Blade & Soul Dojo: P2P or B2P? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P2P or B2P? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: P2P or B2P? (208 member(s) have cast votes)

P2P or B2P?

1. P2P (76 votes [36.54%])

Percentage of vote: 36.54%

2. B2P (132 votes [63.46%])

Percentage of vote: 63.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Mickey
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 5:16 PM

If all Blade and Soul guys are going is translating the game why do they barely release info whether it be about payment or just about the game in general.
Posted Image
E-Vel Mickey<-- I'M SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE

User is offline   Vue 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationAbyss of Remembrance
  • Character:Vue
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 19, 2013 - 9:05 PM

B2P. For previously stated reasons. I wouldn't mind P2P, but as a preferable format, I anticipate or hope its B2P. If all else fails, I'll just do whats needed to get this game.

But I voted B2P

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 21, 2013 - 5:51 PM

View PostShaka Zulu, on Jul 14, 2012 - 5:08 PM, said:

I will just say what everyone thinking. The only peope against P2P are cheap scapes and broke ppeople. Just get a part time job. Its that easy, and affordable.

Most definitely is not the case for people like me. If you think only cheap people and broke people are against p2p than you obviously know nothing on the matter.
Posted Image

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 21, 2013 - 5:59 PM

Sandbox games actually have the least "grind" of any game I can think of, because the content is definined by the users.
Take Minecraft for instance. You can spend two days "grinding" for one ore in particularly if you choose to.

Or you can go cut down a tree, build a house, herd some animals, build a farm, build a botanica, mine something for mats, etc.
If you think that counts as grinding... well...
Might as well define everything as a grind.

For me, grinding is leveling while having to do the same repetitive things. Typically involving killing the same mobs over and over again.
RO had some serious grind issues for example.

Quite frankly I find the terms "Sandbox" and "Theme park" to be silly.
But I also realize it's hard to describe MMO, specially as of recent, with all the new developments in the genre. There is so many genres within the genre now a days, that it's almost impossible to give it a label.

This post has been edited by Tashigi: Jan 21, 2013 - 6:48 PM

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 21, 2013 - 6:06 PM

Agree.
Posted Image

User is offline   hpnotiQ 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:hpnotiQ
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 4:04 PM

Those who don't wish for B2P are insane... I would not be angry if it was P2P since i can afford it. but i mean i rather just buy the game and no monthly fees. But one thing they absolutley can't do is make it F2P then it's going to be PAY TO WIN shop etc and the game is broken.... I mean even if its B2P but they insert a shop which makes it PAY TO WIN the game is done for. other wise B2P and no PAY to win shop = Many people to the game.
Posted Image

Play pro or die trying

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 4:41 PM

View PosthpnotiQ, on Jan 27, 2013 - 4:04 PM, said:

Those who don't wish for B2P are insane... I would not be angry if it was P2P since i can afford it. but i mean i rather just buy the game and no monthly fees. But one thing they absolutley can't do is make it F2P then it's going to be PAY TO WIN shop etc and the game is broken.... I mean even if its B2P but they insert a shop which makes it PAY TO WIN the game is done for. other wise B2P and no PAY to win shop = Many people to the game.

They already have a good cash shop, so even if it went F2P as long as they followed the shop they already have it wouldn't be a bad game. F2P =/= Instantly Bad.

But the same cash shop would work fine with B2P and it'd drive away less of the existing fanbase, since many people here are incredibly biased against F2P :Va''
Posted Image

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 4:45 PM

View PosthpnotiQ, on Jan 27, 2013 - 4:04 PM, said:

Wait based upon what u said u hate Pay to win, so if its F2P and not pay to win doesnt that make it better? Your argument is so biased and skewered, I cant even make a proper counter point against you.

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 5:05 PM

Think he meant f2p=p2w and in most cases it does.
Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 5:08 PM

View PostStacked Ares, on Jan 27, 2013 - 5:05 PM, said:

Think he meant f2p=p2w and in most cases it does.

That's a case of bad developers, not the payment system. If TBL was a bad developer, I don't think we'd all be here.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 5:23 PM

It's been established that the BnS's cash shop will have some amazing items, (as opposed to a 10 day mount or maybe some revival stones).
And it probably will never be F2P. It's far too successful to have to drop down to F2P.

Whether it's B2P or P2P, I couldn't care less. I usually prefer P2P, but I am just fine with B2P.

I am curious of how they sell manual copies if is P2P. Perhaps just the manual disk and then the price of you buying the game includes so many months (in relation to the cost of the manual purchase) free of membership?

I know some collectors editions will obviously be manual.

I guess we wait and see!

Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   Mickey 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 5:26 PM

B2p.
Posted Image

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 5:28 PM

View PostLady Estellise, on Jan 27, 2013 - 5:23 PM, said:

And it probably will never be F2P. It's far too successful to have to drop down to F2P.

Honestly I highly doubt that. Unless it goes B2P it'll eventually have to go F2P, along with all the other P2P Korean games. It's not that popular, and the popularity is dipping thanks to lack of communication. The only P2P game that hasn't had to go F2P is WoW, and that's because Blizzard's a company with lots of money and it's always had major hype. BnS just isn't the kind of game that would be that big a hit in the west.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 6:16 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 27, 2013 - 5:28 PM, said:

Honestly I highly doubt that. Unless it goes B2P it'll eventually have to go F2P, along with all the other P2P Korean games. It's not that popular, and the popularity is dipping thanks to lack of communication. The only P2P game that hasn't had to go F2P is WoW, and that's because Blizzard's a company with lots of money and it's always had major hype. BnS just isn't the kind of game that would be that big a hit in the west.

Well if it is B2P, it cannot technically be F2P. Even if you have to pay just once, you still had to pay. If it was truly F2P then right off the bat of the release we would have to pay nothing for it

Edit: I misread about half of that, but I agree with you on the P2P games. (Dislexia FTW)

This post has been edited by Lady Estellise: Jan 27, 2013 - 6:21 PM

Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 6:19 PM

View PostLady Estellise, on Jan 27, 2013 - 6:16 PM, said:

Well if it is B2P, it cannot technically be F2P. Even if you have to pay just once, you still had to pay. If it was truly F2P then right off the bat of the release we would have to pay nothing for it

When did I say anything about B2P to F2P? I was talking about the typical move from P2P to F2P.
Posted Image

User is offline   oneinchpunch 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 11:12 PM

B2P for me though I wouldn't mind P2P. F2P is only good in theory and if all players had equal paying power. Even if a F2P game isn't P2W initially it will eventually lead to it. B2P IMHO is the best payment scheme since its a win-win situation for both the players and the developer. It's a shame though most developers won't embrace it and Guild Wars 1 & 2 are the only MMOs that use this method.

This post has been edited by oneinchpunch: Jan 27, 2013 - 11:12 PM

User is offline   gunner429 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Guild:Affliction

Posted Jan 27, 2013 - 11:31 PM

It won't be B2P though, it is already P2P in Korea. They aren't going to switch the method of payment for the western release.
Posted Image

Signature/Guild Banner courtesy of blue sky 900

User is offline   Mythicalbrit 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:09 AM

View Postoneinchpunch, on Jan 27, 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

B2P for me though I wouldn't mind P2P. F2P is only good in theory and if all players had equal paying power. Even if a F2P game isn't P2W initially it will eventually lead to it. B2P IMHO is the best payment scheme since its a win-win situation for both the players and the developer. It's a shame though most developers won't embrace it and Guild Wars 1 & 2 are the only MMOs that use this method.

just because a game is F2P doesnt mean it will lead to P2W take a look at League, POE, neither is P2P or B2P yet both have 0 Payment options that lead to advantage within the gameplay.

View Postgunner429, on Jan 27, 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

It won't be B2P though, it is already P2P in Korea. They aren't going to switch the method of payment for the western release.

There has been no official word and they said they would CONSIDER (Keyword that has been said multiple times now) the payment method used for western release.

User is offline   Pucky-Chan :3 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Pucky

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 3:49 AM

View PostMythicalbrit, on Jan 28, 2013 - 3:09 AM, said:

just because a game is F2P doesnt mean it will lead to P2W take a look at League, POE, neither is P2P or B2P yet both have 0 Payment options that lead to advantage within the gameplay.

There has been no official word and they said they would CONSIDER (Keyword that has been said multiple times now) the payment method used for western release.

Take a look at lol too.
It has a huge player base, it's free to play , has many new champs, upgrades.
The game isn't P2W , you can just buy the champs with real money (you can with ign money too) , skins (just with real money) rune pages which can be purchased with in game money too.

User is offline   ShadowMike 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 28, 2013 - 4:20 AM

Lets not go down this road again. Each payment plan is equally valid if the company knows how to manage them right. What matters is the audience the company wishes to attract and despite the people who say no to f2p, League of Legends is a fine example that should make the majority say yes, cause like others said its f2p but not remotely p2w. b2p with cash shop is good seeing as the game already has cash shop as p2p, b2p or f2p seems better for people like me who don't have disposable income all the time which is why f2p and b2p in my opinion are better options. It only becomes p2w if the company allows it. By the way wouldn't p2p and b2p be considered p2w seeing as you have to pay to play the game and eventually win it.

Share this topic:

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users