How to run WTFast with Blade and Soul

User is offline   Fyren 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Undecided
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 1:08 PM

So I am trying to use WTFast with Blade and Soul. I have configured it correctly just like in a guide I saw on BaS Dojo but since the launcher is started from the BaS website, WTFast does not run since to run it, it has to start the game from the .exe. So how are other people doing this? Hel!! :)

User is offline   Dobijasek 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 1:46 PM

as launcher - nclauncher.exe
as client - client.exe
run WTFAST, on error message just press ok, run B&S via website and it should work.(do note use Korea server! only SanJose or Virgina)

This post has been edited by Dobijasek: Nov 27, 2012 - 1:47 PM

User is offline   Fyren 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 1:50 PM

View PostDobijasek, on Nov 27, 2012 - 1:46 PM, said:

as launcher - nclauncher.exe
as client - client.exe
run WTFAST, on error message just press ok, run B&S via website and it should work.(do note use Korea server! only SanJose or Virgina)

What do you mean "as launcher" and "as client"? For setting it up there is the game executable file and then below that a spot for the launcher file. I so confused -.-

And why can I not chain San Jose and Korea? Shouldn't that create less lag for me?

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 2:16 PM

Custom>Add>game executeable - client.exe>run wih launcher - nclauncher.exe (C:\program files\ncsoft...).

Korea server is better only in theory, here are unknow reason that makes that server much worse, even if you live in EU and play across NA server its still much better than direct connect to korea server with is less lenght.

User is offline   Fyren 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 2:21 PM

View PostDobijasek, on Nov 27, 2012 - 2:16 PM, said:

Custom>Add>game executeable - client.exe>run wih launcher - nclauncher.exe (C:\program files\ncsoft...).

Korea server is better only in theory, here are unknow reason that makes that server much worse, even if you live in EU and play across NA server its still much better than direct connect to korea server with is less lenght.

Hmm yeah that is the set up I had. I get some error with a bunch of Korean.

User is offline   Hisano 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationJylland, Denmark
  • Character:Hisane
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 3:07 PM

View PostFyren, on Nov 27, 2012 - 2:21 PM, said:

Hmm yeah that is the set up I had. I get some error with a bunch of Korean.

you are supposed to get that error, as stated above... You just press ok and leave wtfast running in the background, then start up the game like normal (website -> login -> click button -> click button on launcher and be on ur way). Just close WTFast down when u exit the game and rinse/repeat if u wanna play it again.
Characters:
Hisane - Level 22 Female Jin Blade Master
Dekomori - Level 16 Female Lyn Force Master
Majii - Level 11 Female Jin Assassin

My literary work, Marinesnow of Orion (worktitle, not final :D) has now begun! Please visit my topic and comment/vote on the characters and the world I create for them peeps! It helps me a lot more than you'd think! What do you like/dislike about my characters? (They'll be updated along the way)
Marinesnow of Orion - Characters

User is offline   Siegrain 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Siegrain

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 3:11 PM

ppl still use that shit ? lal

User is offline   Fyren 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 3:29 PM

View PostSiegrain, on Nov 27, 2012 - 3:11 PM, said:

ppl still use that shit ? lal

Whats wrong with using it? lol

User is offline   Taekyu 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:Taekyu
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 6:35 PM

View PostFyren, on Nov 27, 2012 - 3:29 PM, said:

Whats wrong with using it? lol

I found no latency improvement using WTFast but I am from Canada, close to the west coast so that is likely the reason.

As others have stated, run wtfast, press 'play' through wtfast which will try to start the client. However, instead of saying yes to allow the game to run I always say no - but keep wtfast running - and then just run the client manually from the website. WTFast should pick up the connection as normal.

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 9:10 AM

View PostTaekyu, on Nov 27, 2012 - 6:35 PM, said:

I found no latency improvement using WTFast but I am from Canada, close to the west coast so that is likely the reason.

As others have stated, run wtfast, press 'play' through wtfast which will try to start the client. However, instead of saying yes to allow the game to run I always say no - but keep wtfast running - and then just run the client manually from the website. WTFast should pick up the connection as normal.

For NA players it not necessarily help but mostly for EU it is required for betterping

User is online   milaR0se 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Locationgermany
  • Character:milarose
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Nov 28, 2012 - 2:09 PM

View PostDobijasek, on Nov 28, 2012 - 9:10 AM, said:

For NA players it not necessarily help but mostly for EU it is required for betterping

i'm from Germany.

Depending on the daytame i got a "feeled"~700ms-1200ms. In bad times even higher, so high that i couldn't even perform a standart punch-punch-kick combo with my KFM. But since some weeks/monhts it has gotten alot better. Most likely because the servers aren't so full anymore. That was also a big lag/latency producer, and sometimes a huge piece of latency cames from server itself not only from the pure connection because servers were totally overload (waiting queue when trying to log in).
Maybe they added more powerfull servers also.

These days, it is acceptable. You can't spam skills or attack attacking extremly fast like the koreans, it is just enough for PVE'ing without any bigger problems.

However i tried WTfast trial and it brings a very noticible improvement for me. Unfortunatly i can't give you any specific values since i can't ping the gameservers/websites since a while. I guess they are blocking ICMP requests which are needed for ping/tracert responds.
But i would say it is rentable without a question.

Besides i got a question also.
I don't konw how WTfast is working in detail. What server am i supposed to choose?. A server that is close to my position, or better a server that is close to the gameserver (with a good pingtimes also, of course).
Both options could make sense for me.
I tried only Virginia-Server so far.

This post has been edited by milaR0se: Nov 28, 2012 - 2:13 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users