• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Character:Revast
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 10:36 AM

Blade & Soul Legendary Update Preview
Team Bloodlust has a Legendary update coming for us this month. New dungeons, PvP 1v1 duels and much more await us this holiday season. Word has it that Team Bloodlust may even be dropping in a new tier of item quality for us, hence the "Legendary" update name. You'll find the official update preview translated below the cut off.

Posted Image
The Legend
One who finds the secret of the legend will become truly legendary in the world of Blade & Soul. The Frozen Warehouse, Port Blood Shark and the long awaited Spiral Labyrinth! The secrets of the legendary weapon lies within these dungeons. Prepare yourselves!

The Frozen Warehouse
Port Blood Shark now takes a whole new form during the night. When the darkness covers the Port, the spirits of the members of the Choong-Gak Crew roam the port without even realizing that they are no longer of the living. The dead can no longer recognize friend from foe and will attack any living thing that they come in contact with. For that reason the Choong-Gak crew never leave their quarters during the night and thanks to the dead they don’t really need anyone on patrol. There is only one building that is lit up during this dark hour and that is the mysterious Frozen Warehouse. The warehouse emits such a cold air that not even the dead dare to roam close to it. Mysteriously, inside you will hear yelling, like someone is training martial arts along with screeching noises of machines and cogs, ticking and tocking. You will soon find out who or what is inside this Frozen Warehouse.

Posted Image
The Spiral Labyrinth
Inside the ancient ruins a mysterious labyrinth finally reveals itself. There’s a legend indicating there’s something mysterious hidden within the lowest floor of the ruins. Many enter hoping to find this mysterious treasure. The invaders are met by the Guardians of the spiral labyrinth and they will also meet many traps along the way to make the journey all the more treacherous. It is now up to you and your allies to challenge the Labyrinth to find out what is truly below its surface.

Posted Image
Night Time at Port Blood Shark
What would be different when you challenge the Port during the night? You will be met with different bosses and challenges as you try to conquer the Port once again during a time of darkness.

Tower of Mushin, the God of Kung Fu; The 8th Floor Revealed.
Finally, the 8th floor of the Tower has been added! Those of you who had reached the 8th Floor after defeating Jung Ha-Do will be met with the one and only Mushin Chun Jin-Kwon. Don’t celebrate just yet, many challenges of the Mushin awaits you in the future.

The Duel
Players can finally meet at the Hong-Moon School to duel each other to test each other’s skills. Challenge your skill and your foes to earn experiences and other various rewards. Dueling is available for all players.

Posted Image

User is offline   Hisano 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationJylland, Denmark
  • Character:Hisane
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 10:48 AM

naiceeeee. Seems pretty darned awesome. Hate that the duel ability is limited to one fkin place... FAIL. Duel should be something you can do everywhere at any time.

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 10:53 AM

Glad at the intense hype for pvp that everyone usually has, but I want to see this game as a WHOLE grow, so when I hear news about Blade and Soul. I'm always thinking 'content, content, content' I want to explore more worlds, I want to fight new things, alone and with friends and allies

So seeing this is nice, interesting with legend gear and all....hmm, wait to post judgement on that. But all and all, I like this.

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Hisano 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationJylland, Denmark
  • Character:Hisane

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 10:58 AM

Its growing as a whole alright, Kurori :P Just going in the wrong direction with pvp like every other game always is >.> Limiting pvp to certain places makes it boring as fk. Who wants to travel to some secluded place just to duel each other? They should be able to do that in the middle of nowhere if they so desired. PvP Doboks? They are ugly as hell. I want to pvp with the infernal armor. But I can't, because the system pvp is based around is retarded >.> Innovative but retarded. People should not be forced to have one kind of equipment on which enables combat against one certain other faction. If I so desired, I should be able to just put on some kind of badge for my faction and kill anyone not of my (red faction, for example) faction. Not a whole costume. And for western release I hope they make pvp servers :P The pve growth is nice, though more explorable content (not talking dungeons but you know, continents and stuff :P) would be greatly appreciated.

User is offline   Seraphy 

• Flower in the Mountain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:Maiya
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostRevast, on Dec 03, 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

The Frozen Warehouse
Port Blood Shark now takes a whole new form during the night. When the darkness covers the Port, the spirits of the members of the Choong-Gak Crew roam the port without even realizing that they are no longer of the living. The dead can no longer recognize friend from foe and will attack any living thing that they come in contact with. For that reason the Choong-Gak crew never leave their quarters during the night and thanks to the dead they don’t really need anyone on patrol. There is only one building that is lit up during this dark hour and that is the mysterious Frozen Warehouse. The warehouse emits such a cold air that not even the dead dare to roam close to it. Mysteriously, inside you will hear yelling, like someone is training martial arts along with screeching noises of machines and cogs, ticking and tocking. You will soon find out who or what is inside this Frozen Warehouse.

Takes a different form at night? Isn't weather/time of day static in Blade & Soul?

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostSeraphy, on Dec 03, 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Takes a different form at night? Isn't weather/time of day static in Blade & Soul?

Its just gonna be a different dungeon with a saperate entrance where its night.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 12:54 PM

The Frozen Warehouse sounds like something I'd enjoy. Haunted place full of mystery :yes:
The pvp part doesn't really matter to me but it's good nonetheless. Can't wait to see more images/vids of this update.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Kogane 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kogane

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostGhastly, on Dec 03, 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

The Frozen Warehouse sounds like something I'd enjoy. Haunted place full of mystery :yes:
The pvp part doesn't really matter to me but it's good nonetheless. Can't wait to see more images/vids of this update.

Shall we begin our paranormal investigations, Ghastly-sama? >8D
Posted Image

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 1:16 PM

View PostKogane, on Dec 03, 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Shall we begin our paranormal investigations, Ghastly-sama? >8D

We shall!
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Tashigi 

• Optimized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 3:39 PM

1v1 matches that matter?! +_+

View PostSeraphy, on Dec 03, 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

It's probably a choice given to you when zoning into the instance/zone more than likely.
Like: Choose "Heroic" or Normal" mode. Except it'll be "Night" or "Day" time.

User is offline   Lithia 

• ~ Mirage Fractal Butterfly ~
  • View gallery
  • Character:Lithia / Cerez
  • Guild:(Formerly) Odyssey

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 4:27 PM

Looks like TBL is still hard at work. Good to see, very good indeed.
I wonder to what extent the west will receive the game (will we get this included as well,
or a previous version?)
I agree that the duel location is a questionable decision, but on the other hand, I like the whole official feeling it has.
"You will only spar in the designated area, aka: the Dojo grounds". I nice idea, but flawed, perhaps.
And of course new gear is always welcome.

Looking forward to seeing more of this.

- Lith. ...Legend.

User is offline   AnubisXy 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 5:07 PM

I don't dislike the "duel area." In many MMO's you end up with an unofficial duel area where people hang out to duel anyway. Having an official one will help concentrate players who like dueling a bit more so it'll always be easy to find someone who feels like dueling.

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 10:15 PM

That looks so awesome!
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 04, 2012 - 9:09 AM

Just more "Hurry up and release to NA!" news! It looks good!

User is offline   Sogeking 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSniper Island
  • Character:Suisen

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Really good news!
I would definitely try and get one of these weaps when it comes out here. I wish we had some screenshots of how they look :feel_good:
Posted Image

~IGN: Suisen~

User is offline   BrandX 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostHisano, on Dec 03, 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Its growing as a whole alright, Kurori :P Just going in the wrong direction with pvp like every other game always is >.> Limiting pvp to certain places makes it boring as fk. Who wants to travel to some secluded place just to duel each other? They should be able to do that in the middle of nowhere if they so desired. PvP Doboks? They are ugly as hell. I want to pvp with the infernal armor. But I can't, because the system pvp is based around is retarded >.> Innovative but retarded. People should not be forced to have one kind of equipment on which enables combat against one certain other faction. If I so desired, I should be able to just put on some kind of badge for my faction and kill anyone not of my (red faction, for example) faction. Not a whole costume. And for western release I hope they make pvp servers :P The pve growth is nice, though more explorable content (not talking dungeons but you know, continents and stuff :P) would be greatly appreciated.

Going to the one secluded place to duel, looks to be more of a "go here to duel and gain experience" while it looks like one could still duel outside of the area.

User is offline   Genesis The Rose 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location???
  • Character:Genesis Rose

Posted Dec 05, 2012 - 3:42 PM

I like what I am seeing. Beautiful :)
Posted Image

User is offline   kennywu54 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationSeoul, SKorea

Posted Dec 06, 2012 - 11:18 PM

So...the dungeon at night that is being discussed was released two days ago. It's a 24 man open dungeon that is an exact copy of the hardest dungeon to date. I see it as this: Instead of grinding all the dungeons for new players you can just go here and get gear/bopae that one needs in order to experience the newest content. If one already has the hardest dungeons on farm, then there is no point to go here unless you want the outfits or just to kill time.

User is offline   Kuran1s 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Location~~ =.= ~~ *meditating* in the DOJO!
  • Character:TBA
  • Guild:TBA

Posted Dec 10, 2012 - 12:46 PM

Very Very cool! :dreaming: & of course, they now sought to bring the ' Legendary ' Item quality into this game now. :joss_stick: Most Intriguing! ( & I love how they make a Day / Night Dungeon with totally different Attributes - Bosses, etc. to it as well. )

User is offline   Kata 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character::D
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Dec 10, 2012 - 3:49 PM

Looks amazing. Can't wait for the game to come over to the west.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users