• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 11:00 PM

YEEEEES!!!!!

The first one was rich, console quality, full of lore, story customiation, and so many weapons (unlike mmorpgs). :yes:
Who's ready for it!?

To be completely honest B&S can take as long as it wants, Dark Souls has all the weapon types and all the creepy horror I love in games.

It's literally the reincarnation of Ghouls N Ghosts! :love: :love: :love:

Spike is too greedy to let the trailer stay up on any video sites so there's only GIFs. Found these 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

:joss_stick:
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Blissed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNYC
  • Character:KR:Feisty CN:Gandalf
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 12:40 AM

Dark Souls was one of the worst ports from console to the PC, waste of my $40, but don't get me wrong the game is great on the consoles, nevertheless it was unbearable on the PC.

I can see how devoted the PC community would be if they took the time to develop it for PC, then port it to the console. Just like the Witcher games, one of the best games I have ever played, with a huge fanbase that keeps it running.

This post has been edited by Blissed: Dec 08, 2012 - 12:40 AM

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 1:03 AM

The gaming industry has been backwards for a while now, as far as development goes.
Piracy is often what's to blame, but in reality the problem lies with service/quality in the games. Most quality PC games sell like cupcakes on Steam and other similar game hubs.
But console ports usually reek of low/poor quality or they retain the same console quality (Which frankly, isn't going to fly with the PC community); thus they never get the sales they could, unless they're enhanced properly for PC or modding is allowed (See the GTA series).

I hope the delay they have on the game, is more so they can properly adapt it for the PC platform.
However, few companies actually do that properly.

Anyway.
A new DS game is welcomed, but I'll likely get it for PS3 again, unless some miracle happens.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library
  • Character:Clockwork
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 1:58 AM

They confirmed that it's being developed for everything but the WiiU.

I liked Dark Souls and Demon Souls even though I never finished any of them (Have been working on that)

I hope that they take there time because there was alot of stuff that was suppose to be in Dark Souls and wasn't. I have high hopes for the game and hope they really put time into it and make it good....And fix the damn PvP and Co-op.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 9:59 PM

Two of the best games to grace us this generation. Demon Souls and Dark Souls are everything that current games should be striving for.

Immersive Gameplay
Gripping story (if you can find its hidden truths)
High quality production
A product that developers can actually put "Proudly Presents" before the title.

User is offline   Veritas 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Veritas
  • Guild:Wanderer

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hopefully this trailer doesn't get taken down.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 11:26 PM

Amazing trailer Veritas! :adore:
Not much one can take away from the trailer other than they won't butcher the series by "trying to be new."

Instead they'll give us more of what was great about the original Dark Souls. More worlds, more weapons, deeper strategies, more paths. More thought!

That's how you make sequels/prequels, giving us more of what was great about the original with a few new things. There's no need to try to completely remake the game and make it something completely different.

/rant over :laugh:

Ah I just can't wait to learn more about this sequel, what kinds of worlds we can expect, and I'm a weapons person, I really want to see what weapons we can expect, and how they'll make them this time. That's still Demon's Souls/Dark Souls second best aspect in my opinion, the number of weapons/fighting styles are limitless. I've seen ninjas, sorcerers, knight warriors, blunt/primitive warriors, Royal swordsmen (rapiers), even some insane meat cleaver people :laugh: The amount of customization just blows me away.

There just can't be enough praise for this series, props to Namco for following through. I'm ashamed that Sony didn't have the balls to the same for Demon's Souls at the time.
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Blissed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationNYC
  • Character:KR:Feisty CN:Gandalf

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 11:31 PM

hmmm, I wonder what would happen if they held back development for the next-gen consoles?
Which is something I hope for.

This post has been edited by Blissed: Dec 08, 2012 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Whos ready to die? I sure am~

User is offline   Lily~ 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 1:52 AM

All i want is two things from this game;

1)A bow that also functions as a melee weapon.
2)Fix lagstabs.

I kind of wish they would use the Demon souls travel system again, like with the 1-1,1-2 etc. archstones, but i don't see that happening.

Firelink shrine always felt so lonely :(
Posted Image¬Made by Aery¬

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 2:08 AM

I too wish for a clearer path or some marker or imminent clue of danger so that we avoid areas in which we're not supposed to be in.

I know open-world is for the player to explore but there's also a point where getting lost takes away from the game. My first playthrough was a real wander and could've been more enjoyable (like my second playthrough) if I had a better understanding of where to go.

I like both the open world of Dark Souls and the structured world of Demon's Souls at the end of the day.

I'm also puzzled like you Ururu, why hasn't there been a true archer system in DS where you can play with the bow/crossbow through and through?

User is offline   Exodus 

• Do you feel lucky, Punk?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationValhalla
  • Guild:♣ Lotus - 山 Leader ♣

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 11:37 AM

The trailer looks amazing
Can't wait for some gameplay footage

Posted Image
Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 12:19 PM

There was talk that there going to make the exploration a little easier for people this time around. Alot of people complained about running into the graveyard and dieing and thinking "So this is the game? damage sponges that 1 shot you?" Some even just quit and returned the game at that point because they also ran down into the ghost town.

IMO I like that there making the path a little more detailed on where to go but I hope they don't pull you by the hair. Like the criest fallen warrior can tell you that you should head up to the undead berg and such and then your going to want to head down. Nothing talking about the parish or blighttown and such, just info that dosen't direct you to the ghost town.

I also hope they fix the PvP and co op finder.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat”- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Posted Image
'Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 1:46 PM

That's great news Garzel. Fromsoftware is a smart company and they love their fans so I'm sure they'll make sure we have a clearer sense of direction this time around.

You should've seen me on my first playthrough...I went straight to Blightown and the swamp :laugh: then preceded to head towards the tree trunk level which leads to the dragon covenant lol...yeah I must have died a hundred times just in that journey from Blighttown to the dragon covenant dragon.

User is offline   Garzel 

• The Dragon Artificer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn my Library

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 3:00 PM

I didn't know you can get to ash lake from blighttown. Man i have put so much time into this game and still haven't seen everything
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 3:17 PM

lol yeah :laugh:

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 1:27 AM

I'm ready to die again! :misdoubt: :bowling:

Can't wait! Loved Demon Souls and Dark Souls.
Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Kogane

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 12:49 PM

Played Dark Souls on the PC and loved it. Course I also optimized it and used Motioninjoy so that I could play it with my PS3 controller.

While I'm mildly excited for the new DS I'm hoping to enjoy the DS1 servers longer than I did the Demon Souls servers. xD I got that game two months before the servers closed.
Posted Image

• View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 1:12 PM

Every playthrough is different and fun, you'll enjoy DS2 Kogane. Don't let the dying deter you from playing the game, after all that dying we learn to not fear it...it's funny :laugh:

User is offline   Spirits of Vengeance 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationUSA
  • Character:Antumbra
  • Guild:None right now :(

Posted Feb 06, 2013 - 10:19 PM

And once you learn not to fear death there is nothing in the game that can stop you. It's like a mental block everyone has that the soul series challenges you with.
Hello! I'm Spirits, the Assassin, your guide to the madness. Be like water my friend and you just may survive.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users