Blade & Soul Dojo: my dreams... shattered - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

my dreams... shattered Rate Topic: **--- 4 Votes

Poll: B&S free to play petition (1 member(s) have cast votes)

do you wan B&S to be freetplay?

1. yes (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote

User is offline   AMXtreme 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 5:08 AM

well the chances are high that B&S will become a B2P or P2P... i cant afford it... my only hope is that B&S west will be free to play even if thiat means itll going to have an item mall...or the novice/permium accounts... im not quite rich and in the present i have fewer money to spend on games and stuff like this... :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob: :cry: :sob:
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost...
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh!

User is offline   Kryscent 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Character:Kryscent
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Descendants

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 5:20 AM

It will never be F2P, sorry to say this but you gotta give up your hope on BnS going into F2P, P2P is the MAXIMUM they would go, if anything.
Posted Image
Please do PM me or post in my support thread here if you got any kinds of problem about China Blade and Soul / Translation

User is offline   Itachi.Uchiha 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:Itachi.Uchiha

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 6:03 AM

I cannot believe people actually want F2P.

First of all if I don't pay for a game I don't see myself as a real fan. Second of all, for a F2P game to be popular it must be REALLY widespread and needs millions of players, in order for it to survive very long. And in most cases free to play games are FULL of soo many "crappy" players, I don't know if you got what I mean with crappy, but it's hard to explain, I'm sure you guys understand.

P2P is in most cases the best system because 'you get what you pay for', simple as that. Such games survive VERY long if it has many players and it's popular.
But personally I think for blade & soul B2P with a lot in game content you can actually buy is a better approach. content that actually can give you an edge. Something you are not necessarily supposed to buy, but still something you really want really bad.

In that way, you don't have that pressure of your time limit causing you to play A LOT almost every day. And yet you can still make the company survive with all the stuff.

But those stuff shouldn't legendary. Close to them but still not the best gear in the game. So that the rich people cannot necessarily have the best position in game.

And your Dreams?? Are you kidding me?? Sorry but If you are waiting for such a great game as blade and soul. I'm sure you cannot call yourself a real fan if you cannot even afford B2P. I mean Try to save money starting today. Save 1€ or $ every 3 days and you will have 60€/$ in 6 months. I'm sure the release of the game would be near at that time and you have to money to buy it.

Please don't be ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Itachi.Uchiha: Dec 31, 2012 - 6:05 AM

Posted Image

真実を見せてやる
shinjitsu o misete yaru

ROSACEA FAMILY
- "Shall I fight for you?"

User is offline   Treat 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationDenmark
  • Character:Treat
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 6:05 AM

I strongly doubt it'll be free to play as well.
To me it would be such a waste if this seemingly beautiful game was to be put under the free to play business model.
I hope for pay to play, but I will be able to live with buy to play.
Those who mind won't matter and those who matter won't mind.

Region: 电信二区
Server: 斩天诀

User is offline   Lily~ 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 6:32 AM

I personally think it'll lean towards B2P, it seems like the more desirable payment method for players and it'll allow them to play at whatever pace they want without having to worry about rushing all the content before their subscription is up.

I'm pretty much 100% certain it won't go F2P, i mean..it isn't in Korea so i don't see why it would be here.

Plus the game deserves to make money because it's perfect.
Posted Image¬Made by Aery¬

User is offline   Aery 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany
  • Race:Kun

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:08 AM

Sometimes a game which is f2p with a shop is more expensive than paying a monthly fee.
Imo the payment model GW2 has (b2p) is the most comfortable one. I can play the game whenever I want and take my time.
I'm also ok with p2p but I see quite a number of these games change to f2p after a while cause it's more profitable.
P2p games need lots of love and care ^^
But I don't think B&S will be f2p to begin with.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:11 AM

I will make judgment about it game after our release - at this moment is too early. Especially when I have alot of doubts about this game.

But F2P system = destroy even the best game. It means plague of P2W, cheaters and bots.

User is offline   Yami Akuma 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationDenmark
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 7:14 AM

B&S wont go free to play for a very very very long time .. if it ever will ( i hope not )

And really .. if it goes B2P How can you not have money to buy it? 1 time buy = you got it forever =/

Edit: and lol no other vote option then yes ..

This post has been edited by Yami Akuma: Dec 31, 2012 - 7:16 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 9:19 AM

I'm 80% sure it's going to be P2P.

Personally I prefer P2P because you get a lot of content updates from that.

In the long run though, I'm not too sure.... it depends on the success of the game.
TERA is going to be F2P next month in Korea because it epic failed...

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 10:01 AM

If it goes free-to-play, MY dreams will be shattered.

View PostDi, on Dec 31, 2012 - 9:19 AM, said:

TERA is going to be F2P next month in Korea because it epic failed...

I don't know why people keep saying TERA epic-ally failed. It had a rough start with little to no endgame but it had a good 2 years being p2p. Now its free-to-play but there's still a shitload of content being released.

This post has been edited by Sugu: Dec 31, 2012 - 10:04 AM

User is offline   Shinsetsu 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 10:17 AM

To me, it seems a natural course for games to go F2P eventually. With newer and better games coming out all the time, older games need a way to maintain their player base and attract new players.

I agree with most people that B&S will like be P2P starting off, and I am thankful for that. But more than likely, it will eventually decline to the point that it will need to be F2P. Of course, there are some exceptions that have stood the test of time and continue to be P2P with a substantial player base. Perhaps B&S will be one of these. Only time will tell.
Posted Image

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostSugu, on Dec 31, 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

If it goes free-to-play, MY dreams will be shattered.

I don't know why people keep saying TERA epic-ally failed. It had a rough start with little to no endgame but it had a good 2 years being p2p. Now its free-to-play but there's still a shitload of content being released.

A lot of people in general tend to hop on a bandwagon of opinions rather than experiencing something themselves. There are probably a lot of people who didn't play for long/not at all and declared it a failure simply because it's popular opinion.

As for this topic. I wouldn't be surprised if it winds up being F2P, just not at the start. After a good many years, there is a good chance it will become F2P, just like Aion. I do believe F2P is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) monetary gain methods in terms of MMOs.

User is offline   Asuna 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Character:Wendy
  • Guild:currently searching :)

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 12:19 PM

i HIGHLY doubt it will be f2p from the get go. maybe a while down the line. it may be b2p but not f2p. also, ur poll sucks, what kind of poll has 1 option.

User is offline   Kin-Pantsu88 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 12:42 PM

By the time this game becomes F2P, there is a even beter game on the market and we will be playing that game with 3D goggles :smooth:
Yes....I like using emotes. :D

User is offline   AMXtreme 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 12:46 PM

its not a poll its a petition i metined that...and regarding the P2P well 1$=4lei(lei is the coin i my country) that means 60X4=240 lei a bit expensive... and i dont thinck ill find that game in the shops in my country and yes the economi in my country is rly low...
:hell_boy: > gouvenment
:dribble: >us
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost...
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh!

User is offline   Ishmael 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationNew York
  • Character:Ishmael
  • Guild:Dark Elitez

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 1:05 PM

My theory is if we get it P2P which is a good choice, we'll pay monthly but we'll always get fresh new content where as a B2P one may have expansion packs in the future to cover the content that P2P went over. if its F2P then we'll gradually get EVERYTHING but it'll come with a price; say legendary weapons come out, u could either buy them all, or do a an extremely long grindy quest that could take days even weeks for players who don't wish to buy them. Sure KR BnS has some sort of an item mall, but if it went F2P they would probably be a bit more expensive because without monthly subscription or people actually buying the game as a whole, the company will need to make money some how. I'm leaning more towards B2P because it leans toward casual players as not everyone has time to play BnS; especially people who like to take their time. However P2P would on the other hand, you get EVERYTHING without having to worry about major expenses other than subscription which can easily be paid for, i'm pretty sure if P2P came to the US it would be like 10-15 bucks a month. OR if it was P2P they may come out with a yearly subscription plan for like 60-80 bucks or something. I won't complain because that sounds like a really good deal.
Posted Image

Maduk l Fracture Design l Ramses B l Stan SB l Feint l Matrix & Futurebound l Ravager l Netsky l Phetsta l L.A.O.S l Moleman
Receptor l Phace l Indivision l Spillage l Livewire l Gavin G l Custom Soldierz l Raise Spirit l Dexcell l Metrik l Wreckage Machinery
ShockOne l Station Earth l Makoto l Mindtalk l Queensway l Camo & Krooked l Willem de Roo l Chase & Status l Etherwood
Hosta l Loz Contreras l Metrik l Cain Mos l Mage l Tantrum Desire l Smooth l Chords l Talon l Two Thirds l Brookes Brothers

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 1:05 PM

You could try to find a job if you want to play that badly.

The only way this game will be f2p is if it does really badly in the west.

User is offline   Famfrit 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationLimsa at night <3
  • Character:Eifa Carey

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 1:13 PM

How often do content patches come out for your average P2P MMO? Is it every month or so? I read that WoW gets one every 2-3 months or so, How often does B&S get patched?

This post has been edited by Famfrit: Dec 31, 2012 - 1:13 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Wolfie 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon
  • Character:Wolfie

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 2:20 PM

Poll - Yes. LMFAO I only have one option this thread is awesome.
Posted Image
Blessings upon Hazama, King of Trolls.

User is offline   oshiokiyo 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationAincrad
  • Character:oshiokiyo

Posted Dec 31, 2012 - 3:11 PM

unfortunately, it won't ever be f2p imo. I don't think its a bad thing either. Just save money if you really wanna play it :) Save your pennies instead of fast food or going to vending machines or stop impulse buying! You'll be solid :)
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users