Blade & Soul Dojo: NCsoft Confirms Western Development - News - Blade & Soul Dojo

Jump to content

Rate: ***** 6 Votes
5 6

NCsoft Confirms Western Development of Blade & Soul
NCsoft is thrilled to finally share with us a glimpse into Blade & Soul. The newest MMORPG offers a spine-tingling blend of fast-paced martial arts combat infused with Asian myth and folklore. Conceived by acclaimed artist Hyung-Tae Kim and NCsoft’s Team Bloodlust division, B&S challenges players to seek vengeance on the evil Jin Seoyeon for the murder of the Hongmoon clan. Players can choose from four races, six classes and a variety of professions and take part in PvP conflict from the floating mountains of Crimson Peak to the Suwol Plain.

Check out the official announcement below.

SEATTLE - SEPTEMBER 13, 2012: NCsoft ®, the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), today confirms its Western expansion plans for Blade & Soul, the wildly successful Asian martial arts fantasy MMO developed by Team Bloodlust, an in-house studio based in NCsoft's headquarters in Seoul. Blade & Soul has already captured the hearts of millions, consistently ranking as one of the top games in PC cafés across South Korea since its launch eleven weeks ago, and plans to reach the same level of success and popularity in Western markets.

Blade & Soul brings MMO and RPG gaming communities an online world rich in Asian martial arts, a theme that has traditionally been limited to fighting games. Once Blade & Soul launches in the West, players will have the ability to experience the flowing nature of action martial arts that they have come to love, but will experience it in a modern format blended together with deep story lines and an epic online world populated by millions.

Bringing to life the fantasy style and signature character movement made popular by the classic martial arts adventure films House of Flying Daggers and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Blade & Soul embraces the essence of historic martial arts combat, set in a beautiful world inspired by the stunning art of renowned artist Hyung-Tae Kim, Team Bloodlust's Blade & Soul lead artist. Kim's strong international manga following and his unique style of blending Japanese anime and Korean art will expand Blade & Soul's appeal to a broad range of audiences.

Exact release timing for Blade & Soul has not been confirmed, but NCsoft is already aggressively tailoring the title for Western players, working closely with Team Bloodlust to ensure the rich Asian martial arts theme stays intact.

For more information on Blade & Soul, visit the official website at www.bladeandsoul.com.

About NCsoft
NCsoft®, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games, including the critically acclaimed Aion®, Blade & Soul, Lineage®, Guild Wars® and WildStar™ franchises. NCsoft West is a division of NCsoft that holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America and Australia/New Zealand. More information can be found at www.ncsoft.com.

About Blade & Soul
Blade & Soul®, developed by NCsoft®'s Team Bloodlust, tells the story of players' quest for vengeance and redemption against a backdrop of Asian fantasy, set in a beautifully crafted online world drawn from the work of renowned artist Hyung-Tae Kim. Blade & Soul prominently features martial arts inspired combat and Qing Gong "light body" movement, as depicted in classic Asian martial arts adventure films. For more information on Blade & Soul, visit www.bladeandsoul.com.
Posted in: News

Comments

akainu Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 4:48 PM
HAZA! Can't wait.
Wolfie Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 5:03 PM
AMAZING news, have been holding off on Guild Wars 2 and was finally going to crack and buy it today. This news changed that :D. Also yes I know it is still likely very far off.
Itachi.Uchiha Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 5:10 PM
Couple of things I wish for.

I hope the game will get a single payment system as in GW2. That way I can Actually spend some money for in game content.
But that seems a bit hopeless regarding NCSoft and their love for the green papers.

I hope there will be NO censorship for the western version, although it doesn't look like it since it's r-16, but still. you know the game has some perverted aspects.

For the rest, I CAN'T WAIT. I personally am not a MMO fan, roughly said because of the "boring", button mashing combat action and endless walking, but this game it's design, graphics and awesome combat made me really interested in this. Unreal engine sure accomplished nice things, Tera had also great graphics thanks to it.
I hope I won't be disappointed.
Ghastly Profile Photo Moderators
Sep 13, 2012 - 5:11 PM
Amazing day! :laugh:

Felt like this day would never come lol. Now we need to band together, make guilds and friends, learn everything you can about the game, and get ready to Qing Gong in the world of B&S!

My first official guess for B&S release in the West is Spring 2013.
NCSoft UX Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 5:24 PM
As a heads-up, I have posted a BladeAndSoul.com feedback/wishlist/ideas discussion over here:

Note that at the moment, I am mainly focusing on the BladeAndSoul.com site.
Missingbullet Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 5:37 PM
The rating is still pending for NA: http://us.bladeandsoul.com/en/faq/
Sekuiya Profile Photo Administrators
Sep 13, 2012 - 5:52 PM
Having in mind the minimum age to enter the B&S site is 18 years old, I'm guessing they are expecting to get a 18 rating at PEGI and a M at ESRB.
Genjimaru Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 6:00 PM
*Sheads a tear* I honestly thought BnS would have to waif for WildStar to release in the west before any word of a western launch would come out. I am surprised, and happy! ^_^
Itachi.Uchiha Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 6:25 PM

View PostGhastly, on Sep 13, 2012 - 5:11 PM, said:

Amazing day! :laugh:

My first official guess for B&S release in the West is Spring 2013.

As mentioned in the quote.
I am really going to adept myself to this game. Going to give it my all. So I also want to make friends and guilds. It would be nice if we could meet beforehand and instantly get to it. I live in Europe I would welcome everyone from here as a guild member.

And I agree with the release date guess. Spring 2013 seems to be the most clear choice considering earlier development rates.
Zumi Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 8:02 PM
OMG i was acting like a foo.. Screaming in my chair like a damn fool. My bf was like.."omg here she goes again" -_-;;;;
nanami Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 8:38 PM
I am very very happy. I've had my eye on this game a long time.. I was so disappointed in TERA after a while. This really perked up what had been a really crappy day.
Kite Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 8:39 PM
HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing my brother works for microsoft, cause the time for comp shopping starts now!!!!!
kingdomsqueen Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 8:52 PM
So i heard the news and all i have to say is: yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes!
LilLyn17 Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 9:12 PM
So, this day is finally arrived...the world is suddenly became a better place where to live :' )
Seraphy Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 10:25 PM
Looks like they changed Jin So Ah's clothing. Censorship confirmed?
Alant Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 10:32 PM
Posted Image
Now Im just waiting on the beta
:adore:
RaikoLives Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 10:33 PM
When she rolls away from the breaking table (around 0:30) she's not wearing the changed clothes. Could just be for the trailer.
pixus Profile Photo Members
Sep 13, 2012 - 11:30 PM
I am happy so they are keeping the voice acting right?
kingdomsqueen Profile Photo Members
Sep 14, 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postpixus, on Sep 13, 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

I am happy so they are keeping the voice acting right?

i doubt they'll keep the voices it's probably going to be dubbed in english.
milkmallow Profile Photo Members
Sep 14, 2012 - 2:33 AM
major happiness with this news :embarrassed:
I have been having a look at the official English website (which has launched at last! :dreaming: )
and I am very happy with the quality and detail of the work they've put into describing the game, races, story, etc
yay can't wait for more info etc^^
  • 7 Pages +