfits look really nice, but the only race I really like is the Lyn. It'd be too much work to fix the anatomy on the other races, plus Lyn has all the classes I'm really interested in other than KFM. Being a KFM isn't enough of an incentive to tweak the anatomy to the extent that I'd have to.

Community would also be a pretty big key in if I stay or not, but that'll be something to be determined once it comes out.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kitsune 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 11:24 PM

It is the perfect MMO for me. The eastern mythological influences, the combat system, the enticing visuals, and the simple yet diverse races/classes. It's a ray of light & hope in the MMO market that I was gradually losing faith in.

This post has been edited by Kitsune: Jan 03, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Fleija 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 11:24 PM

I just love the whole game...why make it complicated?
The only thing that can ruin this game for me are stupid westernization changes that break games.

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 12:13 AM

I voted for everything, because everything on the voting poll was true~

User is offline   Kryscent 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Character:Kryscent
  • Guild:Descendants

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 1:52 AM

As simple as it is, there's no other MMORPG in the world that is alike Blade and Soul, ever. Blade and Soul is so unique and they accomplish things that other MMORPGS's creator couldn't complete or even think about it. There's more to why Blade and Soul is the game that I would stick to it for long and willing to pay for it, but of course, above a few is enough.
Posted Image
Please do PM me or post in my support thread here if you got any kinds of problem about China Blade and Soul / Translation

User is offline   Gender Infection 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 6:47 AM

View PostSugu, on Jan 03, 2013 - 4:56 PM, said:

Blade&Soul is unique to me because of the Asian Theme, Amazing character customization, the big open world with stunning environments, and the action combat. I also like that can fly and run on water,

Pretty well this. I've been stuck with playing Tera and Final Fantasy XI lately and I've been anticipating Blade & Soul a lot because I need a game to make me dump Tera.

I don't like En Masse and how they censored Tera and I'd rather not give them my money. Blade & Soul has seemed in many ways like a prettier, better Tera. Something about Tera just rubs me the wrong way to En Masse's marketing and censorship of the game. To getting burned out on the same dungeons, and always needing more money for enchanting. And just the overall aesthetic and lore of Tera doesn't appeal to me as much as Blade & Soul. There are pretty spots, but it is pretty easy to forget considering.

Blade & Soul is just the right medicine for me right now. Like a beach vacation from the MMORPGs I've been looking at or trying.

Also, furthermore, really. If we're going to make frank statements like the person who said "boobs", which as a person who doesn't like boobs it isn't he reason for me at all. My reason, is how refreshingly Asian it is. I'm sick of how the game industry today with full of people complaining about androgyny, complaining about Japanese games, complaining about young looking characters, complaining about Asian culture in video games. When I was a teeanger, jRPGs were king. Now you've got people going on the internet and telling people they'd punch someone in the face if they found out they play jRPGs and get mostly likes instead of dislikes.

All of the RPGs people seem to be praising today are Western looking Western RPGs with Western aesthetic sensibilities. Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Even a lot of RPGs out of Asia like Tera, Dark Souls, and Dragon's Dogma are starting to look very Western. As are games out of Asia in general becoming Westernized.

Blade & Soul is refreshingly and unabashedly Asian. And is an MMORPG of that flavor out of Korea that wasn't designed cheaply. But as a strong "AAA" contender. I want to play a game that is both very Asian and very high quality. I want more games that look and feel like Blade & Soul. Games that a clear amount of time and money were put into. But are still cute, anime, and Asian.

I think that I like Blade & Soul in part because it allows me to use my high end graphics card on a game that looks and feels this Asian.

This post has been edited by Gender Infection: Jan 05, 2013 - 6:57 AM

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 7:27 AM

Boobs.

I did, just less bluntly :P

View PostGender Infection, on Jan 05, 2013 - 6:47 AM, said:

Also, furthermore, really. If we're going to make frank statements like the person who said "boobs", which as a person who doesn't like boobs it isn't he reason for me at all. My reason, is how refreshingly Asian it is. I'm sick of how the game industry today with full of people complaining about androgyny, complaining about Japanese games, complaining about young looking characters, complaining about Asian culture in video games. When I was a teeanger, jRPGs were king. Now you've got people going on the internet and telling people they'd punch someone in the face if they found out they play jRPGs and get mostly likes instead of dislikes.

jRPG were popular, that is true. But if you see... this genre is in crisis from long time. It is hard to find rly good jRPG. Times where Xenosaga, Valkyria Profile, Star Ocean or FF dominated RPG marked are gone. Current jRPG are not even half good as old titles (IMO only Valkyria Chronicles keep high standards). Current Final Fantasy is crap compared to old games from this serie.

Also, I think you mess hate for single feature, element with hate for whole culture. I'm the one who hate "young looking characters" in games. But is it means I do not like jRPG, anime etc.? No, there is many examples what did not had loli-fest. Like FF7, Xenosaga, Valkyria Profile and Valkyria Chronicles. The same with ainme: Hellsing, Claymore, Berserker, Basilisk, Ikkitousen, Elfen Lied, One Piece etc. List is rly long. So if I, or anybody say "I hate this Elins or Lyn", "phedophile dream" etc. it does not means we do not like asian culture, just this single element.

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 8:04 AM

I think I'm also quite excited to find out about the plot and lore in Blade and Soul, as it's supposed to be much more heavily centred around story in comparison to other MMOs right?
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users