Classes Roles Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   7thseeker 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 9:15 AM

Hello Guyz,

I was looking around for B&S classes. Reading the information around about the classes, I had a personal opinion about their roles.

Destroyer - Best AoE DPS / Tank (like Aion Gladiator)

Blade Master - Tank

Assassin - Best Single-Target DPS

Force Master - AoE DPS and Support (Is the Mage)

KFM - Tank

Is my impression wrong?

User is offline   spencerBAXLEY 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGA, USA
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Bladefall [BDF]

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 9:32 AM

From what I understand tanking is directly related to how much damage you can deal, so I would assume that both BM and KFM are the highest single-target DPS. But I'm not 100% on the game's mechanics, so I'm unsure of how threat actually works.

User is offline   shayryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Character:No idea yet. :<
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 9:52 AM

Classes in this game doesn't have any role.
However the blademaster is able to hold the mob because their skills generate much aggro.
Posted Image

User is offline   7thseeker 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 9:52 AM

View PostspencerBAXLEY, on Nov 27, 2012 - 9:32 AM, said:

From what I understand tanking is directly related to how much damage you can deal, so I would assume that both BM and KFM are the highest single-target DPS. But I'm not 100% on the game's mechanics, so I'm unsure of how threat actually works.

Do you mean, BM and KFM do not have any ability for take agro from a mobs, so they have to do the best DPS on the target for keep the agro? So, what is the goal of the assassin class in party-group?

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 10:14 AM

View Postshayryu, on Nov 27, 2012 - 9:52 AM, said:

Classes in this game doesn't have any role.
However the blademaster is able to hold the mob because their skills generate much aggro.

That was the deciding factor for me since I've always thrived at the tank role
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Hisano 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationJylland, Denmark
  • Character:Hisane

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 10:21 AM

You're quite wrong there, regarding your impression.

Assassin and Force Master are both dps/support classes. Assassin has more single target abilities yes, but also feature tons of AOE abilities. Force Master tend to have better single target abilities than aoe aswell.

Destroyer is tank/support class though not viable for high level raids (or so I'm told) unless ur support.

Blade Master and Kung Fu Master are both tank/dps classes. KFM is a lockdown/counter tank/dps, whereas BM is more bursty with the dps and defensive with the tanking.

Lyn Blade Master is support/dps class.

Summoner is healer/support class. Heals are only for the cat and summoner.

In short:

Tank:
Destroyer

Blade Master

Kung Fu Master

DPS:

Blade Master

Kung Fu Master

Force Master

Assassin

Lyn Blade Master

Support:

Destroyer

Force Master

Assassin

Lyn Blade Master

Summoner

Healing:

Summoner

Note: This is the usual group roles. Summoners have their cats tanking in normal pve, destroyers can do huge damage and so on. Other peoples views may differ, but this is my impression (I play the game at the moment)

Characters:
Hisane - Level 22 Female Jin Blade Master
Dekomori - Level 16 Female Lyn Force Master
Majii - Level 11 Female Jin Assassin

My literary work, Marinesnow of Orion (worktitle, not final :D) has now begun! Please visit my topic and comment/vote on the characters and the world I create for them peeps! It helps me a lot more than you'd think! What do you like/dislike about my characters? (They'll be updated along the way)
Marinesnow of Orion - Characters

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 11:38 AM

for me tanks only kung fu master , blade master
dps , all classes except summoner ,
support , assassin , destroyer , Lbm ,summoner , force master ,
healing : destroyer , (call me crazy but i see a destroyer use one skill and the party members in rez/die revive with 30 or 40% of their life , of course the destroyer pay like 50% of his life.) i will find the video again and show here xD.

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 1:43 PM

View PostHisano, on Nov 27, 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

You're quite wrong there, regarding your impression.

Destroyer is tank/support class

but this is my impression (I play the game at the moment)

no u are wrong. destroyers are not built for tanking. destroyers' heal has too much cooldown to keep up with the Boss' damage output.

the only way a destroyer can tank is by kiting. and if the tank is kiting it is a bad tank, this tank just doubled the time they need to take down the boss because all the other melee classes now have to chase the boss and they cannot hit it as easily. the only time a destroyer can be a good tank is if he parties with Force Masters only.

User is offline   Janshi 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGermany
  • Character:Janish
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:狼 ' 腾

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 2:29 PM

I don´t think it´s reasonable to define a Summoner as a heal/support class because with this description one could think his/hers role in party play would be include healing but this is wrong. Every class is able to heal him/herself (at least with gem) but summoner excels in this area, that´s the only big difference between summoner heal abilities and the heal possiblities other classes. The damage of Summoner can´t match that of other classes but is still quite strong. One must not forget that the posion stacks of the summoner are different with the stacks of the assassin. The cat add some additional damage that shouldn´t be ignored.
Summoner is dot damage with very impressive cc-abilities. Summoner hide, lifeleech, fire and posion dots and root (works on bosses too) gives Summoner both a decent punch as wonderful cc-abilities / survivability in pve and pvp. It seems (like in every mmo there are always underestimated classes) many ppl in korea are just too incomptent to play their summoner well...

Every class in BnS is dps...and every class is support as control as well. Some classes excels more in one area than other classes. Otherwise it wouldn´t be possible to clear mushin tower if a class is more restricted to support.

Regarding BM: A tank-bm is a dps-bm too because afaik there are no aggroskills like "spotting" like in other mmos. Bm holds aggro with dps. Every bm becomes a perfect tank if he speecs roundslash and every good dps bm specc roundslash too because dps stance is quickdrawstance and every hit consumes a chi.

And DayBreeze is right, Destroy generally is not a good tank. And what are highlevel raids? There are no highlevel raids in this game, you can´t really say Powahran 24 is a raid, cos every boss there can easily be duoed...

This post has been edited by Janshi: Nov 27, 2012 - 2:51 PM

Server:飞龙逐日

Main: Janish - lvl 50/8 Forcemaster - Wulin - Guild: 狼 ' 腾

Server: 태산북두
Main: Janish lvl 50 Forcemaster (red faction)
Alt1: Janshiii lvl 45 Assassin (blue faction)
Alt2: Janshi lvl 45 Blademaster (red faction)

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 3:09 PM

Here are the current Class Rolls as follows:

Blademaster: Main Tank, Damage Dealer (Only truely good when being used as a tank tho!) As Janshi has mentioned, he needs good damage to keep aggro from other players as there are no aggro skills.

Assassin: Good DPS but not highest, mainly taken for Bleeding (reduced healing) and Smoke Bomb

Kung Fu Master: Together with Forcemaster highest Boss DPS, can tank Bosses.

Forcemaster: PewPew highest DPS together with KFM

Summoner: Support DPS/Tank class. The Cat can tank certain bosses but definitly not all. A summoner makes a lot of things in your group easier.

Destroyer: Support, subDPS. Mainly taken for the Stun/Knockdown into Pick-Up into throw-up combo. Free DPS and Chi regerneration. Especially poten with a KFM in your group as he can mount the target with an Air combo.

Lyn Blademaster: Support, higher DPS then Destroyer. Similar to Destroyer, the LBM has a Pick-Up where people can free DPS while regenerating Chi, but it is lacking the throw up in the air and does not posses as many CC capabilities as the Destroyer has.

Please consider that I have left out the support skills that nearly every class offers to the group and that those are just the general rules of the classes in dungeon groupplay.

This post has been edited by Aari: Nov 27, 2012 - 3:13 PM

Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Di'el 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Character:디앨 and 아르앨

Posted Dec 03, 2012 - 10:41 AM

I have played on the Korean servers with a FM and a lyn BM for a while and here's my impression...

BM - Main tank/DPS
Hands down the best/easiest class to tank. They have resists, dodges, and a spammable guard to withstand the heavy blows while having decent amount of cc and dps. They also have skills that increase aggro (learned through the talent tree). They also have a bleed skill. (bleed lowers hp regen. important in pve. endgame bosses regen about 3k health per tick)

KFM - Tank/DPS
A bit harder to tank than BMs but still doable. They have spammable counters. Depending on how you build them they can also be one of the highest dps class. They can also bleed the target but it's not that efficient.

Destroyer - Support
They may have high base defense but they the main reason they popular in parties is because of their grab move and cc moves. When a cc'ed target is grabbed, the target is immobile for about 6 seconds. When party members attack the target with any skill they regen their chi. In other words, all other party members bring out the big guns for FREE DAMAGE. This is pretty important especially when there is a rage/wipe timer. Grab has about 18sec cd. They can't tank because they don't have enough survival skills. They don't even have a backstep ss.

FM - PURE DPS/support/ranged tank
My current main class. Arguably the highest DPS class in the game with decent utility. Basically 2-left click-2-left click-2-left click-1-repeat. (but don't actually do this when you are not tanking... guaranteed aggro and raging party members) The dps is so high that ppl actually has to control their dmg output for most of the fight in boss battles. They are a glass cannon with lower base defense and health with fewer survivability skills than other classes though. They also bring a bit of utility to the team with their ice flower (gives all teammates within 30m a buff that freezes them when they get hit and negate damage. buff only last 3 seconds so time it well) or force field (all members in the field resists ranged attacks. field lasts 10 seconds but you cannot do anything before with skill ends or cancelled). They can also tank in some situations. (e.g FM tanking is favored vs Pohwaran because she uses her ranged pattern instead of the melee pattern)

Assassin - DPS/Support maybe?
One of the least popular class in pve but one of the best in pvp. In pvp they don't do much apart from maintaining 5 stacks of bleed with their throwing knives and deal decent dps. Honestly I can say much since I haven't played with them often.

Summoner - Tank/support?
Arguably the worst class in pve and the least popular. Summoners can only heal the cat and itself. The cat can tank but limited to the heals from the summoner. (the heals to the cat cost 20% of the summoner's own health). They also have a few supports skill that functions similar to FMs ice flower (dandelion) and force field (pollen). Since most of their skills and damage output heavily depend on their cat they become near useless when the cat dies.

Lyn BM aka the Yoda class (yes it's an entirely different class) - Sub Tank/DPS/Support
This is my alt class I'm trying out. Due to the popularity of lyns and because it's a new class, the servers are overloaded with them though...
They look like a BM + FM hybrid, but they are more of a BM + destroyer hybrid. Ranged destroyer grab (with chi regen effect), spin to win like a destroyer, and have some similar skill sets with BMs. They can be the main tank using their spammable blocks, resist, and dodge moves but their lower base defense and health makes that a bit difficult (not impossible though). Their damage output is just decent. Their dps will only truly shine when there is another lyn BM or a destroyer in the party to use grab. (When that happens use q+infinite right clicks). They can also bleed the target when built correctly.

User is offline   Mutsugami 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Character:日立六神

Posted Jan 13, 2014 - 9:49 AM

As a Destroyer player, I have to disagree with those who say we can't tank. We can tank, we got skills that increases aggro and our tornado increases 400% def, and we definitely have ss(what ver. of BnS are you playing that Destroyer doesn't has ss?). We might not tank as well as BM due to less efficient lifesteal skills but I think it all boils down to the skill build and the bopae equipped.

User is offline   Yanero 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Character:Sefrion
  • Race:Kun
  • Guild:Majestic

Posted Jan 13, 2014 - 10:00 AM

There are no real class roles, because all classes are multi rolled. With different stats ofc
Posted Image

User is offline   BirdOfHermes 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNifelheim
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Jan 13, 2014 - 9:51 PM

View PostMutsugami, on Jan 13, 2014 - 9:49 AM, said:

As a Destroyer player, I have to disagree with those who say we can't tank. We can tank, we got skills that increases aggro and our tornado increases 400% def, and we definitely have ss(what ver. of BnS are you playing that Destroyer doesn't has ss?). We might not tank as well as BM due to less efficient lifesteal skills but I think it all boils down to the skill build and the bopae equipped.

You posted on a thread where the last post was made on Dec 03, 2012. At that time the Destroyer class had no backstep (SS) move. I agree you can tank with a Destroyer, you can even tank with a FM. Like many others already said, there are no real class roles, you can say the BM is the maintank but you can also do a Dungeon with 4 / 6 LBM and it still would work out.

The upper post are more like to see where their strength lies (even tho they are not up to date).

This post has been edited by BirdOfHermes: Jan 13, 2014 - 9:52 PM

Posted Image

웃어라. 온 세상이 너와 함께 웃을 것이다. 울어라. 너 혼자만 울게 될 것이다

User is offline   astrohawke 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 9:00 AM

If BM is the tank class and they tank by dealing the most damage because there's no aggro skill, then what use are the other dps classes like assassin/FM. Why not bring more BMs.

User is offline   GundamIt 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location电信三区: 神来之笔

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 9:04 AM

KFM is more solo than tank. It has enough invulnerability skills and can kill bosses by just using block repeatedly.
Too much of these unbearably stupid cn players:
-Complete disregard for other party members
-Rampant afk leeching
-Defeatist/Elitist mindset that makes doing daily dungeons a chore

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 4:22 PM

View Postastrohawke, on Jan 14, 2014 - 9:00 AM, said:

If BM is the tank class and they tank by dealing the most damage because there's no aggro skill, then what use are the other dps classes like assassin/FM. Why not bring more BMs.

because not every NPC fight is a boss fight.

User is offline   astrohawke 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 9:34 PM

View PostDayBreeze, on Jan 14, 2014 - 4:22 PM, said:

because not every NPC fight is a boss fight.

Boss fights are what matters though. You can basically do anything to trash mobs. LBMs can also spec to aoe if that matters.

It's just funny because if you consider the holy trinity of tank, healer and dps in standard MMOs, in this game there's no healer and 1 class is both the tank and top DPS. I guess you throw in LBM/Destroyer for alternating CC and spin2win aoe plus 2 BMs and you have ideal party.

Classes like KFM and assassin especially just don't seem to have a role in parties or just fill in as inferior single target dps. Summoner too, not sure what exactly they do in parties except maybe have pet off tank in some cases. At least assassins dominate PvP and so can summoners I've heard. What do KFMs excel at? At one time they were also good in PvP, now they're just hard to play with little benefit to show for it.

User is offline   Elvis W 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:N
  • Guild:N

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 9:45 PM

The roles can be anything, like destroyer can be a SUP, Tank and AOE DPS. Coz' their has different skill trees. And also assassin can be AOE DPS . lol

User is offline   GundamIt 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location电信三区: 神来之笔

Posted Jan 14, 2014 - 10:07 PM

View Postastrohawke, on Jan 14, 2014 - 9:34 PM, said:

What do KFMs excel at?

CC. They have 1 aoe knockdown, 2 aoe stuns (1 is originally specced as a knockback, while the other can be specced into an aoe heal), 1 single target knockdown, 1 aoe knockup, 1 single target root that also doubles as an aoe shield. I'm probably missing a couple. Just because they don't give free chi when they hold a target doesn't mean they're not cc masters.

If you have a couple ranged attacking you as kfm and you have good evasion, the boss can stay down indefinitely since the single target kd has no cd.

This post has been edited by GundamIt: Jan 14, 2014 - 10:12 PM

Too much of these unbearably stupid cn players:
-Complete disregard for other party members
-Rampant afk leeching
-Defeatist/Elitist mindset that makes doing daily dungeons a chore

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users