Ask Me Anything Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

User is offline   kennywu54 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSeoul, SKorea
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 9:20 PM

Hi everyone. I currently play all endgame content on my Destroyer. I PvE and PvP. If there are any questions about Destroyers feel free to post and I'll answer as best as I can.

User is offline   Fatal 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 9:44 PM

How does the destroyer single and multiple target dps compare to other classes?
What do you do to maximize it?

How well do destroyers scale with gear?

Do destroyers have to meticulously micromanage resources?

Is there any point while levelling that things get significantly easier or harder?

User is offline   Exodus 

• Do you feel lucky, Punk?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationValhalla
  • Guild:♣ Lotus - 山 Leader ♣

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 8:45 PM

Similar question with Fatal

• How much does a Destroyer contribute to a party for PvEing comparing to what the other classes bring to the table
  • Oh and How tanky is a Destroyer really? compared to the other classes? Is the difference big? or is it just gear/skill related tankyness

Posted Image
Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 3:36 PM

Same question as Exo, Ive seen some videos and it looks like Destroyers pretty good at supporting the team, using their grapple get heavy damaging combos off in PvE~

User is offline   kennywu54 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSeoul, SKorea
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 09, 2012 - 5:54 AM

View PostFatal, on Dec 06, 2012 - 9:44 PM, said:

How does the destroyer single and multiple target dps compare to other classes?
What do you do to maximize it?

How well do destroyers scale with gear?

Do destroyers have to meticulously micromanage resources?

Is there any point while levelling that things get significantly easier or harder?

I will do these one at a time :)
1. Multiple target DPS is best in game along with the new Lyn Blade Master. No one can argue this. The Destroyer's Whirl Wind ability will absolutely crush enemies, especially if you talent into the first two skills which give a 400% defense increase and movement speed increase. Single target DPS is lower than every other class. But there is a bug/glitch which requires timing that will allow us to output huge amounts of damage in a short period of time. This single target DPS is hard to match by any other class. It took me a few weeks to perfect this technique. Basically, a Destroyer's swings take a long time and the period between their swings takes even longer. But this technique calls for a swing cancel animation. You can see it here.

2. Like all other classes gear makes this game. Skill only takes you so far.

3. Yes, but not their damage or damage mitigation IMO. I really have to manage my stun, knockdowns, and grab cool-down while raiding. I've wiped our party more than a few time because of a missed knockdown or grab.

4. As a Destroyer, leveling is easy. To kill X number of mobs, just gather them and spin. :P

View PostExodus, on Dec 07, 2012 - 8:45 PM, said:

Similar question with Fatal

• How much does a Destroyer contribute to a party for PvEing comparing to what the other classes bring to the table
  • Oh and How tanky is a Destroyer really? compared to the other classes? Is the difference big? or is it just gear/skill related tankyness

In my experience, a Destroyer in almost mandatory in every party due to the fact that they can knock down and grab/hold bosses. When I hold a boss, other party members can unleash loads of damage. This makes dungeons so much easier than if a Destroyer didn't come. The new Lyn Blade Master can also hold, too. But they can't throw a boss into the air for juggling abilities. A Destroyer coupled with a Kung Fu Master is unbelievable. After holding a boss for 6 seconds of DPS, the Destroyer throws the boss into the air for ~4 more seconds of damage, then the KFM grabs the boss and holds him/her on the ground for ~4 more seconds of DPS. During this whole time (~14 seconds) there is no damage coming from the boss to the party. A skilled Destroyer can do this plus DPS with the best of them.

Typically a Destroyer doesn't tank. That is left to the Sword Master who can parry and KFM that can counter. With high Defense a Destroyer can tank. But they usually are in the role of support due to holding the boss. To be a tank, one must output the most damage and it's hard to do that when the other party members are unloading on the boss as the Destroyer just stands there while holding bosses. That being said, there are plenty of times that a tank has dies and I've taken over using my spin for high defense and shield/invulnerability skills to avoid damage. But to do this you must know the bosses moves and when their abilities are going to hit you while reacting to them which means there is skill involved.

This post has been edited by kennywu54: Dec 08, 2012 - 9:30 PM

User is offline   Vhex 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Vhex
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Guildless atm.

Posted Dec 13, 2012 - 1:17 AM

How are you doing that auto attack cancel glitch?

Want to try it out on a destroyer.
Posted Image

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Dec 13, 2012 - 1:20 AM

Rightclick -> Leftclick -> Rightclick -> Leftclick
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Vhex 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Vhex
  • Guild:Guildless atm.

Posted Dec 13, 2012 - 1:23 AM

Oh, that seems easy enough thanks :3

This post has been edited by Vhex: Dec 13, 2012 - 1:23 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Maliken 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Maliken
  • Guild:No Girl Alliance

Posted Dec 13, 2012 - 8:10 PM

I have a lv 40 Destroyer and I am very confused about the skills tree and which one I should upgrade.
So I would like to know if it is possible for you to post a link or screenshot for Destroyer in PVE build and PVP build please?

Sorry for double posting, right now I can't make my choice between playing BM , Destroyer or LBM as my main.
Can you give me some advice please what are the main roles of these classes?

Last question , how well does Destroyer PVP against other classes?

This post has been edited by Maliken: Dec 13, 2012 - 8:15 PM

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Dec 14, 2012 - 2:24 AM

I cant give you a skilltree but I can at least tell you the roles of the classes you asked for.

BM: The primary Tank in this game. Also has quite decent damage. A lot more static gameplay as you can not move while using your parry skill for example. You of course have the sidemove skills like E and Q.

Destroyer: Groupsupport, Boss Control. Mainly a support Role in Group Play. Stun or Knockdown Bosses to grapple them making all other players restore 2 Chi per attack giving them the possiblity to spam their main DPS skill like crazy.

LBM: Less Groupsupport/Synergy, more DPS then Destroyer. Can also Force Choke (Works same as grapple of destro) bosses but has less synergy in groupplay as a destroyer has, can't throw the boss into the air so a KFM can instant mount the boss afterwards

Destroyers do quite well in PvP against most classes. High survivability, self heal, stun imunity while spinning and decent DMG when grappling your enemy. Force Masters are probably be their weakest matchup.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Maeko 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Character:Jizzbak
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Dec 17, 2012 - 2:08 AM

Hey! Glad to see your post, I'm asking a lot of questions about the Destroyer!

Story time: Since I saw the first trailer of BnS, I was thinking "Waaaaaah! Blade Master is totally for me"! KR release is for me a sort of test about all classes until it will be released in EU. I played my BM to max level. Kung Fu Master is also a great class! I really love it. I won't speak about the others 'cause it's not my gameplay at all.

What do I love with BM? He's very fast, combo's are delicious. He's a really great DPS and Tank.

What do I love with KFM? Combo's are hot! He's Technicity is pretty awesome. I love challenges, I love KFM.

I know you can't answer to this but I'm asking "Is the Destroyer made for me?" And I got some questions about that.

Is there any challenge to play it?

PvP - Every video I watched, Destroyer's suffering by all classes (specially by BM and KFM). I heard that he got a loooooot of HP but he can't really do good damages.

HL PvE - Is he only considered like an excellent Support in a party (Hang bosses, mobs position)? I know that you hang a boss, all party members got a fabulous chi regeneration and make more damage.

Skill - Some weeks ago, I saw a Destroyer's gameplay. He was in a solo dungeon, running very fast, jump and scratch the floor like a giant ball with his shield O_O. What's that?

I think it's ok for now. Thanks for all!
Posted Image

User is offline   Dyshana 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Mimelia

Posted Dec 19, 2012 - 5:05 PM

I would like to ask Questions about some skilltree options if its ok, since Google Translator didnt help me for those completly. Basically i just need to know what exactly they do.

If you open the skill Tree. The first Tier, the last skill. I think you can carry party members or something like that when they are knockdowned? Cause i played mostly solo till now i couldnt really figure that one out.
Same Tier, 4th Skill. I couldnt figure out yet what those 20% or 30% when you put in both Points actually do.

Tier 5, Skill 7 for LB Key. I have no clue what it does. Same goes for the last Skill in that Tier for the 1 Key after grabbing someone.

If you could be so nice and explain me those i would really appreciate it. Ty in advance :p

Edit: Found out what they do by myself so you can ignore this post :p Would be good tho if we actually can get ppl to translate the skill trees in understandable english not just Google Translated one lol

This post has been edited by Dyshana: Dec 24, 2012 - 11:52 PM

User is offline   Maliken 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Maliken
  • Guild:No Girl Alliance

Posted Dec 24, 2012 - 3:36 AM

I'm trying to master the swing cancel animation technique but I was only able to do it twice in the row can you give me a suggestion how to do it smoothly plz??

I knew it wasn't only just L click -> R click it has to do something with timing

Edit: I just figured it out the way to do it is constantly hitting L click > R click -> L click -> R click but your fingers must be super fast to make the combo works

Kennywu54 is it possible for u post a screenshot of the skill tree for PVE and PVP build for destroyer please?

This post has been edited by Maliken: Dec 22, 2012 - 9:17 PM

User is offline   Naom 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Location태산북두
  • Character:HimeNaomiah
  • Guild:Loli

Posted Dec 27, 2012 - 4:21 AM

View Postkennywu54, on Dec 06, 2012 - 9:20 PM, said:

Hi everyone. I currently play all endgame content on my Destroyer. I PvE and PvP. If there are any questions about Destroyers feel free to post and I'll answer as best as I can.

can you tell which stats
are most needed for a destoryer
while leveling/soloing/at cap ???
i was trying to get crit...and stuff
but dunno, it seems pretty crapy...
Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Dec 30, 2012 - 5:41 AM

I think most Destroyers i saw try to maximize the Critrate with BoPaes, for accessorys and stuff all go Critdamage and Attackpower. Seems to be the right way for now at least :p

User is offline   Kuran1s 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Location~~ =.= ~~ *meditating* in the DOJO!
  • Character:TBA
  • Guild:TBA

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 2:47 PM

Hmm... I've now found myself in wonder. :shakehead: But I shall ask. I have a some questions on my mind. :joss_stick:

1. Is there any BoPaes' that Increase Defense or Evasion? Out of curiosity :feel_good:

2. Is there Sockets on Weapons' that can Increase Defense or Evasion? that...

3. With the right amount of Defense... Could a Destroyer be able to mitigate... damage from a enemy / boss? Or

4. With the help of a Buff ( food or potion that raises Defense ), makes you Invincible for a few seconds?

5. ^ With enough Dodge Rating, Be able to Evade MOST ( Maybe... All ) of all skills, mainly from a boss, from his enemy?

& with having a create-able shield :misdoubt: , 6. Can the shield have an Increased amount of Damage Absorption? or

7. Does the shield have a Fixed amount of Damage Absorption that CAN'T be increased. I do like the healing the shield can give though, thought that was cool. :feel_good:

Happy New Year & to Any / All Replies = Thank You. :feel_good: :joss_stick:

User is offline   Abuse 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationBournemouth, UK
  • Guild:Hazard

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 2:59 PM

Can you write something about end game pvp?

Do you pvp for raid bosses? For fun? For honour? Are there clan versus clan fights (i.e. open world).

Is there a point for pvp at all? That's what interests me the most - is there anything to fight for.
Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 3:30 PM

Well i am still a noob when it comes to Destroyers only played for a few weeks now but i try to answer what i know.

1. Is there any BoPaes' that Increase Defense or Evasion?

Simply, yes there are. For example the Bo Pae from the lvl 30 Worldboss increases Defense. And many BoPaes in Endgame seems to get randomized Base Stats (Set bonus is fixed tho) so yes you can get a defense or evasion one.

2. Is there Sockets on Weapons' that can Increase Defense or Evasion?

Yes there are :p Diamonds to my knowledge are mostly increasing Base Stats, so there are some for Evasion or Defense as well.

3. With the right amount of Defense... Could a Destroyer be able to mitigate... damage from a enemy / boss?

Now the part starts where i can only suggest since i didnt try it out. I dont know how high you actually can bring up your Defense stat, but in combination with high HP i guess you can reduce the damage you get from many bosses to a part where you dont need to worry that fast about Pots or something.

4. With the help of a Buff ( food or potion that raises Defense ), makes you Invincible for a few seconds?

I really doubt that. Just because i doubt you can raise your defense stat to a level where you dont recieve any damage anymore even only for a few seconds. Then again, after the last big patch they changed our Shield which grants us (when points spent for it) a 200% Defense boost for a few seconds, so with high base Defense and that buff i might be doable. Would be worth testing out once. Maybe i give it a shot somepoint but atm i more focused on my Blademaster.

5. With enough Dodge Rating, Be able to Evade MOST ( Maybe... All ) of all skills, mainly from a boss, from his enemy?

Well same as i said at 3. You probably can evade all skills, or well most skills, if the evasion 'procs' but i dont think you can put it to a level where you just nearly dont get hit at all as destroyer. Then again, without really testing it nothings for 100%.

6. Can the shield have an Increased amount of Damage Absorption?

To my understanding the shield doesnt 'absorb' damage and there is no stat that can be increased or decreased there. The shield is there for a few seconds, healing you as long as its up (if it breaks your heal is gone as well, got made that way with last big patch), taking an amount of hits ( i think i read somehwere its based on your rage but could be a misstranslation from google as well) and after your heal is up it breaks automatically. Bosses have some attacks tho which can break it instantly as well or if you take too much hits i guess. I hope some more experienced Destroyer can clear that up :p I guess that covers question 7 as well already :P

Hope i could help a bit at least.

User is offline   Kuran1s 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Location~~ =.= ~~ *meditating* in the DOJO!
  • Character:TBA
  • Guild:TBA

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 3:49 PM

Thanks a bundle :joss_stick: I'm thinking on testing myself once B&S is in the West. So, appreciate your effort to clerify. :feel_good: :big_smile:

User is offline   Sheru 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:野生猫
  • Class:Summoner
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Jan 01, 2013 - 6:09 PM

View PostAbuse, on Jan 01, 2013 - 2:59 PM, said:

Can you write something about end game pvp?

Do you pvp for raid bosses? For fun? For honour? Are there clan versus clan fights (i.e. open world).

Is there a point for pvp at all? That's what interests me the most - is there anything to fight for.

It's really sad to say, but the design of open World PvP and faction vs faction war is a big failure atm.

I can explain what kind of PvP exists.

First you have no duel function every kind of PvP is based on the Doboku system.
For this there exist 4 diffrent pairs.

1. militia vs pirate (<- you will get both dobokus)

2. group 1 vs group 2 (I dont know how they are called in english) (you will get both dobokus one must be found by killing mobs of group 2)

3. again a grouppair which I don't know how to call them. One of them are translated as Imperials but I don't know if it's right. those of the Imperials can befound by killing mobs of this group. the opposite group I don't know how to get that.

4. the last group is the faction you choose blue lawful league vs red chaos league (<- you can only choose one side at the same time but you can change it if you are not in a guild and your PvP rank will be resetted).

For 1. and 4, there exist "PvP-Quests" where you have to kill mobs of the other faction. For 4. they added a kill quest for killing other players on the last continent of the game but it only ends in a zerg. One side is staying infront of the camp of the opposite faction. The campfaction will pull one of the players staying in front of them because they will get support of their npcs and kill the one player. One side goes down and it will go the other way round.

As you can see, I can only hit other ones if I wear one of those PvP Dobokus and my enemy wears the exact opposite of this doboku. Also if you get ganked you won't often get the chance to take revenge because most will take their doboku off, so you can't hit him/her anymore.

Also with option 4 you gather souls by killing other players. But you can only gather 30 souls than you have to give them to an npc. Those souls push your PvP ranking (but it's also pushed by those dailys, although you only kill npcs) and it pushes the point of the guild to lvl it up. With an higher PvP rank you are able to buy weapons and acc for gold but those are really crappy (except the necklace thats a good one), while doing PvE you get better gear for PvP atm (what a big failure right :D?).

For what are you doing those dailys?
You are doing them to get an important craftmaterial. Crafting is really important in this game. For example: NPCs don't sell any identification scroll to identify weapons or something. Those rolls are a craft. but for those Crafts you need the craftmaterial of those dailys.

Something like Siegefights don't exist in the game. They announced a 36 vs 36 Arena with the next upcoming updates, but they didn't tell how the mechanic of this area will work.

Actually on Test Servers there exists 1vs1 and 3vs3 ranked Arenas. If there are any rewards I can't tell until it gets live on KR Servers.

This post has been edited by Sorachan: Jan 01, 2013 - 6:09 PM

Serverregion: 电信二区 (active)
Server:飞龙逐日
Main Char: 野生猫 Summoner lvl 45 blue faction

KR Server: 태산북두 (inactive)
Main Char: Sherufanir Summoner lvl 50 red faction

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users