Blade & Soul Dojo: Which class do you think it'll be most OP in pvp? - Blade & Soul Dojo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which class do you think it'll be most OP in pvp? Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 3:55 PM

Personally I think assassins will be the most OP with all the paralyzing and cloaking skills
데헷데헷

User is offline   Aari 

• Dojo Sensei
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Character:Aari
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 4:04 PM

Currently a well played KFM can nearly not be beaten. Next would be Destroyers since they are tanky as hell and got a really strong healing skill.
Posted Image
Click the Picute for a Livestream with B&S and Tera in 1080p
Youtube Channel with BnS Gameplay & Guides

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 4:13 PM

View PostAari, on Nov 26, 2012 - 4:04 PM, said:

Currently a well played KFM can nearly not be beaten. Next would be Destroyers since they are tanky as hell and got a really strong healing skill.

Are blademasters any good in pvp? I'm thinking of making one
데헷데헷

User is offline   Jayrune 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Lyn
  • Class:Force Master
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 4:30 PM

eeeeh, OP is kind of relative.

i think some classes are going to be easier to excel at by significant margins, so they are going to be more dominant, where as others will be crazy hard to beat when played well, but take a lot of practice to play it well.

since i have not played the game, i don't know which classes will be which, but i'd bet on destroyers being pubstompers, KFM's being the high skillcap but hard to top in a fight, and assassins being hard to kill, and really annoying to fight.

that's all based on impressions though.

So the question becomes, what makes something OP, being too easy to excel with? being too hard to beat when played perfectly? both? The danger with OP assessments is it can easily lead to homogenization of classes to try to balance by class. Class strengths and weaknesses make the game interesting IMO.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 4:56 PM

View PostJayrune, on Nov 26, 2012 - 4:30 PM, said:

eeeeh, OP is kind of relative.

i think some classes are going to be easier to excel at by significant margins, so they are going to be more dominant, where as others will be crazy hard to beat when played well, but take a lot of practice to play it well.

since i have not played the game, i don't know which classes will be which, but i'd bet on destroyers being pubstompers, KFM's being the high skillcap but hard to top in a fight, and assassins being hard to kill, and really annoying to fight.

that's all based on impressions though.

So the question becomes, what makes something OP, being too easy to excel with? being too hard to beat when played perfectly? both? The danger with OP assessments is it can easily lead to homogenization of classes to try to balance by class. Class strengths and weaknesses make the game interesting IMO.

I guess you can say that the class that has the certain set of skills and combos that's hard to deal with? The class that's capable of doing the longest juggling effect? well... I guess player's skill does matter the most. But wouldn't there be classes that has skills which is more effective on pvp than pve /vise versa?

This post has been edited by Zahad: Nov 26, 2012 - 4:57 PM

데헷데헷

User is offline   Jayrune 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Race:Lyn
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 6:30 PM

View PostZahad, on Nov 26, 2012 - 4:56 PM, said:

I guess you can say that the class that has the certain set of skills and combos that's hard to deal with? The class that's capable of doing the longest juggling effect? well... I guess player's skill does matter the most. But wouldn't there be classes that has skills which is more effective on pvp than pve /vise versa?

true, if one particular class has a chain of stuns that can take a same level opponent from 100 to 0, that would definitely qualify as OP. Any class that could completely lockdown an opponent with no counter for any amount of time is gonna be annoying at best, but i think they took care of that with stun break skills.

Will need to see the max level skillsets to see how CC abilities stack up.
Posted Image

User is offline   DayBreeze 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:DayBreeze
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 7:00 PM

Destroyers can spin to win. the spinning move makes them immune to stuns, and they cannot be knocked/pushed around. they are tanky, and can heal huge chunks of HP every time they use the shield skill.

KFM can do combos that take a huge chunk of HP off.

assassins are the same as KFM..... plus stealth... plus long range abilities

summoners have 2 bodies. so very often you waste your precious stuns on the wrong body. they can also heal a lot but you have to stay standing <-- this is not too much of a problem for melee classes since melee classes will rip you up if you stay in the same spot for longer than 2 seconds.

User is offline   Mizuki 

• Dojo Prefect
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • LocationUSA

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 7:42 PM

I would think player skill is a huge factor with being op or not
Posted Image
Lets go Blade and Soul!

User is offline   Surgam 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationReality
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 7:57 PM

There is probably going to be some slight advantages given in certain class match-ups but in the end, like many have said already, player skill matters most.

User is offline   ღKurori~Iaara-Haanღ 

• Dojo Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • LocationWonder Woman's Invisible Jet....You can't see me in that right???
  • Character:Kurori (alt Kiyrino)
  • Guild:N/A

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 9:56 PM

I just flat out think this question is pretty cheesey, I never like anyone asking which class is most OP in pvp, seems as if they would rather hop on a 'easy to win' bandwagon versus just playing something they actually want to and being good with that. Opinion of course as that isn't always the case, I just find this recurring question....less than stellar.

To answer the question however, I guess I'm hearing It's KFM's and Sin's mostly with some Destroyer thrown in.

I'm hearing Sin's that can one-hit?? *shrugs* I dunno. either way, I think what they're mostly running into is skilled players,
but Seraphy made note that 'yes, gear still matters'

Sins, KFM's, Destroyers, BM's
Hope that helped

This post has been edited by ღKurori~Aonaiღ: Nov 26, 2012 - 9:58 PM

Posted Image

☬Forget your regrets, they're better left behind☬

User is offline   Tae-yeon 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Locationcurrently the United States
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:looking

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 10:45 PM

gear is always going to be a factor, no matter what anyone says or how well designed the pvp system is. obviously, there will be advantages to each class and such and you can't blame an assassin for having some powerful skills, its what they do, isn't it? its like people complaining that they get one shot'd by a caster, its what they do and you can't blame them for it. i say, unless there is solid proof that a max level, geared player of a certain class is handing every other class their butts on a stick with an 75% win rate, there shouldn't be any people screaming any class is OP yet. in my opinion all healer classes are OP, they can run around and heal themselves. they are sooooo OP!!! ( i know blade & soul doesn't have any healers)

User is offline   Kuruzu5 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationOrlando,FL
  • Character:Hanja
  • Class:Assassin
  • Guild:Not in one yet

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 2:34 AM

View PostSurgam, on Nov 26, 2012 - 7:57 PM, said:

There is probably going to be some slight advantages given in certain class match-ups but in the end, like many have said already, player skill matters most.

View PostღKurori~Aonaiღ, on Nov 26, 2012 - 9:56 PM, said:

I just flat out think this question is pretty cheesey, I never like anyone asking which class is most OP in pvp, seems as if they would rather hop on a 'easy to win' bandwagon versus just playing something they actually want to and being good with that. Opinion of course as that isn't always the case, I just find this recurring question....less than stellar.

To answer the question however, I guess I'm hearing It's KFM's and Sin's mostly with some Destroyer thrown in.

I'm hearing Sin's that can one-hit?? *shrugs* I dunno. either way, I think what they're mostly running into is skilled players,
but Seraphy made note that 'yes, gear still matters'

Sins, KFM's, Destroyers, BM's
Hope that helped

+1 on this player skill will be the determining factor even if you are not uber geared u still have a margin of victory if you play the class right and chain skill correctly

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users