Blade & Soul Dojo: Chinese BnS looks like everyone can grab a bite of it! - Blade & Soul Dojo

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chinese BnS looks like everyone can grab a bite of it! Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Suto 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 7:30 PM

So far I haven't seen any walls stopping EU/ NA players from trying out the game, assuming you can pay the Chinese currency (?) then it looks like everyone will be able to play it, and it opens in just 6 days! Am I wrong about this?

User is offline   Vaserius 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Thynia
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 11:41 PM

don't they require something similary to the kssn on the korean site?
Posted Image

User is offline   monkey002 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Gon

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 12:09 AM

does anyone know of a guide to register?

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Race:Jin

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 5:21 AM

As I know Chinese version going to be censored, so f*** it...

User is offline   Gender Infection 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 5:39 AM

View PostZenek, on Nov 29, 2012 - 5:21 AM, said:

As I know Chinese version going to be censored, so f*** it...

Censored with what?

I'm still pretty interested.

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 5:47 AM

you need chinese cell number for register for the closed beta

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 5:50 AM

Arnt Chinese versions always censored like crazy? I think that was the reason why its coming out so late in China in the first place, because they had to do so much.

This post has been edited by Aari: Nov 29, 2012 - 5:50 AM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 6:24 AM

View PostGender Infection, on Nov 29, 2012 - 5:39 AM, said:

Censored with what?

http://steparu.com/l...oul-cn-censored

edit:
And if you look at NA trailer, it seems gunslinger is censored on our version as well...

This post has been edited by Zenek: Nov 29, 2012 - 6:33 AM

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 6:54 AM

Good thing this game doesnt have a gunslinger, and if you talk about the NPC. As far as I know NCsoft stated afterwards that there will be no censoring in the western version.
Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 7:06 AM

Bah, it doesn't bother me that much.

I'm still interested in playing it. Other than, you know, all of the trouble of playing on a foreign server. Finding a party probably won't be that fun.

That being said I'm not dying for blood and boobs. Unless they're censoring something particularly artistic and beautiful, I'm fine.

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 7:28 AM

View PostAari, on Nov 29, 2012 - 6:54 AM, said:

Good thing this game doesnt have a gunslinger, and if you talk about the NPC. As far as I know NCsoft stated afterwards that there will be no censoring in the western version.

They are said to not planning censorship the "actual in-game content" while they are still keep on main site censored trailer. I see here some logic flaw...
But I have hope that is only a baseless bad feelings... (I'm still dissapointed lie from EME, what they did with Tera).

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 7:34 AM

View PostZenek, on Nov 29, 2012 - 7:28 AM, said:

They are said to not planning censorship the "actual in-game content" while they are still keep on main site censored trailer. I see here some logic flaw...
But I have hope that is only a baseless bad feelings... (I'm still dissapointed lie from EME, what they did with Tera).

Hmm I see, in-game content. Well the Cutscences are kinda in-game arnt they... But yea they did censor her in the one trailer thats true. It would be kinda to much to ask to make another tailer just because of one outfit of one NPC. But it is true that it kinda does plant mistrust.

About Tera, you never played the EU version eh? xD At the start they completly removed all blood, everything, from Beta to the next, without saying a single word. After that made the community rage so hard they had to reimplement it but still removed the blood stains on your monitor, for example at the prologue. The Elin censoring that EME did was just a bad joke xD

This post has been edited by Aari: Nov 29, 2012 - 7:35 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Zenek 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:16 AM

Heh.. Frogster. I play both versions. Honestly all this mess with blood in EU version seems to me more as completly amateur than deliberate action. They probably just got 12 from PEGI and went in to panic while QoA1 included blood stains.

Something what did EME was 100% deliberate action, for make mislead a costumers. They said at begining no for censorship, and they did it while it was not only elin.

And NCsoft moves seems odd for me and as you said " it kinda does plant mistrust."

User is offline   milkymoon 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:ellu
  • Race:Kun
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 9:18 AM

View PostZenek, on Nov 29, 2012 - 6:24 AM, said:

And if you look at NA trailer, it seems gunslinger is censored on our version as well...

There was an entire thread dedicated to NA censorship and that, and it was later found out that the gunslinger wears the same thing at a different part in the korean trailer as well. -- That and NCsoft came out with their statements about how they weren't planning to censor the game.

There are doubts, but that gunslinger isn't really one of them as far as I am concerned.

Unless we're talking about two different things..

http://www.bladeands...__1#entry115328

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 10:36 AM

I personally think the mesh (at least it looks like mesh to me?) under the bikini looks more interesting. Besides it's not that big a deal, she's still all frickin' skimpy and sexy. Oh no she has like a square foot more flesh covered by mesh, boycott NCSoft.

Iunno I guess my tastes are just different. Also I think this one http://steparu.com/i...c/censored2.jpg looks nicer and less awkward to me.
Posted Image

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 1:42 PM

View PostZenek, on Nov 29, 2012 - 8:16 AM, said:

They said at begining no for censorship

Yeah, aside from the fact I am entirely against the censorship of the Elin period. Their handling of the issue was really annoying.

They polled the fandom like our opinion mattered. Then when our opinion went against censorship, they ignored it anyway. Then they did a lot to suppress dissenting opinions. And they kept very hush hush about what was going on until it was finally leaked.

There is currently a huge number of Elin players on Tera and I'm pretty sure they make of the majority at least on Celestial Hills. And considering the amount of people who boycotted the game over the censorship, I can only imagine that many more would be playing if they didn't. And the way of ignoring the fans like this is reminiscent of how Capcom held a poll for who fans wanted to see as Volnutt's partner(who was Aero). And then canceled the game despite thousands and thousands upon thousand of infuriated fans.

Personally, I don't like the way En Masse or Frogster has handled the issue. At all. And it even further shows how silly it is that Elins can still go around nearly naked when wearing the swimsuits. That they in fact charge real life money for. There's no reason they couldn't have done among several other, and less lazy, solutions. They could have have a slider on the Options/Settings to have the 'censored' or original outfits. They could implement the "undergarments" section of the gear/profile tab. Allowing people to equip the underwear of their choice. I would be all for the shorts if they were an undergarment accessory option.

I know people say it doesn't matter because you can mod the Elin to the original outfits. But it is still possible to get in trouble for that. In fact I don't even know what happened to the original blogspot, I wouldn't be surprised if En Masse shut them down. And just on principal it is stupid. You shouldn't have to mod in order to wear the same clothes as Koreans and Japanese people are wearing.

It was so stupid. I'd like to look at Blade & Soul and say "hah, see, Blade & Soul didn't do that trash". But it looks like they are, and even if they didn't, people would probably try to make excuses that En Masse were justified under "think of the children" grounds while Blade & Soul is not.

Anyway, I do not like En Masse and only very begrudgingly play Tera. Because I can play it so very cheaply and I don't really have much better choice. I really dislike En Masse. And to think that I'm looking forward to Blade & Soul over them when NCSoft isn't a very good company either, says a lot.

I'm so ticked at how they treat Elin fans I think I'd rather play a Lyn and give NCSoft my money instead.

This post has been edited by Gender Infection: Nov 29, 2012 - 1:45 PM

User is offline   Vile Samael 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Character:Ryang Huan-Yong
  • Class:Summoner

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 1:58 PM

At least in the case of Lyns there isn't any room for censorship anyways. Lyns are all fully clothed for the most part, and only a couple outfits show a lot of skin. Even those are more conservative in comparison to most of the other race's outfits. Anyways, from what I've seen NA hasn't gone real wild with censoring, so it should be largely the same.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lyndis 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided
  • Guild:Slayers' Tower

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:51 PM

Okay a couple of things

1st, this is not a thread about TERA, its about the Chinese version of B&S.

2nd, if you read NCSoft's article about them respecting their vision about not censoring anything, you would understand why the outfit was censored on a public release trailer for all to see. Heck they even talk about it in the article.

Since I am assuming most of you have no had any experience in the video game industry allow me to teach you something. All advertising, promotional, and marketing materials (this includes screenshots, trailers, gameplay videos, etc) must conform to a certain rating standards set forth by the ESRB.

If you want to see another real-life example of this you can read this thread over on Atlus' forum about them having to remove screenshots of a well-endowed character from their website.

http://atlus.com/for...?t=10139&page=3

And if you don't want to read, heres a quote from Onion of Mystery

Advertising materials are likewise subject to ratings, which is why a game's advertisements are either restricted to appropriate audiences (behind age gates), or toned down in content. The next time you see a game commercial on TV, count how many times someone fires a gun--and count how many times somebody is shown being shot. Explosions, near-misses, and sparks from flying bullets abound, but nobody actually gets hit.

In short, stop worrying about it. Promotional material WILL be censored. The final game will not.

Now lets get back on track. Who is playing on this server who is a Dojo member?

This post has been edited by Lyndis: Nov 29, 2012 - 8:51 PM

User is offline   Kryscent 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Character:Kryscent
  • Guild:Descendants

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 4:48 AM

I'm a chinese race, they do not require any sort of forms like KSSN to register or be able to play the game, correct me if I'm wrong.

P/S - Just want to confirm, is this the official website for it ? http://bns.duowan.com/

This post has been edited by Kryscent: Nov 30, 2012 - 5:08 AM

Posted Image
Please do PM me or post in my support thread here if you got any kinds of problem about China Blade and Soul / Translation

User is offline   AceO 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:mewwmeww
  • Class:Blade Master
  • Guild:none

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 12:36 PM

nope
this one http://bns.qq.com/

u need cell phone , and QQ account , i already have acces to play the beta , but im playing on KR server now , so i will give ID away if some1 need.
(but ill think about it , coz im chinese , playing on CN server is best for me , i can read everything)

2000 Beta acces is all out.

This post has been edited by AceO: Dec 03, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users