Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mizuki

Anyone watch Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

9 posts in this topic

This is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. It's about a guy that wants to move away from his early life where he was heavily into anime and games, once he enters a new school he wants to get away from that so he can start a new life and meet girls. Unfortunately for him there's a girl that lives above him that's exactly like he was before Edited by Mizuki

Comedy animes are my favorite type but I've grown tired of the school settings :sad:

They're all starting to feel too similar. When everything becomes similar and watered down that's when it's not fun anymore.

But that's my rant, this is probably a really funny and fun anime :yes:

Moving to culture forum where it's more at home.

I share the sentiment about the school thing. I got tired of just how many are set there, and probably got even more tired of high school stuff just because of me getting older. I mean I've been out of high school for like 4 or 5 years now I don't even know anymore D:

But it's animated by Kyoto Animation so guaranteed the whole show looks stunningly perfect, that's a huge plus. Maybe I'll check it out. As long as it's not super Shonen-y.

Daht eye patch doh... like every anime girl has one now. Unless the girl is wearing it to be like one of those anime characters >.> I think I saw references to other shows in the clip, like Code Geass at 40secs and at 43secs the super strong little girl from Katanagatari.

Animeception

Edited by Awake.

Chuunibyou is fun, but it looks like it's getting a bit more serious and romantic. I'd probably enjoy it more if it stayed as a silly slice of life than a romance with elements of drama.

Still, all things considered, I expect it will be one of my favorite series to come out this year.

I havn't but from that video it does look pretty good. Ill download and start watching it. Thanks :)

NIchijou is hilarious and random and is in a school setting. Also divergent jokes and plot lines converge towards the end, and it acquires an unexpected sentimental tone at times. Or you could look at Shirokuma cafe, which is definitely different. It's also extremely long running somehow. :D

"Cute girls doing cute things"

They're always terribly cliché but they're the only anime I ever watch any more.

I started watching this one yesterday. At first it reminded me of something, something that I had seen already but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Then after I watched episode 3 it hit me like a flying brick after the starting a club thing.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya.

Edit: Finished the series. Funniest show I've seen in a while. The serious turn towards the end was done well enough to keep me glued.

Dekomori is probably my new favorite character is years >:3

+ new sig

Edited by Awake.