Blade & Soul Dojo: my dreams... shattered - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

my dreams... shattered Rate Topic: **--- 4 Votes

Poll: B&S free to play petition (1 member(s) have cast votes)

do you wan B&S to be freetplay?

1. yes (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote

User is offline   Asuna 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Character:Wendy
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:currently searching :)

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 3:27 PM

im sorry, but starting a "petition" because its too expensive for you in your country to play on US/EU servers isnt going to get u or ur cause very far lol.

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 3:48 PM

There's a high chance it won't be F2P, this game has extreme hype for the west, in addition I don't think anyone anticipates it doing badly, so it probably will have a membership or something of the sort.

In my own personal opinion, I spend so much more on F2P games, all those bonuses and stuff. Dx They always get me, I like P2P structured games better.
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 3:49 PM

so NCSoft spent years and millions on this blade and soul project. and you think they will listen to a petition because some can't spend $60.
free to play draws in the largest number of hackers and goldsellers and botters, simply because the entrance gate is so wide (free). no thanks.

User is offline   gunner429 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Guild:Affliction

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 3:50 PM

View PostAsuna, on Dec 31, 2012 - 3:27 PM, said:

im sorry, but starting a "petition" because its too expensive for you in your country to play on US/EU servers isnt going to get u or ur cause very far lol.

Exactly this. The game is not going to be F2P. It will be B2P or P2P, most likely P2P. If you can't afford it do something to get money. Save up. Do some chores in exchange for your parent to pay for it. If none of those options suit you then you may wanna switch over to a different game. Sorry to say, case closed, bring on the dancing lobstas! :smooth: :smooth:
Posted Image

Signature/Guild Banner courtesy of blue sky 900

User is offline   Lady Estellise 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Lady Estellise

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 3:50 PM

View PostDayBreeze, on Dec 31, 2012 - 3:49 PM, said:

so NCSoft spent years and millions on this blade and soul project. and you think they will listen to a petition because some can't spend $60.
free to play draws in the largest number of hackers and goldsellers and botters, simply because the entrance gate is so wide (free). no thanks.

<3 This 100%
F2P games are never designed for the long run, maybe a 6 month play maximum, I don't think that's what NCsoft wants.
Holy power that defies my enemies; Resist!

Posted Image
~Signature by Aery~

User is offline   Kitsune 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRequiem Forest
  • Character:Kitsune
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 4:01 PM

You still have a lot of time--save up money and hope to goodness it's B2P.
Posted Image

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 4:29 PM

Don't p2p games usually have a low-ish box price? (with a free first month) so if you somehow save up for about 6 months worth of playtime you're pretty much sorted for a while.
Posted Image

User is offline   AMXtreme 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 4:43 PM

guess i have to buy this game like any1 else.. im still hoping itll be at least B2P ... itll be perfect actualy... this topic is beggining to loose his point so , as the creator, i am taking the liberty to close this topic...
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost...
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh!

User is offline   Fleija 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 4:55 PM

This is my prediction or theory.

The game WONT be F2P. The quality and standards of this game is way too high for it to go F2P in the next 5 years.

This game WILL be P2P. why? Simple. Because its P2P in South Korea. They cant just make it B2P in the west and P2P in Korea, thats an economic unfair advantage. Western players will have a significantly better deal than Korean players over the same product. Western players will only have to pay 60$ for all content and full ownership of the game, while Koreans have to pay, (In U.S dollars), 180$ a year to keep playing. plus NcSoft will loose allot of money and REP(from eastern countries) if they go B2P in western countries right from the get go.

For example: McDonalds can't sell large fries in the U.S for 5$, then go to Canada and sell it for 5$ every 5 fries. it wont look good for them, and it just will not work. They may even get into some legal trouble too.

Unless this game is extremely unsuccessful (Like FFXIV), I'm 2000% sure it wont be F2P and 95% sure it wont be B2P, at least in the first 2 or 3 years.

This post has been edited by Seli: Dec 31, 2012 - 5:17 PM

User is offline   foxlight713 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location电信二区 ; 斩天诀
  • Character:Foxtrot
  • Guild:B&S Dojo

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 5:11 PM

the biggest example in recent time is Knights of the Old Republic started out as a P2P but recently went free to play which brings to question of how survivable new P2P games are. The best example and close cousin Terra is still pay to play and its only been out a year or so I think (correct me on this if i'm wrong.) So it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how the game is fairing on how its subscriptions are doing.

Otherwise I won't be phased one bit if it ended up being Buy to play or pay to play.

This post has been edited by foxlight713: Dec 31, 2012 - 5:12 PM

"Every one has a story, weather it is short or long not all of them are told."
http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
Posted Image
*Warning spelling errors may and will happen in my posts*

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 5:29 PM

There is a fair chance of it becoming free-to-play 3-4 years after release.

Kapish.. kapish!

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 5:50 PM

How can anyone justify a game being completely free to play? Is food free? Are console games free? You're only paying $180 per year if you subscribe every month which you don't have to. $180 is 3 games. Save your money and don't buy 3 games you would've bought next year.

The people making the game and updating the game have jobs and families too.

F2P games exist but how good are they? Very few, if any are any good. Those that go F2P are pretty bad unless you buy in the cash shop. So you'll still end up needing to pay money, even more, if it goes f2p because every little thing they release will be in the shop.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 5:57 PM

Ready your wallet for B2P (Such as GW2) or P2P (Such as WOW, etc).
There is only a handful of games that launch F2P and happen to be filled with rich/engrossing/talented content to back them. When this happens, those games already have a fanbase behind them to back them (See League of Legends, Hawken, Firefall, etc. for good examples).

For bad examples of F2P models, just look at everything else.
It's not just the game's quality; but also the community as noted above. It just derails too fast.

With that said, the F2P model works really well as far as monetary gain goes (As noted by Sera). So it can be very dangerous, more so to us the users, than to the plublisher/company behind the game.
If anything, you should be praying that it isn't F2P.

User is offline   Yoshiro Numata 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 6:09 PM

View PostSeli, on Dec 31, 2012 - 4:55 PM, said:

This is my prediction or theory.

The game WONT be F2P. The quality and standards of this game is way too high for it to go F2P in the next 5 years.

This game WILL be P2P. why? Simple. Because its P2P in South Korea. They cant just make it B2P in the west and P2P in Korea, thats an economic unfair advantage. Western players will have a significantly better deal than Korean players over the same product. Western players will only have to pay 60$ for all content and full ownership of the game, while Koreans have to pay, (In U.S dollars), 180$ a year to keep playing. plus NcSoft will loose allot of money and REP(from eastern countries) if they go B2P in western countries right from the get go.

For example: McDonalds can't sell large fries in the U.S for 5$, then go to Canada and sell it for 5$ every 5 fries. it wont look good for them, and it just will not work. They may even get into some legal trouble too.

Unless this game is extremely unsuccessful (Like FFXIV), I'm 2000% sure it wont be F2P and 95% sure it wont be B2P, at least in the first 2 or 3 years.

that post gave me cancer.

This post has been edited by Yoshiro Numata: Dec 31, 2012 - 6:10 PM

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:04 PM

go get a part time job, issue fixed

View Postfoxlight713, on Dec 31, 2012 - 5:11 PM, said:

the biggest example in recent time is Knights of the Old Republic started out as a P2P but recently went free to play which brings to question of how survivable new P2P games are. The best example and close cousin Terra is still pay to play and its only been out a year or so I think (correct me on this if i'm wrong.) So it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how the game is fairing on how its subscriptions are doing.

Otherwise I won't be phased one bit if it ended up being Buy to play or pay to play.

The reason why SWTOR went free to play is because they failed to make the game succeed, they had less than one million subscribers at one point

Same thing happened to DC Universe, the game was dying

See WoW going free to play? no

This post has been edited by Mizuki: Dec 31, 2012 - 7:08 PM

Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Laner 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:AizenTaichou

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:08 PM

Oh god popular thread that will be here forever now.
1st of all, edit your post so that it says dream and not deram.

...Ok BnS will definitely be p2p.
But I heard Tera is going f2p sometime? If Tera had that fate, then I think too eventually EVENTUALLY BnS will become f2p. Both of these games are very similiar, and they both have low end game content, therefore more people will rush to max level and then probably play for awhile and then ultimately quit. Hm and Aion went f2p as well...it seems most korean games have the fate of becoming f2p.
That is my opinion on this matter.
Posted Image

User is offline   Exodus 

• Do you feel lucky, Punk?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationValhalla
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:♣ Lotus - 山 Leader ♣

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:21 PM

There is no such thing as "Free to Play"
For ex: League of Legends.

Posted Image
Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 9:57 PM

View PostExodus, on Dec 31, 2012 - 7:21 PM, said:

There is no such thing as "Free to Play"
For ex: League of Legends.

Why so serious?

User is offline   Azazel 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationBehind you!
  • Character:Azazel
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 11:12 PM

*sees one option poll*
*clicks show results*
*sees one vote*

Easy to see where our opinion lies.

This post has been edited by Azazel: Dec 31, 2012 - 11:13 PM

User is offline   KeepD 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 2:38 AM

BnS will be p2p with a cash shop for a while then depending on success turn into f2p or stick with p2p. You first need a base of players in this type of game to get them to buy the items they need/want if it goes f2p. NCSoft currently has 2 f2p MMOs that were big and p2p for years, L2 and Aion,but their f2p model is based on old and returning players wanting to overachieve their xp and armor, weapons etc, it's not based on the random player that thinks o this one dress is cute.

If BnS starts f2p it will crash and burn because nobody will be invested in the game enough to invest the equal of $15 every month when they can have it for free (or have a selected few invest every month the equal of 10-20 subscriptions worth of money).

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users