• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 5:52 AM

i think they change will be : in the last boss of raids when is dead the drop rate will be all party recive a weapon , or 100% they will make more easy the bosses , who want that , not me for sure.

[quote name='NCSoft']
The game is already in its finished form in the original Korean-language version[/quote]
why they dont make a cbt or obt , and if players say something about gameplay or drop rate , exp , etc they read that and before the game release they make that changes , not now , not when no one have play the EU/US Servers.

[quote name='NCSoft']Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America[/quote]
in what ? im not from korean and the gameplay i saw and play was unique and fun , so don't make any conclusions before time.

This post has been edited by LightningKiller: Dec 06, 2012 - 5:53 AM

User is offline   Dobijasek 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 8:35 AM

Few month ago everyone scared for that Nexon will touch B&S (we know what that mean...).
Now it looks like that NCSoft may not be better.:gloomy:

This post has been edited by Dobijasek: Dec 06, 2012 - 8:35 AM

User is offline   Litchi 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationGermany,
  • Character:Litchi
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 8:39 AM

god people stop crying like little babys!

you dont even know if and what kind of changes are they making, so chill
and give them a chance. they not stupid and know what to do

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 8:57 AM

View PostLitchi, on Dec 06, 2012 - 8:39 AM, said:

Good one! You nearly got me there, haha.

More srsly now... Thats what people said about other publishers as well. EME is a prime example of the most recent one. Many publishers have tought us that they actually do not know all to much of what they are doing so I can definitly understand peoples fear.

Edit: However, you are of course right about overreacting and crying before anything has happened. But I can still understand people that have their fears.

This post has been edited by Aari: Dec 06, 2012 - 8:59 AM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 8:58 AM

Maybe not stupid...but they aren't exactly giving us the impression that they're willing to give us half the credit you'd like us to give them.

I apologize but after being rather jaded from various experiences I can understand why everyone is so easily bothered by the sound of this. More often than not a lot of unnecessary changes in games occur because of assumptions like 'This is too hard for the average American gamer'.

Considering the only people whom would truly be concerned about this kind of thing are those whom wish to make money off of the game---you might understand why so many feel cheapened by the act.

This isn't to say that I don't understand the logic---I very well do: In order for a game to be successful people have to be willing to play it. If the audience you're trying to sell something to finds something too difficult and thus 'rage quit' because they're unable to adapt---that's a loss in profit.

But then what of all the others whom actually WANT a challenge? Isn't that what skill based games are all about?

No I don't know what they intend to change---but their tone suggests balance in a way that implies that they're tuning the game in a way that we're more accustomed to. Quite frankly this is a common thing in the video game industry as well. If BnS WAS made easier for the sake of those whom aren't participating on the Korean server---It wouldn't be the first time as this has happened in just about every genre of video-game both offline and online for years.

So don't be so surprised that many will take offense.

It's a logical assumption---an assumption all the same, but still it's one that can be expected.

We can only hope that NCsoft won't do what many other companies have done.

Even though for the most part I don't see much trust in the ability (Or knowledge) of their player-base to be.
Posted Image

User is offline   Supershaser 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Supershaser
  • Guild:None yet

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 9:11 AM

I just hope the western development team reads this thread or similar threads with player's opinions, so they actually know what the gamers want. Does anyone know if they actually visit this forum for info?

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 9:31 AM

View PostSupershaser, on Dec 06, 2012 - 9:11 AM, said:

I just hope the western development team reads this thread or similar threads with player's opinions, so they actually know what the gamers want. Does anyone know if they actually visit this forum for info?

I dont know if they visit this forum for this kind of information. However they do work together with the dojo, as seen in the Official Cosplay contest.
They have also opened a thread http://www.bladeands...ions-ideas-etc/ in this forum asking for suggestions for their official site. Wich is actually quite awesome.
The account who that made the post was Last Active: Sep 25, 2012 - 7:16 PM, so that account vists the forum every now and then. Of course they dont need to log into that account to view posts and stuff, so you shouldnt take that for granted when they visited the last time :)

This post has been edited by Aari: Dec 06, 2012 - 9:37 AM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 10:26 AM

I fully understand NCSofts concerns. A game that has players going "it's to hard" and thusly quit, means no money.

There are plenty of gamers who don't care how long it takes them to reach level cap, they just want a fun, pretty, social game. In fact, I'd say that's what the majority want. Beable to log in, chat easily with online friends as well as making new ones, while having a bit of fun killing the mobs.

Sadly, they're not the vocal minority. However, the vocal minority tends to sway people, not to mention, lead people. They quit, start taking friends with them, people see it and follow.

That said, I wish they'd start CBT for the western audience, keep all the same, and have a patch on the ready with a few possible changes, that they may or may not need.

User is offline   Lithia 

• ~ Mirage Fractal Butterfly ~
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • Character:Lithia / Cerez
  • Guild:Odyssey

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Considering the fact that the dojo is now, more or less, in sea with NCWest,
there IS a chance that NC will consider what is being said here.
If anything, we could compile a list of feedback pointer to send to NC with ideas of how to "balance" the game
for the west. NC does seem to just "assume" they know what's best,
but I reckon the voice of "the people" bears at least some weight as well.
It could even save NC some work, if played right.

Aside from this, I get the idea that the localization is going slower than anticipated.
The way they formulate this update "reads" kind of....fishy, but that might just be me.
I'm not saying its bad per se, I prefer to have an 'as-much-as-possible' optimal game,
but maybe a beta is further away that we had secretly hoped.

I also strongly hope that NCWest, for the first time, considers part of the player-base's wishes
of keeping the original voice-over work in the game.
Every MMO always sees dubbed voices that rarely hold a candle to the original works, then EULA regulations
state that I cannot alter my game and if I do, then I'd be doing something illegal and I could even be fined for it....
all because I just want my game to be as fun and enjoyable as possible.

Dual-audio is a small feat and could make many players much happier.

With this said, I guess I will go back to my warm seat and wait for more info to come, probably later, rather than sooner...

- Lith. ...Review.

User is offline   Sogeking 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Freaking whiners on facebook...HAPPY NOW ?!?! :sweats:

User is offline   Gurack 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostAari, on Dec 06, 2012 - 1:57 AM, said:

Lvling in B&S is allready faster or at least the same speed to hit max lvl in the Korean Version then it is in Tera. If they make it even faster, we are gonna have a bad time.

To the other things, I also really really hope they dont nerf it down like EME did with Tera. But it was not only nerfing content to no end, EME also destroyed Tera with all the other changes they did, messing around with mechanics and removing Key-Elements that used to be in place in KTera, making Tera a lot less enjoyable.

I really hope that NCSoft will not make the same mistake. Currently, I dont see any problem with the level speed (It could even be slower imo), overall difficulty of the game or gear "grind".
As with the current content, talking about PvE only now, B&S offers ways to get gear for all kinds of people. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer, you dont need to have a group. B&S offers a great way to aquire gear even if you are solo, while not giving solo players to much of an advantage as they will have to grind a lot more for what a group will be able to get.
As an example, Pohwaran 4/6 and Stormy Pohwaran (Open "Raid" dungeon). While you do not need a group for Stormy Pohwaran and you can just go in there alone it will take you a lot longer to get the perfect weapon out of that dungeon, simply due to Pohwaran not spawning as fast as a solo group would clear Pohwaran 4 man. Additionally to that the weapons in Pohwaran 4man have a higher chance to more damage on them compared to the Stormy Pohwaran ones. But a solo player can still get the same gear as the group players at that stage of the game.

I really dislike this sentence at it allready implies that they will make changes depending on how NCWest thinks its best. I don't think they have any feedback from western players about the game and might do the same mistakes EME did, changing game elements without knowledge about the game.
For some reason western develepors think that gamestyle of Asian and Western Gamers differ greatly, wich is actually not the case, at least not in my opinion.
The biggest difference between Asia and West is, and im sad to say this, the community. Usually Western communities are a lot more whiny compared to Asia. Koreans especially, adapt a lot more to what happens in the game while Western people tend to rather go into the forum and whine about it.

Well said and I agree. The scenery in BnS zones is to beautiful to just breeze through without a single look. One thing I wouldn't mind however them altering is those early crowded (maybe later areas as well) where you have to loot plants or items on the ground. This however may not be an issue depending on channel amount. It is however generally not very pleasant to have 5-10 people camping a single respawn for an item. Some unpleasant memories from other mmos.

This post has been edited by Gurack: Dec 06, 2012 - 12:30 PM

User is offline   screech 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 12:48 PM

NCsoft West
The game is already in its finished form in the original Korean-language version, but bringing Blade & Soul to the West involves more than simply translating the text and recording new dialogue. Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America. Addressing considerations like these takes time and NCSOFT® is committed to doing it right--without sacrificing any of the elements that make Blade & Soul as popular as it continues to be in Korea.

Are you shitting me?
Haha, oh wow, and I seriously thought that everything was going to be okay and that they knew what they were doing.
Now I won't be able to sleep until they actually SPECIFY what the hell are they planning to shit on.
Some might say that I'm acting like a butthurt faggot, but I've heard crap like this before, and I don't like it.

View PostLithia, on Dec 06, 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Considering the fact that the dojo is now, more or less, in sea with NCWest,
there IS a chance that NC will consider what is being said here.
If anything, we could compile a list of feedback pointer to send to NC with ideas of how to "balance" the game
for the west.

I also strongly hope that NCWest, for the first time, considers part of the player-base's wishes
of keeping the original voice-over work in the game.

Also, this. This so much.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Censorship + changes for casuals - what else they can do?

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 1:53 PM

View Postscreech, on Dec 06, 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

NCsoft West
The game is already in its finished form in the original Korean-language version, but bringing Blade & Soul to the West involves more than simply translating the text and recording new dialogue. Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America. Addressing considerations like these takes time and NCSOFT® is committed to doing it right--without sacrificing any of the elements that make Blade & Soul as popular as it continues to be in Korea.

Are you shitting me?
Haha, oh wow, and I seriously thought that everything was going to be okay and that they knew what they were doing.
Now I won't be able to sleep until they actually SPECIFY what the hell are they planning to shit on.
Some might say that I'm acting like a butthurt faggot, but I've heard crap like this before, and I don't like it.

Also, this. This so much.

Actually. I would say there's a difference between the western and asian playerbase.

Don't let these forums fool you. We're here because we want the game, and more than likely could handle any sort of grind. But other players, the ones that might pick up the game, but wouldn't likely get on the forums except to complain or at the very least, not untill the game was released on the western front, is a beast all of it's own.

What they likely mean is they want to beable to cater to the casual player, while having something to maintain the hardcore player. None of which will be an easy feat. I'll say it again, they should just release the game as is, have a few patches on the ready, and see how it goes.

If the patches are ready but not implemented, they can then see reather quickly, if they need to release the patch to keep the playerbase in game or know "Hey! They're liking it!"

They should maybe try to get some general opinions in game, and not listen strictly to the forums (which I hope they never do, but sometimes it feels like it)

User is offline   Chronas 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationTexas
  • Character:Hezrou
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 2:41 PM

View PostNekuraba, on Dec 06, 2012 - 1:29 AM, said:

I capped in Tera in like a week =/ god I hope its not like that. >_>

This. I also hit cap in gw2 in about three days WHILE working. Grinding in most games nowadays is a joke. Hell, Aion nowadays you can cap in 5 days even afking half the day and working. And people STILL say its too hard to grind?

Please don't turn B&S into a "cap in a week" grind with millions of players at endgame and knowing nothing on how to play - much less how to play their class....

the nightmares....

THE NIGHTMARES!
Posted Image

User is offline   Surgam 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationReality
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 2:43 PM

At least now we know why any progress on the game is going to take even longer than most of us originally anticipated. They're too busy wrestling with preconceived notions of what the average western gamer will like...

User is offline   screech 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 2:45 PM

View PostBrandX, on Dec 06, 2012 - 1:53 PM, said:

Actually. I would say there's a difference between the western and asian playerbase.

Don't let these forums fool you. We're here because we want the game, and more than likely could handle any sort of grind. But other players, the ones that might pick up the game, but wouldn't likely get on the forums except to complain or at the very least, not untill the game was released on the western front, is a beast all of it's own.

What they likely mean is they want to beable to cater to the casual player, while having something to maintain the hardcore player. None of which will be an easy feat. I'll say it again, they should just release the game as is, have a few patches on the ready, and see how it goes.

If the patches are ready but not implemented, they can then see reather quickly, if they need to release the patch to keep the playerbase in game or know "Hey! They're liking it!"

They should maybe try to get some general opinions in game, and not listen strictly to the forums (which I hope they never do, but sometimes it feels like it)

I didn't say that they're the same, in fact there is a huge fucking difference, in my opinion.
I was just pissed off when I considered that they might nerf the game all the way to retard-mode.
I'm also no "hardcore gamer", but reaching level cap within one week would certainly make me a "bit" mad.

Plus, now that you mention, I totally forgot about patches and crap like that. Shame on me, I suppose.
I also have this "localization" grudge of some sort, so all this talk about recording new voices kinda sets me on fire too.

I never said that they should listen this forum's every-damn-command, because again, there is a huge fucking difference between asian and western gamers, especially since the latter is a bitch to please, at least from what I've seen. I just want them to at least create a poll or some shit so people can actually VOTE on what they want, and everyone lives happily ever after. Except the ones who didn't win the poll.

User is offline   spencerBAXLEY 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGA, USA
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Bladefall [BDF]

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 3:26 PM

I honestly don't care about how long it takes to level—a week, a month, doesn't matter. I see leveling as simply a way to get storyline out of the game. If the storyline is good (which most people have said it is) then it won't matter really how long it takes. If it's bland and uninteresting people will just want to rush through it. My main concern is end-game content—its amount and its difficulty.

User is offline   Nekuraba 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 3:39 PM

View PostspencerBAXLEY, on Dec 06, 2012 - 3:26 PM, said:

I honestly don't care about how long it takes to level—a week, a month, doesn't matter. I see leveling as simply a way to get storyline out of the game. If the storyline is good (which most people have said it is) then it won't matter really how long it takes. If it's bland and uninteresting people will just want to rush through it. My main concern is end-game content—its amount and its difficulty.

Yea the trailer looked really good and made me wanna play the story, who cares how slow you lvl if the gameplay is fun and story is good people would play for months-years regardless.

User is offline   kyo7763 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Locationwww.twitch.tv/kyo7763
  • Guild:Team EZ

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 5:23 PM

Hopefully they make the 1v1 arena .. more than 1v1 ... rated games for 3v3 4v4 and 5v5 are what people want. Until people realize this for games outside guild wars no one will stick to an MMO for a long period of time without competition at all levels... I mean come on.. Guild Wars developers are even hired by NCSoft.. They should know this by now.

To people complaining about level cap.. I can't imagine that staying around long with this game.. People capped Lyn blade masters in less than 24 after they were patched in. So taking out the factors of easily accessible consumables, item upgrades etc it will probably take 2, 3 days max for people. Though, I still imagine a day and a half being what will happen for those doing Prime attempts.

I do grow tired of this "westernization" companies continue to cry about though. They say things more than translation are needed but I don't think it occurs to them what is actually wanted. I mean, we all know how 1 year of westernization went for Aion, Tera etc. It'd honestly be better to have the game itself directly translated than worthless developers who can't do anything correctly. I've offered help to developers many a time in Tera, they took my suggestions but of course did nothing with it. No wonder all the high rated leaderboard players quit within 2 weeks of the patch. Stale, boring, easy. Avoid these things and listen to the players..That's what they need to do. (I suppose I'll add that it was mainly myself and one other specific player who constantly talked to community managers from EME. We gave them blatant examples of why the game is on a downward spiral in comparison to its korean counterpart and they did nothing. It wasn't like we were talking to GMs .. Some publishers just do their job poorly and NCWest has not proven themselves much more capable. Thus, I hope they obtain some logic and rationality in the near future otherwise it will just another fringe game in the west)

I do very much hope for the 3v3 4v4 and 5v5 implementation of rated tournaments though. I'll stream top content for others if it's implemented, otherwise there will be limited PvP in this game and I probably won't stick around too long... Sadly, the same for other top arena players :(

(p.s: (i cant read*) Simply by posting on a forum does not mean you're much different than a casual...)

This post has been edited by kyo7763: Dec 06, 2012 - 5:31 PM

LBM gameplay can be found on my stream. Team EZ

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users