Blade & Soul Dojo: P2P or B2P? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P2P or B2P?

Poll: P2P or B2P? (252 member(s) have cast votes)

P2P or B2P?

1. P2P (90 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. B2P (162 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Race:Yun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Dec 28, 2012 - 9:07 PM

You ppl are also overlooking a certain factor from all the games you mentioned as comparison to Blade and Soul: Target group :bowling:

Games like World of Warcraft, League of Legends are aimed for a younger audience :oops: , then Blade and Soul.
For games like those, the parents :smooth: often agree to spend some money for the "item('s)" the kid want, for they see no harm in them.

GW2 Target group should be around the teenagers, so they change the subscription, based on that group can spend money. :silly:
And GW2 though of a way to counter the gold spammers, via microtransactions (MT's).
In GW2 you can buy gems to exchange for wacky items, or directly exchange to ingame gold.
But it's no hefty fee, the amount of gold you get per gem is based on how much ppl buy or sell the gems.

Every game has his own way for making big bucks.
I played many MMORPG's, in all formats.

As example earlyer in the topic, for a free to play model.
They rely on MT's, a MMORPG I played (and still now and then) Aeriagames "Eden Eternal"
They house every week "tier spender" events, where you need to spend a certain amount of AP (aeriapoints) in order to earn a certain item.
Generaly there cosmetic and have a minor + in stats. These are realy popular.
And even thou it's a F2P model, they have made sevral expansion to the game with new classes, dungeon and maps.
Without demanding axtra money for it.

So if a game relies on Monthly fee's, microtransactions, or both. The producers still need to create new content, to keep the "spark of interest" on the audience of the game.
If they don't, or do it in a slow pace, the game just dies.

In short:
Depending on the content of the game and Target group, they choose the subscription.

For an adult audience like Blade and Soul online, they likley choose a P2P model. :confident:
And with the wel developed graphical content they might also ad a MT's shop. Who doesn't like a awesome outfit to show off in this awesome game. :dribble:

Little less would be the B2P.
Because, you only pay just once. In order to make money from the game, they need to rely on the MT's.
That MT shop needs to be wel equiped with the correct items ppl want while playing the game.
But without hurting the balance of the game, because there are plenty of ppl who never buy from those. :pudency:

En on the bottom will be the F2P model. :brick:
They will mis a big amount of money on this model, and they will probably struggle with the MT shop as mentioned on the B2P model.

And I forget to add my opinion: P2P
For what price, I don't care. I shall and will play this game. :love:
I prefer payment options like Paypal of iDeal, here in Holland we don't always own a creditcard.
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Zef 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 7:24 AM

Well i'm not sitting on heaps of cash, and 130$ per 6 months is a bit MUCH if you ask me. Sure it doesn't look like that much over span of time but that thing adds up. On top of that cash shop in P2P game? Never. Unnacceptable.

Yesturday i talked with a buddy in maplestory about B&S, Guild Wars 2 and Maplestory cost wise. Simple conclusion was that only Guild Wars 2 offers a good old fashioned fair deal. From costliest to cheapest it was:

1. Maplestory - the cost to make one char "good" are quite scary. Getting proper hairstyle, eye color, a pet that loots for you (belive me in maplestory you need one) + miracle cubes that upgrade your gear to have +% stats can easily get to 100 euros and well beyond if you're bend on good damage. And many chars can't share their clothing nor pets, with higher level gear needing additional nx to transfer off your old character to new one, given they can use it.

You can buy cash shop items for ingame currency from other players, but regardless, someone has to pay real money before it lands on your plate.

2. Blade & Soul Korea - well the 130$ per half a year posted on front page tells the story. For less funded of us irl it's quite an amount, considering some epic games are available as one time purchase. Not to mention the fact that their servers don't suffer from crowds of free players, so they don't need to find extra funding to keep servers up - each playing customer is also paying one, asides free trials, but those only net them more people. In light of all that all the more Cash Shop is nothing more but unjustified jump at our money from my point of view. And a buzzkill, given you can get clothes that you should fight your way to ingame.

3. Guild Wars. One time 54 euros (i accuallly bought a game key from online key shop around 30 euros, all legit, works perfectly fine), and that's it.
Mirco transactions are present, but so far from my experience it's not a pay2win gimmick nor "look like shit till you buy elite hairstyle/clothing etc" with microtransactions.
New content keeps coming, maybe not insanely fast but steadily, and what is most important to me, game is kept clean. If Cash Shop allows this flow of develepment (good service + free expansions), then it is justified and i got no reason to whine as long as it it stays that way.

As much as Blade & Soul is an awesome game, the way they're trying to milk this cash cow (Cash Shop, internet cafe deals) on top of P2P model just makes me sick.

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 30, 2012 - 3:53 AM

View PostZef, on Dec 29, 2012 - 7:24 AM, said:

Well i'm not sitting on heaps of cash, and 130$ per 6 months is a bit MUCH if you ask me. Sure it doesn't look like that much over span of time but that thing adds up. On top of that cash shop in P2P game? Never. Unnacceptable.

As much as Blade & Soul is an awesome game, the way they're trying to milk this cash cow (Cash Shop, internet cafe deals) on top of P2P model just makes me sick.

The 130$ deal isn't just for game time, but also for some in game items, outfits, ect. that you are paying for as well. The most expensive P2P mmo's never charge more than 180$ a year in the West at maximum. Most offer deals to make it less the more you buy, or are just flat out cheaper than 15$ a month.

If B&S ends up going P2P like it probably will, I can imagine it will follow the 15$ or less rule like everything else, so B&S will cost you 180$ or less to play a year.

As for the cash shop on top of that, you don't have to buy anything from it if you don't want to. It's simply there as an option for those willing to spend the cash on vanity items.

This post has been edited by Awake.: Dec 30, 2012 - 3:57 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Zef 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Dec 30, 2012 - 5:35 AM

Any paying for ingame items in P2P games is an unacceptable rip off.
I will accept P2P only if money starts and ends with subs, and all else is player's own work and skill, and not $ tossed at provider.
Else make it a different business model or go home for me.

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 30, 2012 - 8:53 PM

View PostZef, on Dec 30, 2012 - 5:35 AM, said:

Any paying for ingame items in P2P games is an unacceptable rip off.
I will accept P2P only if money starts and ends with subs, and all else is player's own work and skill, and not $ tossed at provider.
Else make it a different business model or go home for me.

Looks like you're alienating yourself from every P2P game on market now and in the near future. Of course that's your choice.

Practically every P2P game in recent years has had a cash shop for vanity items and character/race remodeling/server transfers, ect.

This post has been edited by Awake.: Dec 30, 2012 - 8:56 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:48 AM

View PostKin-Pantsu88, on Dec 28, 2012 - 9:07 PM, said:

Little less would be the B2P.
Because, you only pay just once. In order to make money from the game, they need to rely on the MT's.
That MT shop needs to be wel equiped with the correct items ppl want while playing the game.
But without hurting the balance of the game, because there are plenty of ppl who never buy from those. :pudency:

It still you're own choice to buy or not.
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Harunee 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Harunee
  • Race:Jin

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 8:40 AM

I'd definitly want it as P2P game, eventually B2P. F2P ruins all the fun and its more like pay2win (not every mmo game but most of them) however we would have to pay for our sexy costumes ingame in f2p model, you don't want that do you?:P
Posted Image

User is offline   Zef 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yeah i never did P2P game and won't unless it is CS free. That's because of my firm belief that give them a finger and they'll bite off your hand. I want great games for fair money, not great games of insane money which will then proceed to good (not great) games for insane money and so on. It's a tug-of-war between cost and quality, and i don't intend to let go of my rope to watch gaming future turn into car-cost hobby;)

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 3:29 PM

View PostHarunee, on Dec 31, 2012 - 8:40 AM, said:

I'd definitly want it as P2P game, eventually B2P. F2P ruins all the fun and its more like pay2win (not every mmo game but most of them) however we would have to pay for our sexy costumes ingame in f2p model, you don't want that do you?:P

There's a cash shop with outfits either way, P2P won't get rid of it. So yeah you're still going to have to pay for your sexy outfits.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zero_ 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 3:43 PM

F2P gets out of disscusion... What do you think will happen? What do you think it would be a fair price?
Posted Image

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 3:45 PM

It'll be both.
TEEHEE.

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired Dojo Staff
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Class:Assassin
  • Clan:N/A - Blue Faction

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 3:56 PM

Free 2 play any of the choices =D.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade & Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Eifa Carey

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 3:59 PM

God how many of these threads are we gonna have... I blame it on the waiting :shakehead:

EDIT: Oh sorry I didn't realise when this thread was made :bowling:

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Jan 09, 2013 - 4:31 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Veritas 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Veritas
  • Clan:Wanderer

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 4:14 PM

But the payment topic is pinned to the top :smooth:
Posted Image

User is offline   Yami Akuma 

• Part Of The Lyn Master Race
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Blade Dancer

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 4:28 PM

Aslong it does not go F2P right off the get go i'm happy.
It going F2P maybe 3-5 years after release = ok.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kitsune 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Kitsune

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 4:42 PM

Yet another payment method controversy thread.
Posted Image

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Jan 03, 2013 - 4:51 PM

è.è

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted Jan 09, 2013 - 4:27 PM

TERA is going f2p in February, I'm wondering if BnS should get a b2p with p2p option
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 09, 2013 - 5:12 PM

View PostMizuki, on Jan 09, 2013 - 4:27 PM, said:

TERA is going f2p in February, I'm wondering if BnS should get a b2p with p2p option

They'd have to give subscription players some sort of benefit, which would make people instantly scream Pay to Win. I personally don't mind stuff like that, but if people think being able to sell cash shop items in-game is P2W then this would definitely seem that way to them.
Posted Image

User is offline   Gender Infection 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 09, 2013 - 5:19 PM

From how people here are talking, Blade & Soul isn't much better in too many ways than Tera.

Meaning that there's no way it will keep a pay to play model for long.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users