Blade & Soul Dojo: Are you ready for Blade and Soul Online? - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you ready for Blade and Soul Online? How long can you wait? Rate Topic: ***-- 2 Votes

Poll: Are you patient? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you got the patience?

1. Yes, I can wait because... (29 votes [58.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.00%

2. Hell no! Gime Gime! >insert reason< (21 votes [42.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 9:44 PM

Merged the happy new years threads. We're sending NCsoft West the wrong message here in my opinion. B&S is ready, there is no "it needs to be perfect so it doesn't flop."

The only thing they need to do is translate it, test the servers, done.
The more Westernizing they do to it, the easier the game will be, the more untold censoring they will add, the further behind in content we get.

I want B&S by the Summer, if it gets pushed back to late in the year I don't see how it can sustain it.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 10:37 PM

I just want them to get it right, this is a dream game for me
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Maliken 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Maliken
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:No Girl Alliance

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 11:37 PM

I can wait because I'm currently playing Bns KR :D

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 11:42 PM

In the current state of the western development I would NEVER play the Korean version. Not even if its only 15 levels. It would kill the the entire mood and excitement coming from me towards B&S. I did play a Private server however and got a taste of the full character customization and first 3 levels on starter island but anything more would be bad!

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 11:52 PM

Waiting is easy. Tons of other games to play.

User is offline   Overeem 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 01, 2013 - 9:44 PM, said:

Merged the happy new years threads. We're sending NCsoft West the wrong message here in my opinion. B&S is ready, there is no "it needs to be perfect so it doesn't flop."

The more Westernizing they do to it, the easier the game will be, the more untold censoring they will add, the further behind in content we get.

I want B&S by the Summer, if it gets pushed back to late in the year I don't see how it can sustain it.

No offense...and I could be wrong here, but it seems you are becoming impatient. My mother used to tell me when I was a child " Haste makes waste ". Need I remind you and anyone else to not get their hopes to high. History of Korean MMO's have been nothing but disappointment among the US/EU audiences. Now that does not mean the game itself, but how it was handled. To many botter's, too many people purchasing in game gold along with it thus inflating the economy in turn new players leave the game, poor customer service etc, etc.

Again, im excited for Blade and Soul, but I am not blind nor ignoring what has transpired in the past, especially with Ncsoft West. NcWest has a long road ahead of them, and Blade and Soul will already be a niche game because of what has happened. I'd say if Blade and Soul does release in the fourth quarter, then so be it. I'd rather have them have their staff ready and have system's in place beforehand to combat/address any concerns that can and will surface not just during launch, but through the duration of the product's life.

I say this because I have been a customer of Ncwest from the very beginning of Lineage 2 then onto Aion. NcWest performace in how they handled both games was very sub-par. What I and I am sure many others are hoping for with this new title, that they will be doing some soul searching in themselves or rather redeeming themselves from past failures. I hope and want Blade and Soul to do good in our market, but in order for that to happen? They need to make damn sure they will have the botter's in check and people that buy/sell.

Remember, folks here in the west when they hear about a Korean MMO? The common response is..." Oh another Korean grinder bot infested MMO, No Thanks! ". Not to mention the hacks that went along with it ( Aion had many players using the no animation hack).

So...we are now in a new year, and I am hoping that Ncwest now with a new staff are willing to turn doubt into belief...

Have a good new year all.

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 1:11 AM

View PostOvereem, on Jan 02, 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

-snip-

+1 Because well thought out post. But, I still and will always have high hopes for the game. Ive followed game for a year now and have had many friends tell me the game is amazing. Im sure Ncsoft will do good but since this is my first ncsoft game it will be hard to tell how well they will manage their game.

User is offline   CrystalMaiden 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 2:39 AM

Waiting ...
Posted Image

User is offline   Shinrae 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Shinrae
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 2:55 AM

I can certainly wait. I want the game to be done right. Rushing the game ruins it's longevity.

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 6:14 AM

View PostGhastly, on Jan 01, 2013 - 9:44 PM, said:

Ah, was wondering what the hell happend to my topic.
Al of the sudden my staring post is pushed down 6 steps, and it was on some 1 else his name. :canny:

It wasn't my goal to give NC the wrong impression, I just wanted to hear ppl's reacions of how (in-)patient they are.
Like:
"My desk has teeth marks of anticipation, for this game" :yell:
"I'm zen, let them take their time for a great and complete game" :joss_stick:

When NCsoft realeses the game or beta's, is still up to them.
:smooth:
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 6:23 AM

"Hell no! Gime Gime! >insert reason<"

Reasons are simple:

- More time they will work at the game = more time for censorship.

- They will not make changes for us - how they can do it without our feedback? It will be wasted time after all.

- I saw "westemisation" of Tera. In effect we got much more grindy and RNG based shit than Korea. I do not belive in any "westemisation".

View PostMizuki, on Jan 01, 2013 - 4:59 PM, said:

NcSoft West wants to make the game marketable for the majority not just people who've been waiting to play it since day one

It almost never work. You can not make happy everybody. Better make game focused for minority, but good. Other way you will get shit for everybody and for nobody at same time. Nobody will be happy - it will end by same way as Tera.

User is offline   shayryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Character:No idea yet. :<
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 11:53 AM

I don't want to wait, by the time B&S is released there will probably be a bunch of other amazing games in development.
There is already a game in development which I think can be more amazing than B&S.
I don't really want me to lose my interest in a B&S without playing it while their are other games out there ready to launch.
I have the patience, but after 3 maybe 4 years the patience starts to deplete.

And happy new year dojo. :joss_stick:
May the kicks and punches to the gut also feel painful in 2013.
Posted Image

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 1:06 PM

I don't mind waiting. I'd rather them finish it and make it a good western conversion. Plus the longer they take the more content will have come out in Korea that they will be likely to add in at Western launch.

My only concern is that by the time it comes out I will be busy with other things and will no longer have the time to play. I doubt it though ;D

If some other game happens to pull me away then so be it, but right now the only other game on the near horizon that may compete is the FF A Realm Reborn reboot.

This post has been edited by Awake.: Jan 02, 2013 - 1:08 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Razerer 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Razerer

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 2:34 PM

I for one dont want to wait. as its been said before. more time = more time for censorship, wich is in everybodys opinion, pure bull****!

All the great korean games wich has been launched in the west have gone through this so called "Westernizing" wich only made the game easier, and censored great artwork. Yes, it might be ecchi artwork, but we LIKE that artwork, atleast most of us do :love:

Tbh i dont know what NCsoft expect to get by westernizing B&S.

JUST GIMME MY DAMN GAME ! :canny:

This post has been edited by Razerer: Jan 02, 2013 - 2:35 PM

User is offline   Treat 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationDenmark
  • Character:Treat
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 2:44 PM

I don't 'want' to wait, but I am ready to do so. I want them to get it right, but I am growing impatient even though I am pretty new here and I only recently discovered this game.
I just want SOMETHING to happen soon. Anything, any news to make the wait more bearable. When they start doing the beta events I think it'll be easier to wait because I'll know the wait is almost over and I will be getting more information more frequently from beta testers etc.

This post has been edited by Treat: Jan 02, 2013 - 2:45 PM

Those who mind won't matter and those who matter won't mind.

Region: 电信二区
Server: 斩天诀

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 3:21 PM

View PostZenek, on Jan 02, 2013 - 6:23 AM, said:

"Hell no! Gime Gime! >insert reason<"

Reasons are simple:

- More time they will work at the game = more time for censorship.

- They will not make changes for us - how they can do it without our feedback? It will be wasted time after all.

- I saw "westemisation" of Tera. In effect we got much more grindy and RNG based shit than Korea. I do not belive in any "westemisation".

It almost never work. You can not make happy everybody. Better make game focused for minority, but good. Other way you will get shit for everybody and for nobody at same time. Nobody will be happy - it will end by same way as Tera.

They already said they weren't going to censor it. Also, of course they're going to try to market it to the majority, that's what will make them money. They're not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. They're a company.
Posted Image

User is offline   Awake. 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando, FL.

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 4:57 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 02, 2013 - 3:21 PM, said:

They already said they weren't going to censor it. Also, of course they're going to try to market it to the majority, that's what will make them money. They're not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. They're a company.

Most definitely. People tend to forget sometimes that these company's main goals are too make as much money as possible, and if they believe the best route to do so is by dumbing down the korean version for more 'casual' western audiences, they won't hesitate to do so.

I do honestly feel like they won't censor it much though. The game is clearly not aimed at possibly picking up younger audiences. I feel like it will make more money by going the AoC route and scooping up quite a bit of players by going "hey guys look! Boobies!" >:D and then our penises will have bought the game without even realizing it.

I mean look at Queens Blade/Scarlet Blade online. That just proves how powerful the boob market really is.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 6:16 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Jan 02, 2013 - 3:21 PM, said:

There is difference between this what company say and realy do. If PEGI or ESRB will say " you have to censor this boobs or 18+", they will censor it, just for keep 16/17+. Same as BHS did with Tera.

Beside this... are you rly believe they will spend time for improve anything? Without even feedback of community? How they can know what players want, what players want to se changes if they have completly 0 feedback?

Corporations are blind. They will lost half subs 2 months after realse anyway (it happening with every game). And for us better if they will make just translation without cut any content, and make changes for us after release - changes based on community feedback.

User is offline   Notturno 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 7:38 PM

No offense...and I could be wrong here, but it seems you are becoming impatient. My mother used to tell me when I was a child " Haste makes waste ". Need I remind you and anyone else to not get their hopes to high. History of Korean MMO's have been nothing but disappointment among the US/EU audiences. Now that does not mean the game itself, but how it was handled. To many botter's, too many people purchasing in game gold along with it thus inflating the economy in turn new players leave the game, poor customer service etc, etc.

Again, im excited for Blade and Soul, but I am not blind nor ignoring what has transpired in the past, especially with Ncsoft West. NcWest has a long road ahead of them, and Blade and Soul will already be a niche game because of what has happened. I'd say if Blade and Soul does release in the fourth quarter, then so be it. I'd rather have them have their staff ready and have system's in place beforehand to combat/address any concerns that can and will surface not just during launch, but through the duration of the product's life.

I say this because I have been a customer of Ncwest from the very beginning of Lineage 2 then onto Aion. NcWest performace in how they handled both games was very sub-par. What I and I am sure many others are hoping for with this new title, that they will be doing some soul searching in themselves or rather redeeming themselves from past failures. I hope and want Blade and Soul to do good in our market, but in order for that to happen? They need to make damn sure they will have the botter's in check and people that buy/sell.

Remember, folks here in the west when they hear about a Korean MMO? The common response is..." Oh another Korean grinder bot infested MMO, No Thanks! ". Not to mention the hacks that went along with it ( Aion had many players using the no animation hack).

So...we are now in a new year, and I am hoping that Ncwest now with a new staff are willing to turn doubt into belief...

Have a good new year all.

I think you are off base with your assessment; much of what you say is rooted in speculative opinion and bias. Much of what you say is passed off as fact, when the reality of the situation is that much of what you say is jaded opinion and generalities.

To state that Korean MMORPGs have been "nothing but disappointment" for western audiences is entirely your opinion. My own personal experiences with Korean-developed MMORPGs have been overwhelmingly positive, and based on market trends of Korean MMORPGs continually being localized for western audiences also shows that this is not an isolated opinion. Korean MMORPGs are released in western markets because it's obviously a profitable venture for Korean companies, and they must be having success if multiple companies are doing this every year. You go on to state that other issues are the root cause of your perceived failure of Korean MMORPGs; botters, gold farmers, and poor customer service are major factors. Again, more subjective opinion;

• Automated processes (simply botting) will exist in any game where time investment is a core element of progression. This is not an exclusive issue to Korean MMORPGs, but only perceived as necessary because of the slant Korean MMORPGs place on their leveling curve. This is also a matter of how policing and anti-cheat measures are handled, but again this is relative based on the company, not their country of origin.
  • Real money trading (or gold farming) is a subject that is hotly contested within the gaming community, because you get into the realm of digital goods ownership. EULA and TOS documents often assign ownership to the company, but people often insist they are within their right to sell their virtual goods. This often extends into the realm of gold farming, where shops are setup specifically for farming in-game currency to sell. This is an entirely different story, but again this is not exclusive to Korean MMORPGs; the only difference is the company's approach to handling the issue.
  • Customer service, yet again another subjective point. The best customer service I have ever experienced was in TERA Online; a Korean-developed game with a local western branch that handled the western arm of operations. They were able to provide extremely competent service, better than many western parent companies I have experienced.

My point is that much of your post about how Korean MMORPGs are handled in western countries is completely subjective opinion. Much of what you state also varies based on the company's approach to each particular issue. My experience with NCsoft has been completely opposite of yours, but I'll simply agree to disagree for the time being.

As for the particular handling of games by NCsoft, much of what they do varies from game to game. I had a negative experience with Lineage II, an extremely positive experience in both Auto Assault and Tabula Rasa, but an average experience with Aion. I see no particular trend with NCsoft's handling of games, but what I do know is they want to keep riding the positive trend set forth by Guild Wars 2, so you can safely assume Blade & Soul is going to be a major project for them with their western releases. I sincerely doubt you'll see them repeat any falterings they had with their other titles.

Finally, this really irks me;

Really? This is not a common response and comes off borderline ignorant; botters exist in every MMORPG, every game will have some form of cheat/hack/bug that will cause problems. The "grinding" complaint is one of, again, subjectivity. I personally haven't played a game that felt "grindy" to me, because that is just part of the MMORPG genre to me. Though when you analyze eastern and western MMORPGs, both are equally grindy, it's just the way each region presents their game. Many eastern MMORPGs focus on monster grinding for experience, while western MMORPGs utilize quests and dungeon grinds. The common thread is they both require time investment, it's just presentation and perceptions of different gaming styles that alter how one views grinding.

Korean MMORPGs continue to be successful and profitable in the west. Your "common response" isn't so common according to the market, I guess.

tl;dr subjectivity.

This post has been edited by Notturno: Jan 02, 2013 - 7:39 PM

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 9:21 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Very good and well thought-out post, well done.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users