Blade & Soul Dojo: PvP and PvE Gear - Blade & Soul Dojo

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PvP and PvE Gear Rate Topic: -----

#1
User is offline   7thseeker 

  • Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: Nov 27, 2012
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 5:34 AM

Hello guyz!

I would like to know something more about PvE and PvP gear in Blade and Soul.

How the PvE gear influence the PvP?

Have we 2 kinds of different gears (one for PvP and another for PvE)?

How the gears and the drops works?

I m a bit confused^^

Thanks !
0

#2
User is offline   Janshi 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 391
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 6:04 AM

There is not such a clear break between pvp and pve gear in BnS like in other mmos (eg. aion).
There are some gear that have critical resit as stat (that automatically means there is no crit rate + stat one the same gear). Imo you can consider critical resist as a some form of pvp reduction because critcal hit combined with high ap and critical bonus damage is what really hurts in pvp (normally with good pve gear you have very high stats in all of these three areas). But in my impression it seems you can´t stack enough critical resistant to negate the critical chance of your oppnonent completely. Than there are some necklaces which you can buy for 10g if you have pvp rank3 but I don´t know what they do.

I noticed many koreans are stacking defensive stats on their gear when they want to pvp. Using purple defensive diamond (600 def) and stacking defense on your bo-pae can net you somewhat between 30-40% damage reduction (depends on class). Same goes for autoevade and autoparry.
Combine these with "pvp" gems like heal on autoevade / heal on autoparry, stun / slow / free gem.

Currently working towards such a combination: Aiming for 30% damage reduction, 35-40% evade, as much crit resistance as possible and about 18k life with my sin. Critical chance should still be at approximately 25%. Best Bo-Pae for such a purpose seems to be BSH but I have no time and no ppl to do BSH so I´ll use powahran instead. I expect that additional gear that more suits for pvp will be added once the duel / 1on1 arena is introduced.

I wish they´ll introduce a bo-pae set that has a lot critical resistance (there is already one with critical resist but its only a blue bo-pae set) and weapons that have the same AP like the best PvE-weapon but instead of crit chance it has critical resistance. It should be possible to complete or nearly complete negate the critical chance of your opponent with "PvP" gear. That decrease burst damage and makes fights longer and more challenging.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 04, 2012 - 6:10 AM

Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)
0

#3
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 7:51 AM

And how about items distribution? Is it possible to to get all top items necessary to PvP only via PvP, or game force to farm PvE instances?

35-40% evade - is it not suicide? Sapphire Gem - "Applies a slow effect and deals damage to the target who blocks or evades an attack. Target will be immobilized when the slow effect has been applied up to 3 times." I have no idea how it work in practice, but description seems as invest in to evade build with something like this in game is self CC.
0

#4
User is offline   Janshi 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 391
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 8:07 AM

Actually the only thing you can farm with "pvp" is your pvp rank which allows you to buy stuff for pvp. But you have to buy it with gold. Tbh atm this game is absolutely not a good pvp game and open pvp actually does not exist. I hope this change when the duel / 1on1 arena is introduced. You´re forced to do A LOT pve to get your bo-pae enchanted, do get gold, to get gems etc.

Good point with the sapphire gem, tbh I dont´know, these are all things that are on my to-do list. By now i thought the sapphire gem only works if you actively parry or evade (eg. to prevent a blademaster permanently parry range attacks from a forcemaster) and is not working against autoparry/evade but perphaps there is someone who already tested it. Annother big question is, if the sapphire gem works on autoparry/evade too, how does the beryl gems works against the sapphire gem? Because the other berly gem makes you 3s cc immune upon an succesfuly evade and the sapphire gem applies a slow (cc) on you.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 04, 2012 - 8:12 AM

Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)
0

#5
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 12:00 PM

It make me sad, seems as game going to be pure PvE :/
0

#6
User is offline   DayBreeze 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 665
  • Joined: May 24, 2012
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 4:35 PM

View PostJanshi, on Dec 04, 2012 - 8:07 AM, said:

Actually the only thing you can farm with "pvp" is your pvp rank which allows you to buy stuff for pvp. But you have to buy it with gold. Tbh atm this game is absolutely not a good pvp game and open pvp actually does not exist. I hope this change when the duel / 1on1 arena is introduced. You´re forced to do A LOT pve to get your bo-pae enchanted, do get gold, to get gems etc.

Good point with the sapphire gem, tbh I dont´know, these are all things that are on my to-do list. By now i thought the sapphire gem only works if you actively parry or evade (eg. to prevent a blademaster permanently parry range attacks from a forcemaster) and is not working against autoparry/evade but perphaps there is someone who already tested it. Annother big question is, if the sapphire gem works on autoparry/evade too, how does the beryl gems works against the sapphire gem? Because the other berly gem makes you 3s cc immune upon an succesfuly evade and the sapphire gem applies a slow (cc) on you.



i used that blue gem before. it would only be used effectively for FMs and Summs. i don't see any point for melee classes to use that gem.

and that immunity thing, i think it is immune to stuns trips and smashes.... you know, purple, red, and yellow synergy shadow. roots dont make a boss synergy shadow so i think they dont consider root a crow control.
0

#7
User is offline   Janshi 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 391
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 4:40 PM

View PostDayBreeze, on Dec 04, 2012 - 4:35 PM, said:

i used that blue gem before. it would only be used effectively for FMs and Summs. i don't see any point for melee classes to use that gem.


Hm...why not? If the target is immobilized you can go behind him and he can´t face to you anymore (and therefore can´t parry or evade a upcoming attack), assumed the immobilized effect works like summoner root or fm ice dragon.
So the gem is working against auto parry/evade?

Quote

and that immunity thing, i think it is immune to stuns trips and smashes.... you know, purple, red, and yellow synergy shadow. roots dont make a boss synergy shadow so i think they dont consider root a crow control.


Sounds reasonable, have to test it.


@Zenek:

Quote

It make me sad, seems as game going to be pure PvE :/


Wait until the other waves are out. 1on1 / Duel arena and 36 vs 36 battleground will come. Perhaps these are first steps towards more pvp content.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 04, 2012 - 4:43 PM

Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)
0

#8
User is offline   DayBreeze 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 665
  • Joined: May 24, 2012
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 4:55 PM

View PostJanshi, on Dec 04, 2012 - 4:40 PM, said:

Hm...why not? If the target is immobilized you can go behind him and he can´t face to you anymore (and therefore can´t parry or evade a upcoming attack), assumed the immobilized effect works like summoner root oder fm ice dragon.
So the gem is working against auto parry/evade?


ya it works for parry block counter dodge.
as one who live for the thrill of PVP i figured out early on you can escape roots easily. jump back (SS), slide left/right (QQ/EE) . any skill that puts you into stealth mode also lets you escape root. this means all classes can escape root except destroyer, but destroyers can still spin while rooted, so attacking a rooted destroyer is still not practical for melee classes. not only that, caster classes are the only ones that can spam attacks without worrying about hitting air, auto targeted skills ffs. so caster classes can attack frequently enough to make the gem actually work, freeze.
0

#9
User is offline   Janshi 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 391
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 5:00 PM

View PostDayBreeze, on Dec 04, 2012 - 4:55 PM, said:

ya it works for parry block counter dodge.
as one who live for the thrill of PVP i figured out early on you can escape roots easily. jump back (SS), slide left/right (QQ/EE) . any skill that puts you into stealth mode also lets you escape root. this means all classes can escape root except destroyer, but destroyers can still spin while rooted, so attacking a rooted destroyer is still not practical for melee classes. not only that, caster classes are the only ones that can spam attacks without worrying about hitting air, auto targeted skills ffs. so caster classes can attack frequently enough to make the gem actually work, freeze.



Yeah but you can´t spam SS/QQ/EE and some classes dont have all three available, though cd is quite short. Even if you don´t get the slow stack three times, slow effect apart seems to be super annoying for a melee.
I admit that this gem has most impact on summoner and fms but if this gem is really working on auto evade / parry, I´m really not sure if it´s so wise to stack evade / parry to such an extent.

This post has been edited by Janshi: Dec 04, 2012 - 5:01 PM

Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)
0

#10
User is offline   DayBreeze 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 665
  • Joined: May 24, 2012
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 5:10 PM

View PostJanshi, on Dec 04, 2012 - 5:00 PM, said:

but if this gem is really working on auto evade / parry, I´m really not sure if it´s so wise to stack evade / parry to such an extent.



heh.

i take my chances with dodge/parry stats + dodge heal + parry heal any day.


0

#11
User is offline   Nekuraba 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: Dec 03, 2012
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 5:40 AM

View PostDayBreeze, on Dec 04, 2012 - 5:10 PM, said:

heh.

i take my chances with dodge/parry stats + dodge heal + parry heal any day.




And now I know what to stack, ohhhhhohoohoho godflashing, stacking heals oh the fun that awaits me in NA BnS~
0

#12
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 5:49 AM

View PostDayBreeze, on Dec 04, 2012 - 4:55 PM, said:

caster classes are the only ones that can spam attacks without worrying about hitting air, auto targeted skills ffs. so caster classes can attack frequently enough to make the gem actually work, freeze.


If it work as you said, this gem seems to make range classes completly OP if other classes can only take on face burst DMG or get themself in to slow/root...
0

#13
User is offline   Nekuraba 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: Dec 03, 2012
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 5:55 AM

View PostZenek, on Dec 05, 2012 - 5:49 AM, said:

If it work as you said, this gem seems to make range classes completly OP if other classes can only take on face burst DMG or get themself in to slow/root...


Welp never played the game to know if this will work or not, but if they can just hurp durp spam skills and always hit, then does that mean I can hurp durp always substitute to get in for lovely damage? ;o
0

#14
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 6:05 AM

View PostNekuraba, on Dec 05, 2012 - 5:55 AM, said:

Welp never played the game to know if this will work or not, but if they can just hurp durp spam skills and always hit, then does that mean I can hurp durp always substitute to get in for lovely damage? ;o


For me it seems like... nevermind what will happen, once range DPs press button it have effect: DMG or CC. All while range classes do not need even to aim. If inforamtion in this topic are correct, it means this game is just hard broken.
0

#15
User is offline   Nekuraba 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: Dec 03, 2012
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 6:09 AM

View PostZenek, on Dec 05, 2012 - 6:05 AM, said:

For me it seems like... nevermind what will happen, once range DPs press button it have effect: DMG or CC. All while range classes do not need even to aim. If inforamtion in this topic are correct, it means this game is just hard broken.


Dont have to aim? swinnng~ even better, sooooo sounds like I can dooooooo THIS

godflash> mage goes mad from sight loss* *spams skillz* > sub> styles mage? > profit?

0

#16
User is offline   DayBreeze 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 665
  • Joined: May 24, 2012
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 4:45 PM





yea. strong.

but FMs lose to assassins. if your assassin loses to a FM your assassin is purely incompetent.
0

#17
User is offline   Zenek 

  • Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 5:17 PM

Pathetic.

Butter if they fix this FM before west release...
0

#18
User is offline   Nekuraba 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: Dec 03, 2012
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 5:22 PM

Until I actually play the game, Ill still have to say F tiers, I still think a good FM that knows the ins and outs of their class can outplay a sin that also has a fine grasp of their own class BUT....BUUUUUUUUUUT im now like 100% sure I can godflash into sub awwwwwwwww yes gonna lotus people in the back sooooo hard~
0

#19
User is offline   Janshi 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 391
  • Joined: Sep 13, 2012
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Villains

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 6:55 PM

Sin is designed to counter FM. If both player are on equal skill level and have same gear, it´s very unlikely sin will lose against fm.
Though 1 on 1 class balance should be a big issue and I expect and demand from team bloodlust that the carefully look on the classes and try to balance them out. They gonna introduce a 1on1 / duel arena, so 1 on 1 balance is a issue.
Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 45 Forcemaster (red faction) - Guild: Villains

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)
0

#20
User is offline   Nekuraba 

  • Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 306
  • Joined: Dec 03, 2012
  • LocationBehind you~
  • Character:Morginna
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 7:10 PM

View PostJanshi, on Dec 05, 2012 - 6:55 PM, said:

Sin is designed to counter FM. If both player are on equal skill level and have same gear, it´s very unlikely sin will lose against fm.
Though 1 on 1 class balance should be a big issue and I expect and demand from team bloodlust that the carefully look on the classes and try to balance them out. They gonna introduce a 1on1 / duel arena, so 1 on 1 balance is a issue.



Perhaps you can tell me what skills an assassin learns by cap? been wandering so I can think of tactics but I dont know all of sins skills.
0

Share this topic:

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users