Wondering what this is all about? Starting today, the Dojo will be releasing Community Voice articles containing a non-speculative Blade & Soul subject and a poll relating to the subject. Think of these articles as a recap segment of a specific Blade & Soul fact and a chance to voice your own opinions and speculations on the subject at hand.
What We Know About PvP in Blade & Soul
PvP in Blade & Soul is based on an optional flagging system. This means that PvP in Blade & Soul is not forced upon anyone and requires you to actively engage in player battles by equipping special PvP uniforms, or Doboks. Much like all body armor in Blade & Soul these PvP Doboks provide no stat advantages to your character and, besides its PvP purpose, are purely cosmetic.
*Note* New to Blade & Soul's stat customization? See this article for an explanation.
So, how does this work exactly? Upon equipping a PvP Dobok of a certain faction your name will appear red, hostile, to anyone that has the opposing factions Dobok equipped, of course their names will appear red to you as well. Whether or not these PvP Doboks only work in contested zones is currently unconfirmed by Team Bloodlust. We'll be sure to test that out for you in Blade & Soul's second closed beta test event, which will take place next month. Keep in mind that you can not swap out gear once you're in combat to prevent an inevitable defeat. Choose your battles wisely!
How does one obtain these PvP Doboks? You can acquire these Doboks through completing a quest for the corresponding faction upon reaching level 16. You can also buy them from the factions quartermaster if you've misplaced your quest reward Dobok. Blade & Soul's first closed beta test event only contained two PvP Doboks. However, Team Bloodlust has stated that there will indeed be more available in the later levels.
The two PvP Doboks found in Blade & Soul during CBT1.
Community Voice Polls
This wouldn't mean anything without the communities voice, your voice. So, let's here it! What do you think?
What do you think of this system?
- I love it! Here's why...
- I hate it! Here's why...
- I'm neutral. Here's why...
How will you PvP?
- I will wear my PvP Dobok proudly and fearlessly at all times, even if it will lead to my ultimate demise at times.
- I will be a defender, equipping my PvP Dobok only to save or help others.
- I will be a devious rascal, only equiping my PvP Dobok when victory is guaranteed.
- I will equip my PvP Dobok whenever the urge to PvP arises, defender or not.
- I will store my PvP Dobok, hoping to never kill or die to another player.
- *Insert own answer here* Be sure to respond to the article with your own answer.