• You cannot reply to this topic

weeks of attempts...

User is offline   AMXtreme 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 12:54 PM

weeks passed while i was trying to understand the skill system... i still dont get it... i need to know the following things:
-is there a way to master all the skills at the best state of them or the limited amount of skillpoints wont let us do that
-how much skills does each class have? especially the BM he has alot of cool skills and i cant live whit the tought i can't perform all of them
-one more problem would be the way these appear on the screen. they'r icons looks prety much the same for a begginer...
i would be very gratefull if you could make me understand . best regards and ty for accessing my thread

This post has been edited by AMXtreme: Dec 29, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost...
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh!

User is offline   ElysiuM 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia
  • Character:ElysiuM
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Malice in Wonderland

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 1:53 PM

View PostAMXtreme, on Dec 29, 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

weeks passed while i was trying to understand the skill system... i still dont get it... i need to know the following things:
-is there a way to master all the skills at the best state of them or the limited amount of skillpoints wont let us do that
-how much skills does each class have? especially the BM he has alot of cool skills and i cant live whit the tought i can't perform all of them
-one more problem would be the way these appear on the screen. they'r icons looks prety much the same for a begginer...
i would be very gratefull if you could make me understand . best regards and ty for accessing my thread

From my knowledge, it is not possible to obtain every "upgraded" version of a skill. You have to switch points accordingly depending on your situation.
I would assume that most people do not look at their skills while playing. As for that, the best thing I could tell you is to learn to keep your eyes on the fighting and less on the icons of your abilities. You can also bind your abilities to different keys if you do not like the default key-map.

"Life exists only at this very moment, and in this moment it is infinite and eternal, for the present moment is infinitely small; before we can measure it, it has gone, and yet it exists forever...."

-Alan Watts

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 2:26 PM

Games not out yet
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Notturno 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 2:39 PM

View PostMizuki, on Dec 29, 2012 - 2:26 PM, said:

Games not out yet

It's out in Korea, and there are people with knowledge of the game on this forum. His question is entirely appropriate.

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 2:47 PM

No, because you only have 31 skill points with max level.

Every class has lots of cool skills; some are automatically learned, some are learned with the skill tree.

Well not really. It´s hard to explain you anything if you aren´t a little bit more specific with your understanding problems.
Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 3:22 PM

View PostNotturno, on Dec 29, 2012 - 2:39 PM, said:

It's out in Korea, and there are people with knowledge of the game on this forum. His question is entirely appropriate.

Not a fact of being inappropriate, NcSoft West is making unknown changes
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Notturno 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 4:38 PM

View PostMizuki, on Dec 29, 2012 - 3:22 PM, said:

Not a fact of being inappropriate, NcSoft West is making unknown changes

It's a westernization process, which means it'll be a changing of the game to better appeal to western audiences. Typically this does not include sweeping mechanics alterations, but aesthetic and business changes. Common changes include:

• Altering the art to better suit regional tastes. This likely means toning down any overt sexualization of perceived underaged character models, which is less acceptable in western culture than eastern culture. We can also expect a shifting of many "cute" aesthetics to a more "aggressive" sort of aesthetic; typically eastern companies style their games to fit western audiences with a more "bad ass" sort of appeal rather than using "cute," as that does not sell as well.
  • The story being tailored so western players can better relate to it and understand it. Not to say there will be fundamental changes to its core message or elements, but you can reasonably expect it to favor more western styles of storytelling.
  • Business model changes to better mirror competitors in the western market.

I sincerely doubt an overarching change like combat mechanics to happen, it accomplishes nothing for the westernization of the title. Changing combat mechanics from a pre-established system means extra work for developers, which NCsoft wouldn't do since it translates into more development time for no obvious monetary gain. Point being, there's no rationale for changing the combat system from what already exists.

I would answer the OP's question if I knew, but I simply don't have access to the Korean product, nor do I speak or understand Korean, so my knowledge gained would be quite limited.

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 7:31 PM

The reason you still see the same skill icons in the skill bar which you start off with, is because Blade & Soul's skills are based off of a combo system. When you press one of those skills, later on as you level up and learn new skills, specific follow up skills will start to appear. The easiest one to note even at lvl 1, is the basic 3 hit combo. When you press R or left mouse, the icon will change to the next move, which follows after the attack you just pressed.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Blade and Soul is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is online   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 29, 2012 - 7:48 PM

Moved to B&S Korean forum for appropriate placement.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users