Does anyone know what style of character names are considered "normal" by native Korean speakers? For example, in English MMOs, the most common name styles are:
1) Fantasy name. Usually a single word (first name) which sounds interesting and unusual, not something you'd see in everyday life. For example, "Elyanna".
2) Dictionary name. A beautiful-sounding word, never used as a real-life name, usually a noun or an adjective. For example, "Synergy" or "Psychotic".
3) Character name. A name taken from a character in an anime, book, or movie. For example, "Miku" or "Thorgrim".
Conversely, there are some name styles which are less desirable:
1) Teenage boy names. Something which the user thinks sounds badass, but most other people scoff at. For example, "XxXBloodyxSilentxKillerXxX".
2) Real-life names. A name which is very plain or ordinary, commonly used in real life. For example, "Benjamin Sawyer", or "Amanda Brown".
3) Gibberish names. Names which don't make any sense at all. For example, "Nxrtdrshg".
So, which naming styles are preferred by native Koreans? Which ones look strange to them?
This post has been edited by Synergy: Nov 27, 2012 - 11:57 PM