• You cannot reply to this topic

About western BnS voice dubbing Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   KeepD 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 9:11 AM

I'm not sure why nobody has been reposting this link in these "will it be dub" threads, but here goes:
https://www.youtube....h?v=90m2KiaPDiM

(unless it's a fake, but I'm pretty sure it isn't)

User is offline   Jayrune 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostKeepD, on Dec 05, 2012 - 9:11 AM, said:

I'm not sure why nobody has been reposting this link in these "will it be dub" threads, but here goes:
https://www.youtube....h?v=90m2KiaPDiM

(unless it's a fake, but I'm pretty sure it isn't)

My take on that is, when they actually say something, not bad, could do without the grunting though, seems over-emphasized.

Just my opinion though.

Having said that i'll take it as is, gimmie gimmie gimmie!
Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Better if they will make available Korean voices pack. This one... is just horrible.

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Kogane
  • Race:Gon

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 6:36 PM

View PostVile Samael, on Dec 04, 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Yeah, just saying "ALL ENGLISH DUBS ARE BAD!!!!!" ends up having you miss out on great english dubs. Sometimes I think that the english dub is better than the original language dub, even. Just chill and wait, and if you don't like it then just mod it instead of making wide generalizations that don't even work.

Thing about this is...We have AMAZING voice actors over here---it's just a lot of companies don't appear to want to pay for them or make use of them. Then again it may also be that perhaps our voice acting community isn't exactly as refined as others may be. You have to realize anime isn't as popular here as it is in other places. I don't claim to know much about our voice acting scene but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that we're not as up to speed as Japan on that front. Heh.

Lol...Thoough. I gotta say. One voice actor impressed me all the same.

Who knew my Mom was fawning over Cloud's voice before I even got a chance to watch FFAC?

Bonus points if you know what I'm talking about. : P

All the same I hope that we'll have an option---though I'm kind of not one to be bothered about these things.

Voices never really bothered me in any anime or game (Unless you're Renji from Bleach. I'd really like to know what the fuck those people were thinking...)
Posted Image

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 6:41 PM

I sadly don't think we'll get an option for this kind of stuff. More or less I was told it costs them money to keep the original VO (who'd have thought)
I think if anyone wants the KR voices, they'll have to put in the sound files, that's just the way it's looking~ I personally would love to have the choice of either, and though the voices that I heard so far for the English dub weren't terribly bad, they did still come off as cheesey~

I dunno, I just can't imagine choosing some English voice for my BnS character and hearing some person yelling in English 'AHHHHHHHHREGH!!!' when I throw a fireball.

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Jayrune 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 7:52 PM

View PostღKurori~Aonaiღ, on Dec 06, 2012 - 6:41 PM, said:

I sadly don't think we'll get an option for this kind of stuff. More or less I was told it costs them money to keep the original VO (who'd have thought)
I think if anyone wants the KR voices, they'll have to put in the sound files, that's just the way it's looking~ I personally would love to have the choice of either, and though the voices that I heard so far for the English dub weren't terribly bad, they did still come off as cheesey~

I dunno, I just can't imagine choosing some English voice for my BnS character and hearing some person yelling in English 'AHHHHHHHHREGH!!!' when I throw a fireball.

This, THIS is what i would like to avoid.

Know what would be totally awesome? a character voice pack where the voice actor deliberately tried to do the grunts and yells as quiet and brief as possible. long and loud grunts and yelling just doesn't sound right in English.

Course, i'd still say have the more noisy character voice packs for the peeps who like that, but gimmie just one restrained pack.

a disciplined grunting voice pack! :haha:
Posted Image

User is offline   Ronule 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationKentucky
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 8:11 PM

I'm a strong supporter of American Voice Actors, and I want to see some of my favorite names in the industry get some buck from this project. So I personally support English dubbing. That being said, if they can afford it, I hope they do offer the option of subs for those who prefer the game in its native language. But if I have to choose between one or the other, then my vote is English.

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 9:47 PM

View PostRonule, on Dec 06, 2012 - 8:11 PM, said:

I'm a strong supporter of American Voice Actors, and I want to see some of my favorite names in the industry get some buck from this project. So I personally support English dubbing. That being said, if they can afford it, I hope they do offer the option of subs for those who prefer the game in its native language. But if I have to choose between one or the other, then my vote is English.

Any of those voice actors confirmed to be doing voices for the game~?
Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   shayryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Character:No idea yet. :<
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'm sure the language wont be Korean, I only hope they will allow us to use voice packs..
Posted Image

User is offline   Kata 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character::D

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 11:17 PM

B&S doesn't need a well known VA cast. NCSoft or whoever is hiring for the NA cast needs to pick good voice actors. And they can do it on the cheap. There are plenty of amazing English voice actors willing to do it on the cheap because they aren't well known. Check Newgrounds for an example.

User is offline   Ronule 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationKentucky

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 1:48 AM

View PostღKurori~Aonaiღ, on Dec 06, 2012 - 9:47 PM, said:

Any of those voice actors confirmed to be doing voices for the game~?

I honestly couldn't tell you. I only really started looking into this game recently and know probably way less than anybody on here when it comes to details, especially in regards to its localization. But from what I gather this is being published by NCsoft who also publishes Guild Wars 2 (and Aion... but I digress), and while I'm not too much in the know when it comes to details of the game industry, I'd assume at the very least they put a lot of backing into the projects their developers are making, which would most likely include payments for local voice talent.

That being said, I also don't know where they will choose to do their auditions. Where they go will have a pretty good bearing on who will have opportunities to be hired for the project. I can't remember off the top of my head where a lot of top dogs in VA are scattered, but my honest hope would be Texas where they can get the Funimation regulars. Whatever the case, given the fact that they got some pretty decent names involved with Guild Wars 2, I'm sure they'd okay the use of high quality actors for this game as well.

One last note, from what I know about the VA industry, is that any Voice Actors that have been chosen (if any have been yet) have to sign a nondisclosure agreement and therefore cannot speak about their roles or even really hint at it. This won't be lifted until the publisher/developer publicly announces this information in some way such as posting the list themselves or allowing the viewing of credits by individuals who have not had to sign their own nondisclosure agreement.

User is offline   Benetnasch 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Nogitsune

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 8:04 AM

I'm confident we'll get decent dubs, really. I...can't recall any complaints from the previous MMOs I've played. But then again, I usually don't pay much attention to npcs or have my volume on the game down or off to listen to music or something.
"Conversation, like certain portions of the anatomy, always runs more smoothly when lubricated."

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 8:18 AM

I think in the end its gonna by similar to Tera, we won't have the option to choose Korean sound pack but it will be really easy to get by just changing some files. And they will say, while its technically not ok to change Gamefiles, it doesn't give you any advantage nor will it truelly affect your gameplay, only making you happier, and they won't go on a witchhunt because of it.

This post has been edited by Aari: Dec 07, 2012 - 8:20 AM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Kirito Kazuto 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationAincrad I guess...
  • Character:Kiirito

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 8:25 AM

I always prefer DUBs over subs, it's just...I don't know...I don't wanna focus on reading while watching a cutscene I guess...
Posted Image
"If you can't dream big, then you'll remain small" - Me

User is offline   Yami Akuma 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationDenmark

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 5:48 PM

Gotta say i really .. really hope they add an option to use the original voice's and just have english sub.
Bet they wont but well can hope xd

I just find games so much better when they got the orignal sounds and not dubbed etc.

This post has been edited by Yami Akuma: Dec 07, 2012 - 5:48 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Exodus 

• Do you feel lucky, Punk?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationValhalla
  • Class:Destroyer
  • Guild:♣ Lotus - 山 Leader ♣

Posted Dec 07, 2012 - 9:33 PM

hmmmm...

Even if they dub the voices, couldn't we just for example "Copy" the original voice pack from the asian game and replace it with ours?

Posted Image
Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostExodus, on Dec 07, 2012 - 9:33 PM, said:

hmmmm...

Even if they dub the voices, couldn't we just for example "Copy" the original voice pack from the asian game and replace it with ours?

Most likely.

User is offline   Radii 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsian Super Market
  • Character:Radii, Sugu

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 10:43 PM

How would any of you know how "amazing" the korean dubs are. It's not like you can understand Korean so how would you know its not shitty korean voice acting?

Just something to think about.

User is offline   Blissed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationNYC
  • Character:KR:Feisty CN:Gandalf

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 11:02 PM

Being a Korean, I always wondered how Korean sounds to the foreign ears.

In my opinion the Korean dubs in BnS sound a bit too exaggerated. Its like trying to speak old English, but exaggerating the accent a bit too hard.

This post has been edited by Blissed: Dec 08, 2012 - 11:05 PM

User is offline   Ronule 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationKentucky

Posted Dec 08, 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostMicky, on Dec 08, 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

How would any of you know how "amazing" the korean dubs are. It's not like you can understand Korean so how would you know its not shitty korean voice acting?

Just something to think about.

Kinda my thoughts as well when people harp on about how much "better" another language's Voice Acting is. I can understand the argument on wanting to keep as much of the original product intact as possible. But unless you speak the particular language as your first language or are so fluent in it that you may as well have been raised using it yourself, I don't think it would be possible to tell.

Example: I've been into anime for years and years. I have watched many shows and movies in Japanese using English subtitles. However, despite how many different Japanese voice actors I have heard and how many shows ranging from great to horrible quality I have watched, I still can't tell the difference on who is good and bad over there. Other than the general pitch and gender of the voices, they may as well all be the same people for all I know.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users