• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 11:58 AM

What's all this hype about Lol? Is it really that good? What different does it have from other games? :surrender:
Posted Image

~IGN: Suisen~

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Its casual. Thats the good thing about LoL. It's a lot more simple then Dota2 or HoN for example. Thats why casual people can get into it faster and don't need that much knowledge or skill playing it.
It was also F2P right from the start, while HoN made the mistake (Apart from being bad) being B2P.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 12:15 PM

League of Legends is like simpler version of DOTA a Warcraft 3 mod that became a iconic and major competitive game.

They specially programmed it to be easier to learn but hard to master. They stripped down the game to the bare bones and added little twists like having 1 major creep spawn (Dragon and 1 legendary spawn(Baron Nasher) and bushes to hide in.

DOTA has alot more item actives and there are alot of picking and counter picking. LoL you don't necessarily need to go with the counterpick because everyone is a little more balanced.

The problem I have with LoL is that you have to buy your champs with eather real money or in game money. Meaning until you have enough to buy the charecter you want you need to play there picks of the week. DOTA just gives you everyone right off the bat.

They also don't really keep there old champs up to date and if they try a good amount of the time they just make it worse. See the rebuild of Kayle and Katerena.

There are some things I like about the game like when you destroy the enemy creep base(creeps are like the cannon fodder that never stop spawning unless the creep base dies) it can respawn if the enemy has been pushed back for long enough. That means that you have a chance to mount a comeback usually.

The game in itself is fun. I played League of Legends before I switched to DOTA but I still play LoL from time to time (I will prolly get back into it when I get my new laptop)

The general critizem of people is that because there is no stopping the flow of gold to buy items and killing stuff just makes you get stuff faster. The game is basically decided in the early part of the game instead of the middle and who can coordinate better because 1 champ who got alot of there items first can wreak a team if given the chance. This really only applies to pro and ranked games where everyone prolly knows one another and have set teams and stuff like that.

There is also complains that the community is a bunch of children...which yes I do agree with because the fact that it is the easier game and free 2 play BUT, I know alot of friends and have met some cool people in game also so it's a matter of getting lucky.

In conclusion. I would play it and try to learn it if your trying to learn something new. Expect to have your brain tested and if you have friends who have played before, ask them to try to show you the ropes
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Lily~ 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 12:47 PM

Nothing.

The game hates me and the community is terrible, but no matter what i will always play it and then cry afterwards when i lose 50 games in a row.
Posted Image¬Made by Aery¬

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 1:36 PM

game is easy, thats why, difference you cant even deny, the pace is very slow, so you have more time to react, the movements are very slow...i get desesperate so thats why i dont play it, i prefer dota 2 or hon, but not that fan of MOBAs after DOTA.

many people played dota from the custom map in war3, all the lol players in majority where the ones which never played at competitive level, not even an open league lol is perfect for them for what i told you in the first line, is just a slowly pace relax moba.

User is offline   jokerstar 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Fayde
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:BooM

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 2:13 PM

I played both dota2/HoN and never LoL. The best reason I can think of why I got into dota2 and HoN instead of LoL is because I had friends that started before me and helped me. Because there is such a steep learning curve for ARTS games, LoL is much easier to understand and the community is probably less likely to flame you for being new as opposed to in those other games, especially HoN. There are probably no new players that want to play HoN by themselves as the matchmaking ranking that you start out at is plagued with "smurfs" or experienced players that make new accounts to troll new players.

This post has been edited by jokerstar: Dec 24, 2012 - 2:16 PM

BnS KR lvl 50 LBM- 1800-1950 1v1 Arena Rating

User is offline   Sogeking 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 2:48 PM

I might try it someday...even though i'm not very interested.
Posted Image

~IGN: Suisen~

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Honestly if your not interested I would not do it. I got my friend to play it and he wasn't that interested and it is not for the people with that kind of mindset. If the game seems like something you will put time into and really learn then by all means. If you are going thinking that your just going to try it but not actually try then you woun't get the fuil benefit.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   KTcraft 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUS
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Jan 02, 2013 - 4:38 PM

Isn't that the same with any game though?
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users