Blade & Soul Dojo: Are you ready for Blade and Soul Online? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you ready for Blade and Soul Online? How long can you wait? Rate Topic: ***-- 2 Votes

Poll: Are you patient? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you got the patience?

1. Yes, I can wait because... (29 votes [58.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.00%

2. Hell no! Gime Gime! >insert reason< (21 votes [42.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 9:34 PM

I'm ultimately grateful to NcSoft West for bringing the game here, lots of titles overseas don't make it to North America.

My tolerance for a release is very high, I still can't believe we're even getting this wonderful game. They can take as long as they need to get the game ready because all I need to know is they plan on releasing it at some point and for me personally that's more than enough.
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Kryscent 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Character:Kryscent
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Descendants

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 9:45 PM

^ I would be so glad if everything have the same concept of thinking like you!
Posted Image
Please do PM me or post in my support thread here if you got any kinds of problem about China Blade and Soul / Translation

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
  • Race:Gon

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 2:27 AM

View PostNotturno, on Jan 02, 2013 - 7:38 PM, said:

tl;dr subjectivity.

Just because a lot of his points can be, at the root level, subjective to opinion, that doesn't mean they are automatically wrong be default.

It is more or less true that Korean games are more grindy than western games, and it is also true that while maybe not "failing" in the west as he put it, Korean games don't pull in the same numbers in the west that western games do. Both of which claims have substantial evidence to support them. So even though they may just be his opinions, his opinions are shared by a huge portion of western audiences which is important to NCsoft, even if they are not shared by you or me.

This post has been edited by Awake.: Jan 04, 2013 - 2:30 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 1:42 PM

Let's be honest...other than WoW are there really any successful mmorpgs in the West?
LoL is f2p I don't consider that a game.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 1:50 PM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 04, 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

Let's be honest...other than WoW are there really any successful mmorpgs in the West?

DDO?
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 2:23 PM

What are you call successful?

I can type:
Ultima - I think it does not need explain
Lineage 2 (C0-C6) - in best period of this game, it had same amount of subs as WoW. It survived in P2P market over 7 years. And probably game could be still alive if not idiotic changes aka "let's make from sandbox a theme park".
EVE - small number of subs, but still groving. At this moment 400.000 and still growing - game have almost 9 years.

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 9:05 PM

Ahh yes way to be close-minded claps for you

Seriously though? It's not a game because it's free? Slow down there, friend.

I mean for real, I'll accept the argument that in this case it won't apply to the argument because it's a MOBA and not an MMORPG. They attract different audiences. That's an intelligent argument! Not it's not even a game because it's f2p. That is just the least intelligent and most ignorant argument you could have given. I thought better of you, Ghastly, I've seen more intelligent arguments than this. What's wrong with you?

This post has been edited by Vile Samael: Jan 04, 2013 - 9:23 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.

Posted Jan 04, 2013 - 11:45 PM

If WoW is the only western MMO you consider to be a success, then by comparison, there has never been a successful Asian MMO in western markets, ever.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 2:46 AM

Maybe my standards are high, which is fine, I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm sure there are a handful that did well but the genre doesn't seem to be healthy imo.

But the discussion should be about B&S, so steer back to that if we may. All I know is I'll be playing it a lot and will leave it if it ever goes f2p.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Gender Infection 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 05, 2013 - 6:25 AM

I can wait well enough.

The main problem is that this game is a replacement for Final Fantasy XIV for me. And Final Fantasy XI and Tera are just holdovers for me until Final Fantasy XIV goes back online when Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is released and is hopefully a really great game.

As much as I want to say I'll play this game no matter what. I might barely manage to give it a try. It is in competition with Final Fantasy XIV which at this rate may come out at around the same time. And that game just might steal all of my time away from Blade & Soul.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to Blade & Soul, is, again, it seems like a breath of fresh and cuteness in comparison to Tera. Ever since I saw the Lyn and the videos of dancing cats I was kind of dying to play Blade & Soul. It's a much more beautiful and interesting seeming world than that of Tera. And I'm very glad it is coming to the West. I was starting to get worried after a while.

User is offline   Sogeking 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 5:39 AM

View PostMizuki, on Jan 01, 2013 - 4:59 PM, said:

I can wait, people argue that the game is already done so what's the hold up. NcSoft West wants to make the game marketable for the majority not just people who've been waiting to play it since day one

Yep and plus BnS is still not very known in the west so they're waiting for it to become more popular. You don't want it to fail from the moment they release it right? They need to wait for people to fall in love with it so that they don't mind paying the monthly fee, and don't tell me it's not gonna be P2P because , even though P2P as well as F2P is the least thing i want it to be, we all know that miracles that go against their pockets won't happen.

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 04, 2013 - 9:05 PM, said:

Ahh yes way to be close-minded claps for you

Seriously though? It's not a game because it's free? Slow down there, friend.

I mean for real, I'll accept the argument that in this case it won't apply to the argument because it's a MOBA and not an MMORPG. They attract different audiences. That's an intelligent argument! Not it's not even a game because it's f2p. That is just the least intelligent and most ignorant argument you could have given. I thought better of you, Ghastly, I've seen more intelligent arguments than this. What's wrong with you?

I agree that this was a harsh way to put it as I've played and liked f2p games as long as they are not fully p2w like pwi, but I have to agree with ghastly on the " I'm not interested in LOL and i will never play it"
Posted Image

~IGN: Suisen~

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 5:52 AM

View PostSogeking, on Jan 06, 2013 - 5:39 AM, said:

I agree that this was a harsh way to put it as I've played and liked f2p games as long as they are not fully p2w like pwi, but I have to agree with ghastly on the " I'm not interested in LOL and i will never play it"

Yep, and that's absolutely fine. Not a game for everyone, it's pretty niche. Still doesn't make it not a game in the first place (and especially not because it's f2p). That was what he was saying in that post, not that he wasn't interested in it.
Posted Image

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 5:57 AM

View PostAwake., on Jan 02, 2013 - 4:57 PM, said:

Most definitely. People tend to forget sometimes that these company's main goals are too make as much money as possible, and if they believe the best route to do so is by dumbing down the korean version for more 'casual' western audiences, they won't hesitate to do so.

I do honestly feel like they won't censor it much though. The game is clearly not aimed at possibly picking up younger audiences. I feel like it will make more money by going the AoC route and scooping up quite a bit of players by going "hey guys look! Boobies!" >:D and then our penises will have bought the game without even realizing it.

I mean look at Queens Blade/Scarlet Blade online. That just proves how powerful the boob market really is.

Queen's Blade...I've seen it in steparu's videos if I'm not mistaken...Oh the terror XD

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 06, 2013 - 5:52 AM, said:

Yep, and that's absolutely fine. Not a game for everyone, it's pretty niche. Still doesn't make it not a game in the first place (and especially not because it's f2p). That was what he was saying in that post, not that he wasn't interested in it.

Well I'm pretty sure he doesn't like the game to say that. I wouldn't say that If i liked the game :misdoubt:
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 5:58 AM

View PostSogeking, on Jan 06, 2013 - 5:39 AM, said:

Yep and plus BnS is still not very known in the west so they're waiting for it to become more popular. You don't want it to fail from the moment they release it right? They need to wait for people to fall in love with it so that they don't mind paying the monthly fee, and don't tell me it's not gonna be P2P because , even though P2P as well as F2P is the least thing i want it to be, we all know that miracles that go against their pockets won't happen.

They do nothing to make game more popular. And some part of players what already w8 for it loses interest. So how more people can fall in love with it?

IMo the best what they can do is beta in this winter -> open beta -> release in spring.

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:07 AM

View PostZenek, on Jan 06, 2013 - 5:58 AM, said:

They do nothing to make game more popular. And some part of players what already w8 for it loses interest. So how more people can fall in love with it?

IMo the best what they can do is beta in this winter -> open beta -> release in spring.

You're right, to be honest I really wished that would happen :confuse: . However I want the game to succeed, that's another thing i wish to happen. I don't want it to be dead from the first day. Maybe you're right. If they release it sooner people that want it will start playing and tell their friends how awesome it is. Then the popularity of this game will expand. But we can't be sure so let's just wait. I don't think it depends on us if the game is released because if it's not ready regarding their standards, they won't release it. It's very simple.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 6:27 AM

There is another thing - games became old. Even yesterday when I was talk with friends about B&S, someone said: "If this game could be release 2 years ago, it would be impresive. But not right now." - And that is true. Standards of graphic in games rising. And longer localisation is, oldest game become. And graphic is one of things, what was main advantage of this game.
Situation can became worse in this E3 - where we will (probably) see new consoles, what means next huge jump.
So if NCsoft do not want lose first impresion - "how beautiful this game is", better if they will make at last beta before E3.

User is offline   Nattsu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 7:55 AM

Happy new year! (i know its a bit late)

I can't wait either for this wonderful game.

Since the poor quality of support and handeling the game the publishers of Tera did, which utimately made me and my guild quit that aweful game.
I now find my self with out a game.

Yes i could go back to WoW or even swtor..... but no.
After Tera and its awesome action targeting system, going back to click/tab to target seems old fashioned to me.

Then i found Blade and Soul! what a beautiful game.
I am an anime fan and wannabe ninja so the theme and graphics really apply to me.
and i come from City if heroes from waaaay back so i have experience with NCsoft but oddly enough all good ones :)

But as much as i want the game on my computer right NOW! i dont mind waiting until its ready and they are prepared to handle any issue that may occur.
Better to have an over polished game than one that is sub par.

That in mind if they hold it too long then the competitors might steal alot of action. need i say Elder scrolls online.....

I pray that we will atleast see beta tests in the next 2 months.... or a statement of a rollout plan of betas (tera did this and it was awesome you knew what was coming and looked forward to it)

Cant wait yo jump right in :D also i wish i was living in korea until its released ;)

-Nattsu out

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 8:05 AM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 05, 2013 - 2:46 AM, said:

Maybe my standards are high, which is fine, I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm sure there are a handful that did well but the genre doesn't seem to be healthy imo.

But the discussion should be about B&S, so steer back to that if we may. All I know is I'll be playing it a lot and will leave it if it ever goes f2p.

What do you consider successful?

City of Heroes was successful in the west. It was even profitable. It was only shut down due to not being successful in Korea.

User is offline   psyimn 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:QuidProQuo

Posted Jan 06, 2013 - 8:21 AM

anxiously waiting as I have been for years....
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users