Popularity of BnS in Korea Rate Topic: -----

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Race:Jin
  • Class:Blade Master

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 10:49 PM

I've visited alot of Korean game sites that has BnS forums and realized that...alot of the people are saying how BnS is a fail.
I was really surprised because, ofcourse, BnS looks totally kickass and I've been waiting for that game since forever, but it seems that (according to them) BnS is a fail after
CBT3 o_o. I started a topic called "Is it worth playing BnS?" and almost 90% said that the only good thing about it is the visual and gameplay is too repetitive. or PVP is a fail!.

What do you guys think? Because from all the videos I watch related to BnS, I think it will be an awsome game :/, but after hearing comments from people who actually played.. I really don't know.
데헷데헷

User is offline   Paarth 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • Character:Paarth
  • Race:Lyn

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 11:02 PM

I`m currently playing in the KR server and the game is really good, I didnt played pvp or duel someone yet, this happens to all games, people say that gw2, swtor, tera, wow, lol, etc... sucks, there is haters in all games, you need play the game that you like, i`m loving BnS and I will play when the NA comes.
My YouTube Channel:
Posted Image

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostPaarth, on Nov 24, 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

I`m currently playing in the KR server and the game is really good, I didnt played pvp or duel someone yet, this happens to all games, people say that gw2, swtor, tera, wow, lol, etc... sucks, there is haters in all games, you need play the game that you like, i`m loving BnS and I will play when the NA comes.

True, but I was really worried because the majority was bashing...and they're BnS players o_o

This post has been edited by Zahad: Nov 24, 2012 - 11:06 PM

데헷데헷

User is offline   Ryochan 

• |~Yorai Dragon~|
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNJ
  • Character:Ryochan
  • Class:Assassin

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well I'd say, never go around expecting nobody to bash something and only praise a game. There will be people that dislike something, or nit pick at something. There will be some that barely played the game, or only played the game through other methods. However all in all, if a game surely has more positive, than negative views, I'd say give it a go and see how it is to you. Then you will be able to determine if you're in the dislike, or like crowd.
http://www.youtube.com/yoraidragon
Rick James: "Cocain Tree Of Savor is a hell of a drug." *giggles*
Posted Image

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 11:17 PM

True, I'm gonna play this game 100% when it comes out. I just hope they're wrong about the horrible gameplay.. and about the fact that it gets boring fast.
데헷데헷

User is offline   LightningKiller 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Character:LightningKiller
  • Class:Kung-Fu Master
  • Guild:HysTeria

Posted Nov 24, 2012 - 11:57 PM

when i was playing , the game was GREAT , never seen a system like that , i'm currently playing , aion , tera , gw2 etc and these games are good as well , but no 1 can compare these games with others , cuz all games have diferent system , tera players will say tera is best , gw2 players will say the same .etc.

like Paarth says : you need play the game that you like..

for me i still playing tera/gw2 and when bns come out i will play it xD!!.

User is offline   Manes 

• King of Bandits (王ドロボウ)
  • Group: Subscriber
  • LocationFlorida
  • Character:Manes
  • Guild:Thieves Den

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 12:33 AM

Do those Korean sites have reviews for this game already?

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostManes, on Nov 25, 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Do those Korean sites have reviews for this game already?

It's been out for awhile now... and apparently alot of people were disappointed.... according to them, it wasn't the game they were expecting.. those koreans with high expectation!
데헷데헷

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 1:55 AM

I bet the Koreans are just like us in the West. The sites you're visiting might be full of Tera players who naturally don't like B&S. Or might be full of trolls/elitists :no:

What I played of it was amazing and I know I can play that for months...
The Koreans are all about pvp, I have a feeling that's what they're truly disappointed about.
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

User is offline   Dobijasek 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Race:Undecided

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 2:08 AM

B&S amazed me from the begin 1st trailer...
This game is just so amazing, but if they do not wake up game will just FAIL.
Currently everything is fine only in short term gameplay, bu while I look on longterm then there is just nothing.
Max lvl you can get in few days, if you r lucky then you get max gear in around once/two weeks, PvP is almost dead, most of ur PvP ranking is from killing opponent faction NPC instead of ONLY players, including here dailies reward and we get PvE(P) LAZY MODE. Before betas they many times said that there wont be any typical quest like kill X mobs and deliver Y items but everyone know what is reality...
The main questin now what with the longterm gameplay if I can maxed out my char in few weeks?Any PvP system exist?

This post has been edited by Dobijasek: Nov 25, 2012 - 2:12 AM

User is offline   discolipz 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • Class:Undecided

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 3:57 AM

You must of asked the wrong people because BnS is still very successful and profitable in KR only equal to it is Gw2. May I remind you that WoW and GW2 are suppose to be failures as well yet WoW just celebrated 8yrs and Gw2 continues to be the top game aside from MW2.

People who are never going to be satisfied with anything so I wouldn't even ask questions about stuff just judge for yourself.
Those people who zoom to max level in a few days and grind to get the best gear in a few days are the ones who ruin an MMO bc they can't get what they want so they have to whine about it 24/7.

I say to fuck what everyone else has to say bc again ppl are naturally negative. Play the game and form your own opinions. If you like it you'll play it if you don't you won't play it and that's that.

Sounds like typical Elitists zooming to max everything and then crying bc they finished everything and claim there's no content...LMFAO....Those guys make me LOL and bc of them that most MMO's don't survive bc of their poisonous whining. If you are bored with something then guess what go do something else instead of spewing your negative comments.

View PostDobijasek, on Nov 25, 2012 - 2:08 AM, said:

B&S amazed me from the begin 1st trailer...
This game is just so amazing, but if they do not wake up game will just FAIL.
Currently everything is fine only in short term gameplay, bu while I look on longterm then there is just nothing.
Max lvl you can get in few days, if you r lucky then you get max gear in around once/two weeks, PvP is almost dead, most of ur PvP ranking is from killing opponent faction NPC instead of ONLY players, including here dailies reward and we get PvE(P) LAZY MODE. Before betas they many times said that there wont be any typical quest like kill X mobs and deliver Y items but everyone know what is reality...
The main questin now what with the longterm gameplay if I can maxed out my char in few weeks?Any PvP system exist?

User is offline   Dobijasek 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 4:46 AM

Sounds like typical Elitists zooming to max everything and then crying bc they finished everything and claim there's no content...LMFAO....Those guys make me LOL and bc of them that most MMO's don't survive bc of their poisonous whining. If you are bored with something then guess what go do something else instead of spewing your negative comments.

If I want then I post negative comments prohibit anyone? Is there somewhere rule that i must post only positive? It is forum so
I express my opinion.
Whatever I do not post here its still my favorite game since 2007 but still B&S may be fail if NCSoft do not expand difficult and PvP system (PvP ranking and PvP dailies based on kill NPC is for me completly nonses, for me today PvP just does not exist...) or any other enought patches.
B&S has the huge potential but atm its rough diamond, now everything is depend on planisher.

This post has been edited by Dobijasek: Nov 25, 2012 - 4:55 AM

User is offline   Soultaker 

• 千ブレードダンシング
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Character:Kyoskae

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 6:10 AM

When it releases for NA im sure pvp/ganking ksing ect will be up 100% lol
Posted Image

Are you someone who loves treasure and close bonds then check out Thieves Den! Click the pretty picture for infos on us ;D

User is offline   shayryu 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Character:No idea yet. :<

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 8:12 AM

Same thing what happened with Tera and SWTOR? High expectations but overrated.
People are hard to please these days, aren't they?
It's not unusual if people played a game for 2-3 months and quit, or maybe it's just no their kind of game and rage on forums then.
Posted Image

User is offline   Jayrune 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip
  • LocationTexas
  • Class:Force Master

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 9:05 AM

As mentioned, some people are just haters for the sake of hating.

As for those who go to max level and then ask "what is there to do?" that's a valid question, but indicative of the type of player you're dealing with. this is a Theme-park player, the kind who plays WoW only for the Raids and when he's done with the current ones sits on their thumbs till the next one is ready. Take those opinions with the appropriate grain of salt. :doubt:

Near as i can tell B&S is mostly theme-park style so this is likely a valid concern, but remedied by patience, don't rush to cap (or roll alts) and you can survive until the next big ride comes out. Would be nice if a bit of Sandbox gameplay is in there (haven't seen it since it doesn't make cool trailers usually, if someone has found it please tell me), that would allow us to make up our own gameplay while we wait for the next ride.

As For PvP fail, gonna need more info, that could simply be lack of people participating. i bet the presence of NPC's that give pvp faction rewards is for precisely that possibility so they aren't stuck waiting for some other faction player to come rolling around. The concern would be whether or not killing the NPC is more efficient that fighting players, if it is then the designer needs a stern disapproving look. :grr:

This post has been edited by Jayrune: Nov 25, 2012 - 9:05 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   JemL 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMéxico

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 12:22 PM

source, links? dont worry if its in korean, but i would like to see what kind of complaints do they have, i stopped playing because i have inmense lag, couldnt stand it.

User is offline   Zahad 

• Dojo Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 1:42 PM

View PostJemL, on Nov 25, 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

source, links? dont worry if its in korean, but i would like to see what kind of complaints do they have, i stopped playing because i have inmense lag, couldnt stand it.

Inven and Ilbe. Well, I know that Ilbe isn't a typical great site, but they have pretty big blade and soul forum there so.. Sadly, I couldn't keep track of my thread, but comments were mostly about pvp failure and CBT3 is worse than CBT2. Also about how items weight alot more than skill in battle.
데헷데헷

User is offline   Removed 

• Dojo Student
  • PipPip

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 2:19 PM

A huge chunk leave a game after the initial month, usually somewhere around 40% of the players. Add to that haters of the style that never even bothered to play the game, or people that played an old game from the same developer that they hated. If there is noone hating on the game its likely that there are also no players.

If there are 500k liking the game, its likely there are also 500k disliking the game, making it very hard to get a fair call on how popular the game is.

For a subscription game (or pay per hour) the popularity of the game should be measured by people paying for the game six months into the game, so find me a site that shows numbers of subscribers and we know how popular the game really is, or a top 10 list of most played games in korea (that isn't based on xfire-like tools). Players during initial month just shows how much hype the game has.

User is offline   Testarossa69 

• Dojo Novice
  • Pip

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 2:33 PM

From what I know it's doing really good so far. Would be nice if we had actual subscription numbers though.

It's important how well it'll do in China. China is a giant and fast growing market, and around half of WoW's subscriptions supposedly come from China. B&S seems to be a game more appealing to asian players than WoW. If it can get a solid player base in China it's long term success is guaranteed.

Considering B&S is already making 20% of NCsoft's profits just from Korean market (compared to GW2's 27% from whole world) it can be a tremendous success if it does well in other areas.

User is offline   Ghastly 

• Large Hammer Master - 槌
  • View gallery
  • LocationIn a swamp!
  • Race:Gon
  • Class:Destroyer

Posted Nov 25, 2012 - 2:43 PM

View PostTestarossa69, on Nov 25, 2012 - 2:33 PM, said:

From what I know it's doing really good so far. Would be nice if we had actual subscription numbers though.

It's important how well it'll do in China. China is a giant and fast growing market, and around half of WoW's subscriptions supposedly come from China. B&S seems to be a game more appealing to asian players than WoW. If it can get a solid player base in China it's long term success is guaranteed.

Considering B&S is already making 20% of NCsoft's profits just from Korean market (compared to GW2's 27% from whole world) it can be a tremendous success if it does well in other areas.

Really good stats there.

Every game has haters, in fact everything in life has haters. It's really up to the countries and its people to support it or not. I'm going to support it if they keep it the same as the Korean version and don't "westernize it"
Posted ImageRemember to read our Forum Rules before posting!
Have a Blade & Soul related question? Check our FAQ before creating a topic/post.
Found a topic/post that violates our Forum Rules? Use the Report button and we'll deal with it!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users