Blade & Soul Dojo: P2P or B2P? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P2P or B2P? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: P2P or B2P? (209 member(s) have cast votes)

P2P or B2P?

1. P2P (77 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. B2P (132 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 7:34 AM

also, attracts more people if it's pay once or not at all.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Games like League of Legends, POE, Torchlight, what have you are NOT triple A title mmos. They don't cost millions of $ to develop, and as such do not require big name studios and publishers. This is why they can afford to be free to play without pay to win.... Given the sheer cost of a game like Blade and Soul NCsoft could not sustain itself on a F2P model like LoL. I do not believe bringing in these F2P action non-mmo games is beneficial to the debate and topic.

This post has been edited by KTcraft: Jan 28, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Daigo 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Jin

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 11:57 AM

P2P -

Reason being is I don't mind a subscription. I also don't have to deal with P2W crap like most MMO's are.

If it goes B2P then sure~ why not, but then they're just going to suck money out of us monthly anyways with cashshop items so its a catch 22.
h a l f m a n , h a l f a m a z i n g

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 12:00 PM

If they were to go B2P I hope they'd FLOOD the cash shop with outfits, I'd certainly be up for that ^_^
Posted Image

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 2:21 PM

View PostKTcraft, on Jan 28, 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Games like League of Legends, POE, Torchlight, what have you are NOT triple A title mmos. They don't cost millions of $ to develop, and as such do not require big name studios and publishers. This is why they can afford to be free to play without pay to win.... Given the sheer cost of a game like Blade and Soul NCsoft could not sustain itself on a F2P model like LoL. I do not believe bringing in these F2P action non-mmo games is beneficial to the debate and topic.

It isn't just P2P games that cost millions to make. It's not cheap to make an MMO. I don't know about POE, but sure maybe League didn't cost millions or whatever but it still makes tons of money. F2P isn't a poor business model.

Who said Torchlight was an MMO though? It's not even F2P, it's a B2P Single Player/Co-Op.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Mickey
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 2:54 PM

View PostDaigo, on Jan 28, 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

P2P -

Reason being is I don't mind a subscription. I also don't have to deal with P2W crap like most MMO's are.

If it goes B2P then sure~ why not, but then they're just going to suck money out of us monthly anyways with cashshop items so its a catch 22.

There is already a Korean cash shop even if you have p2p there will still be a cash shop
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:02 PM

View PostStacked Ares, on Jan 28, 2013 - 2:54 PM, said:

There is already a Korean cash shop even if you have p2p there will still be a cash shop

Yep. I think just about every P2P game has a cash shop nowadays, so there's no escaping them my friend.
Posted Image

User is offline   Pucky-Chan :3 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Pucky

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:21 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 28, 2013 - 3:02 PM, said:

Yep. I think just about every P2P game has a cash shop nowadays, so there's no escaping them my friend.

It's the first forum i see wth such a smart community and i like it.
I see the best choice being B2P with some advantages for cash users(small ones) then turning into F2P. No not because i am cheap. I must say that my country has a fail economy, but i see F2P having more players, with the item shop making profit.

This post has been edited by Pucky-Chan :3: Jan 28, 2013 - 3:23 PM

User is offline   StevenIsBallin 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Rimiku
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:33 PM

I rather like Tera's new payment model. You can play the game for free with minor inconveniences like smaller bank space, less character slots etc, buy the game and have more bank space and some other small benefits or you can buy the game AND pay a sub fee and get even better benefits. As long as the benefits arent p2w then I think its a great business model. As far as I can tell tera has is set up pretty well and none of the benefits look p2w to me, just small things like more character slots and inventory space and such. Here is their new payment model for those who havent seen it. Actually the only thing I would change about their model is the subscribers getting extra gold and rep boosts. Everything else looks fine to me.

User is offline   Phangs 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Phang
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:52 PM

I'm ok with anything as long as:
NO FREE 2 PLAY (all kinds of annoying ppl everywhere)
NO CASH SHOP

yeah =D
Posted Image

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 4:11 PM

It really all boils down to how things are handled under a F2P or B2P environment.
Little things will add up and matter. For instance, we would need a Brazil IP block for sure. If you've played F2P or B2P MMO in the past, you know what I mean here.
Next, the item shop should mirror something like GW2's or similar (Please avoid the model TERA plans to use for item shop).

Quite frankly, the models are all profitable, but regardless of which model they choose, they have to be very cautious on how they pull it.
P2P for example, the expectations here are much, much higher. So content has to be patched in more frequently, customer support has to be triple A and so on and so forth. In return: Steady income.
The other models require balance, to keep users who would otherwise prefer P2P and who would instead invest their monthly fees, in the item shop. More often than not, these same users throw more money at the item shop than they normally would under a P2P model.

User is offline   BLöDSKääL 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:BLoDSKaaL
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 4:49 PM

this again? arent there ... like 10 other threads about this already?
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no law and order,
never is there equality to be found,
for love, we kill,
for murder, we die,
for death, we moan,
so why for sorrow, we love?

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 6:37 PM

View PostBLöDSKääL, on Jan 28, 2013 - 4:49 PM, said:

this again? arent there ... like 10 other threads about this already?

Yes there are but if u check the OP date it is the original/one of the first threads on the situation and also the main one utilized.

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 9:30 PM

View PostPhangs, on Jan 28, 2013 - 3:52 PM, said:

I'm ok with anything as long as:
NO FREE 2 PLAY (all kinds of annoying ppl everywhere)
NO CASH SHOP

yeah =D

Well, you're not getting the second one, as has been said already. There's a cash shop in KR, and there's no way they're dropping it.

View PostTashigi, on Jan 28, 2013 - 4:11 PM, said:

It really all boils down to how things are handled under a F2P or B2P environment.
Little things will add up and matter. For instance, we would need a Brazil IP block for sure. If you've played F2P or B2P MMO in the past, you know what I mean here.
Next, the item shop should mirror something like GW2's or similar (Please avoid the model TERA plans to use for item shop).

Quite frankly, the models are all profitable, but regardless of which model they choose, they have to be very cautious on how they pull it.
P2P for example, the expectations here are much, much higher. So content has to be patched in more frequently, customer support has to be triple A and so on and so forth. In return: Steady income.
The other models require balance, to keep users who would otherwise prefer P2P and who would instead invest their monthly fees, in the item shop. More often than not, these same users throw more money at the item shop than they normally would under a P2P model.

Yes, exactly, thank you.
Posted Image

User is offline   ShadowMike 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 12:39 AM

I find it sad how such a topic is still being debated and its still the same responses as before. "p2p or b2p but no f2p because it sucks"! Before anyone posts again please remember that each pay model is equally valid and all it comes down to is preference. Lets say with any payment plan you the consumer for such a game would spend the same amount of money within a year as you would with any of the 3 payment plans(though this topic is specific to 2 the third should still be discussed). Now lets think are any of the payment plans that different? The difference mostly is how you pay or when you pay not always how much you pay because like some before me said p2p also has cash shop now. Again if managed right each one of them could work very well however which one would work best is based on the audience that would pay more overtime. Each one has its benefits, p2p guarantees steady income for the company which usually means they work harder to keep and get more players. b2p is more accessible to people who have to save up to get these kind of games especially when they first come out, similar to both f2p and p2p which is why it seems more popular and even if I like f2p more I admit b2p might be better for this game specifically. f2p are for the people who can only pay once in a while but don't feel like dropping money into the game every month especially when they got work or school related stuff to do and they will be wasting there monet for that month which is another reason why b2p works. So sum it up anyone saying that f2p sucks are probably using bad examples because there are a lot of games that don't have half the problems that people say f2p has and b2p is somewhere in between p2p and f2p which is what makes it more accessible so why make p2p an option over f2p. This thread should be b2p or f2p!

User is offline   Nattsu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 9:01 AM

I will repeat myself, B2P is a good idea but as i think about it i would do this if i released the game B2P:

Release the gamen (buy!)

play for free....

then oh shit we need to make a steady income to keep it running... lets have main focus on developing stuff for cash shops so ppl pay money! future patches and more content can wait til next big expansion (which u have to buy aswell!

Thats why i think i prefer P2P because then they have the steady "income" each month. and can focus on maintaining issues and develop game first then whip out some cash items things in between.

Cause who are we kidding if its f2p or b2p there are nothing but cash shops/micro transactions that brings money each month
So they would be stupid not to focus on developing more on this as it is the only income besides selling the game one time (if b2p)

Does this sound insane or would you have the same focus if you had a buissnes to run and the goal was to make money (yes they want to provide a awesome game bla,bla,bla )

-Nattsu Out :spiderman:

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 12:23 PM

^ GW2 hasn't had this problem and they've been mainly focused on content. This is not an issue as long as the company behind the game knows what they're doing.

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 1:21 PM

To be honest I'm not entirely sure why there is so much debate about this at all :confuse:

The game is guaranteed to be P2P. It's also guaranteed to have a cash shop. There's absolutely zero reasons why the game payment method would change from the East to the West. In fact it would be completely unfair to their entire Eastern player base if the west had a cheaper payment model for the same game.
Posted Image

User is offline   BLöDSKääL 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:BLoDSKaaL
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 1:53 PM

And that is the right Question...statement....thing
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no law and order,
never is there equality to be found,
for love, we kill,
for murder, we die,
for death, we moan,
so why for sorrow, we love?

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 29, 2013 - 1:58 PM

I believe the chances of P2P + Item shop are the highest as well, but it's something that needs to be taken into consideration. The market for games in general, is changing. Specially in the MMO field.
As for it not being fair, take this for instance: Japan pays $30/Month on some subscription based games (See: Aion/TERA/FFXI(Previously) and some others), while we and the rest of the world pays $9-16 USD.
Different models for different markets.

Share this topic:

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users