Blade & Soul Dojo: armour/dobok customization?!... - Blade & Soul Dojo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

armour/dobok customization?!... Rate Topic: -----

Poll: armour/dobok customization?!... (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want this feature to be implemented?

1. yes (10 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. no (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. i don't care (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   AMXtreme 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Validating
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 6:23 AM

Well i experienced in one year of playing AION everyday, the item paint(u can change the color of your items) and the total item graphic switch (u can make an item look like another but keep his stats) it would be great if only we would be able to paint our armors/doboks. What do you think about it? PS sorry for posting on wrong section .

This post has been edited by AMXtreme: Dec 24, 2012 - 6:24 AM

Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost...
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh!

User is offline   Nightsong 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:Adelyna
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 10:59 AM

No... it is pointless in Blade and Soul to be perfectly honest.

Your armor look (called the dobok in game) has no relation to what stats you have. The stats on your character are determined by the bo-pae system.

So... every dobok looks different and you can switch them out to whatever outfit you feel like wearing.

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 12:06 PM

As Nightsong allready mentioned, there is absolutly no need to change the appearance of doboks as they provide no stats at all.

The only thing where doboks provide a purpose other then looks is with the PvP/Faction doboks that let you attack certain NPC's other players wearing enemy the faction dobok.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 9:15 PM

View PostNightsong, on Dec 24, 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

So... every dobok looks different and you can switch them out to whatever outfit you feel like wearing.

But you can not use PvE dobok for PvP (faction wars), right? So remodeling PvP dobok is needed.

User is offline   Dyshana 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Mimelia
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostZenek, on Dec 24, 2012 - 9:15 PM, said:

But you can not use PvE dobok for PvP (faction wars), right? So remodeling PvP dobok is needed.

No it is not. If everyone could remodel his Doboks especially the PvP ones, it would be a mess on Battlefields. Remodelling for PvE or just idleing is pointless like Nightsong and Aari already mentioned, for PvP it probably would create way too much chaos. And assuming that you join mass pvp with other players, i doubt you have much time to watch your chars look anyways :p

User is offline   Tae-yeon 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Locationcurrently the United States
  • Race:Gon
  • Guild:looking

Posted Dec 25, 2012 - 12:19 AM

remodeling appearances on armor is only worthwhile if the armor grants you stats or some kind of buff...in blade & soul, your clothing is just the look and other than having to wear something for your bopae and accessories take effect, there isn't anything forcing you to wear a certain set of clothing so you can wear whatever you like. pvp clothing is made specifically for pvp so you can tell who wants to fight and who wants to be left alone. obviously the red text tells people you want to fight but the clothing is easier to notice because some people don't want to have character names and npc names all over their UI ( user inferface). clothing has no stats or buffs so you can wear whatever you want. for pvp, there are 2-3 costumes per faction so you have 4-6 different looking costumes in pvp depending which set you allied with so you can tell who wants to fight and who does not. the developers and designers made that system specifically to stop random ganking and that type of thing. like dyshana said, like you could see or even care what someone is wearing during a group pvp battle, all you notice are the red and blue name tags. its a waste of time and effort to make a re-model feature for a game that doesn't require everyone who is at the level cap to look the same, you can wear whatever clothing/costume you like so why do you need to re-model anything? i would understand the need for the re-model system if armor has stats or buff and it had a set look so you would want to re model to look individualized but this is Blade & Soul, you can wear almost anything you like without worrying about stats associated with the look because your stats and buffs come for your weapon, bopae, and your accessories. color dyes are an insult to Hyung Tae KIm artistic style in my opinion, he worked very hard on the designs and concepts of each costume. changing it in any ways is an insult to his hard work, if you don't like it, don't wear it otherwise, just deal with his choices because you like his art style and designs.

User is offline   Laner 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:AizenTaichou
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 25, 2012 - 2:40 AM

I don't think so either. The color schemes already in game are very nice and I never had something I wanted to change color.

I would think it'd be a cool idea for weapons though...
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 25, 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostDyshana, on Dec 24, 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

No it is not. If everyone could remodel his Doboks especially the PvP ones, it would be a mess on Battlefields. Remodelling for PvE or just idleing is pointless like Nightsong and Aari already mentioned, for PvP it probably would create way too much chaos. And assuming that you join mass pvp with other players, i doubt you have much time to watch your chars look anyways :p

Orientate in PvP is player's skill base. I do not see any potential chaos factor.

And I will have a lot of time because I play only for PvP.

View PostTae-yeon, on Dec 25, 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

like dyshana said, like you could see or even care what someone is wearing during a group pvp battle, all you notice are the red and blue name tags. its a waste of time and effort to make a re-model feature for a game that doesn't require everyone who is at the level cap to look the same, you can wear whatever clothing/costume you like so why do you need to re-model anything?

Here is the issue - as PvP-er I can not wear all the time costume what I do like because of my main activity - PvP. And stats is same important as character apperance for me.

That why I vote for remodeling system, because all what I can do is swamp files and breaking EULA at the same time - I do not like mod MMO games.

Also that is one of the reason why I'm, against this whole dobok-PvP system,

User is offline   polednik 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Mar 23, 2013 - 1:51 PM

Well as Zenek said, I am pvp player too so I think i'll wear my pvp dobok for most of the time. I can't be sure in this cuz i didn't played BnS yet. But I think it would be nice if i can remodel/switch the pve skin dobok with my pvp. If it makes chaos in pvp? I don't think so. Correct me if I am wrong, but if you wear your pvp dobok, your nickname color changes, am I right? I think that is the main cognitive signs of pvp player, I don't think that you can see what player wear when he is like 100meter far from you, but I am sure you will see his RED nick. So that is the reason why I vote for "yes" in remodeling dobok skins. Maybe there will be more pvp doboks in future of BnS and remodeling feature will not be needed for me and other pvp players ^^

Also here is a question, contain BnS remodeling of weapons? I still can't find it :(
AION - Nexus - Elyos - Gladiator 60lvl - Debbie - INACTIVE
B&S - waiting for west realease - female char - Blade Master

]Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users