Blade & Soul Dojo: P2P or B2P? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P2P or B2P? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: P2P or B2P? (206 member(s) have cast votes)

P2P or B2P?

1. P2P (75 votes [36.41%])

Percentage of vote: 36.41%

2. B2P (131 votes [63.59%])

Percentage of vote: 63.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:20 PM

Let's just keep our finger scrossed, the next announcement they make about blade and Soul will be what payment model were gona deal with.

http://www.bladeands...soft-newsflash/

Join the topic and place youre bets :big_smile:

Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 5:35 PM

Wow I didn't even know they announced they were almost done with translation.

B2P ftw
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   TimmycoSune 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Mar 05, 2013 - 7:24 PM

Personally, I think it would be good as a B2P with item shop that doesn't make it P2W. Its shown that F2P games with Item shops make more money now, Then P2P. But put into account that people think, and how they thing. When someone is going to play a MMO, They will think "Hmm whats something i don't have to pay per month for thats still really good." So they go to F2P a lot. But when you put a price on a game that is better then most F2P but make it so that you don't have to Pay per month, they will think its the best of all deals. Its like buying a game for the xbox or ps3 or what ever. You spend around the same amount but you get a whole MMO that is better then pretty much every F2P. So they are going to pick it up and try it, since they can play off and on with out worrying about silly monthly fees were some people just don't want to risk paying for a month or 3 or a year then not playing most of the time. But with this its great game but you only have to pay once. Then you have the Item shop. Some people will go straight to it, just having fun and not really caring. Others will just not be interested in spending money on a game other then the first buy. But a lot of people over time, after getting into the game, will get to the point were they will start spending a little money in the Item shop, Thinking, "I'm not paying per month, why not spend a little when i have the money." Then they buy a little more, getting more into the game. So you basically are a P2P But have more people since you don't have the big ugly mess of a force fee every month.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Mar 05, 2013 - 7:35 PM

Guuuuuuud point but I'm also with the thing that saves me money
people are finally coming back to this thread..

This post has been edited by Mickey: Mar 05, 2013 - 7:36 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Sinfulhope 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 06, 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostTimmycoSune, on Mar 05, 2013 - 7:24 PM, said:

Personally, I think it would be good as a B2P with item shop that doesn't make it P2W. Its shown that F2P games with Item shops make more money now, Then P2P. But put into account that people think, and how they thing. When someone is going to play a MMO, They will think "Hmm whats something i don't have to pay per month for thats still really good." So they go to F2P a lot. But when you put a price on a game that is better then most F2P but make it so that you don't have to Pay per month, they will think its the best of all deals. Its like buying a game for the xbox or ps3 or what ever. You spend around the same amount but you get a whole MMO that is better then pretty much every F2P. So they are going to pick it up and try it, since they can play off and on with out worrying about silly monthly fees were some people just don't want to risk paying for a month or 3 or a year then not playing most of the time. But with this its great game but you only have to pay once. Then you have the Item shop. Some people will go straight to it, just having fun and not really caring. Others will just not be interested in spending money on a game other then the first buy. But a lot of people over time, after getting into the game, will get to the point were they will start spending a little money in the Item shop, Thinking, "I'm not paying per month, why not spend a little when i have the money." Then they buy a little more, getting more into the game. So you basically are a P2P But have more people since you don't have the big ugly mess of a force fee every month.

thing is b2p is still a barrier to entry, especially at 60 bucks, no one try's a game for 60 bucks.and this maybe be blasphemous but while i think BnS is great and can't wait to play it. it's still an mmo at its core, end game still consists of Gear progression.

imo F2p would be the better option, P2P is just setting themselves up for bad press like tera. because if we are real for a second, if it launches here as p2p it will have all the negative talk we have come to expect out of a p2p mmo in the west, where people have nothing to do with endgame thus causing some people to quit prematurely which then snowballs the people who held off to not even consider it.

while b2p works if it has alot of hype/word of mouth(gw2) and or is extremely dirt cheap(TSW) but b2p but still suffers from the same issues as p2p about content and word of mouth and holding off potential players.

while f2p with its flaws will yield the most players, good and the bad. but the game has no barrier to entry so anyone can just dl the game and start playing, playing with friends will be easy because you wont have to convince them to go buy anything (which is a plus for me personally, countless times have i convinced friends of mine to play mmo's with me only to have them not like the game and waste 60 bucks+ sub)

in the end though ill play it no matter what.

User is offline   LexiDrase 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 06, 2013 - 2:45 AM

I hope its b2p or f2p bc i cant afford p2p :( an i really wanna play this game....i just hope they hurry up an tell us when it will be out an if its p2p/b2p/f2p so we all can calm down an wait that fated day :joss_stick:
KathyGurl

User is offline   bungled 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Mar 06, 2013 - 3:40 AM

I've always preferred a subscription fee.

User is offline   Fury 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:02 AM

Considering that the vast majority of AAA MMOs released in the west that went with the subscription model failed within a couple months (besides WoW, Rift and partially EVE), I'd really prefer if B&S avoided the same fate and chose B2P. I want it to be successful!

Maybe even a B2P + DLC model could work out great too, something like Defiance seems to be doing. Full price for the box and then paid (10-15 USD) content updates every couple months, with smaller free updates in between.

User is offline   Arec 

• 멋대로인
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Character:Arec

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:45 AM

You know that b2p + f2p always have crappy server quality. Thats why i want it to be p2p
Live Streamer at ArecArws LIVE STREAM!
Watch BnS Videos at MYYOUTUBE CHANNEL!

User is offline   Yoshiro Numata 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 6:16 AM

View PostArec, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:45 AM, said:

You know that b2p + f2p always have crappy server quality. Thats why i want it to be p2p

u know that u make no sense right

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostArec, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:45 AM, said:

this is beyond the most illogical point towards f2p. even the most bottom of the barrel f2p games run stable, wow has been p2p for years now and it had many downtime in its life, know why? because downtime happens, money wont prevent downtime its irrational to think otherwise. Gw2 had a rough start but its up all the time with a few hiccups during big patches, and thats not to also mention GW1,aion,DCUO,etc,etc

also to this date gw1/gw2 have been the only games to be released as b2p+f2p, and both games have had great server stability so i fail to see what games you've been playing, you should enlighten me.

View PostFury, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:02 AM, said:

Considering that the vast majority of AAA MMOs released in the west that went with the subscription model failed within a couple months (besides WoW, Rift and partially EVE), I'd really prefer if B&S avoided the same fate and chose B2P. I want it to be successful!

Maybe even a B2P + DLC model could work out great too, something like Defiance seems to be doing. Full price for the box and then paid (10-15 USD) content updates every couple months, with smaller free updates in between.
i could see b2p being great, but its a very hard thing to pull off, and its something only GW has been able to pull off. GW1 had a huge hype train when it was first released, as being the "WoW" killer it had alot of hype,press, and overall word of mouth and this was prior to the internet being so huge. GW2 followed suit as being ridiculously hyped.

i think defiance will show how viable b2p is for BnS, because right now defiance has way more hype,press and word of mouth then BnS currently. personally(i maybe cynical as heck) i think defiance wont do so hot, thats just me. and BnS has to do some serious marketing to make B2p viable.

This post has been edited by Sinfulhope: Mar 07, 2013 - 11:36 AM

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 1:11 PM

Does anyone know what the payment system is for China?
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:28 PM

View PostLady Estellise, on Mar 07, 2013 - 1:11 PM, said:

Does anyone know what the payment system is for China?
yeah, china is f2p with cash shop, and its doing just fine.

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:30 PM

View PostSinfulhope, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:28 PM, said:

So it wasn't at all B2P? Meaning they sold no manual copies? O:

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:43 PM

View PostLady Estellise, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:30 PM, said:

So it wasn't at all B2P? Meaning they sold no manual copies? O:
as far as their official website,articles, and wiki say its completely f2p

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:45 PM

At this point, Id just be happy to see it come out to NA :p

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 5:58 PM

View PostBrandX, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:45 PM, said:

im hoping we (NA) dont have to wait till Japan gets their version =( otherwise we would be lucky if we even get it before the end of this year

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Mar 07, 2013 - 8:23 PM

View PostSinfulhope, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:43 PM, said:

as far as their official website,articles, and wiki say its completely f2p

Very interesting

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   Nindel 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Character:Nindel
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Mar 09, 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostSinfulhope, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:28 PM, said:

Oh wow, that's very nice to know.

Hopefully this'll give a heads up to the people in the west that it isn't such a bad idea, haha

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Mar 10, 2013 - 8:01 AM

View PostBrandX, on Mar 07, 2013 - 5:45 PM, said:

I know right...looks like we will be the last to receive it.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users