Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kogane

Staying Ahead of the Game

47 posts in this topic

actually the KFM did the correct thing, and the FM was wrong. KFM fight best by reacting, the FM's best chance is to get the KFM to chase her, not stand and react. thus it works to the KFM's advantage to keep a large distance between himself and the long range user. keeping a large distance serves 2 purposes against amateurs, and one purpose against experienced fighters.

take this example: if you were going to be shot at by an archer would you rather have the archer shoot at you from 6 meters away, or 100 meters away?. assuming the arrow travels at the same speed in both situations, its common sense your best chance of surviving is from 100 meters away. more time to see the arrow coming, time to think and react, time to catch the arrow. the FM by keeping max shooting distance from the KFM gave him this free counter advantage, and handicapped himself.

The only issue I had with your response is that I DID state the FM was wrong and the KFM was right from the start. Though I can see what confused you from what I was writing as I was referring to the character gender present in the videos. I'll color the response based on the gender I saw in the videos so you can see what I meant. Lol

Other than that small unimportant detail I feel like I learned something from your reply and my own observations---Thanks for giving me the chance to have a look. n n

" The FM did not maintain a managable distance away from the KFM: In the first fight the FM actually ran toward the KFM instead of forcing them to come after them. In doing so he set himself up to be hit by the flame palm bounce that stunned him the first time around, and again when he didn't focus on getting away instead of attacking after doing his back dash.

These two mistakes allowed him to get stunned twice and stuffer pretty bad damage with the distance leap attack the KFM was doing. Didn't help that every time the KFM was moving he was either moving closer or just standing there when he shouldn't be."

It should be easier to see what I meant when I said that. xD Though again this isn't all that important so much as making sure you understood what I wrote.

haha at least you know how you typed your message.

Yes, what a message ?_?

I appreciate the enthusiasm for trying to learn more about the game, KFMs are great :)

Yes, what a message ?_?

I appreciate the enthusiasm for trying to learn more about the game, KFMs are great :)

Of course~. Please do continue to give PvP advice here if you think of any more to share that has not already been provided. I feel learning early is what provides a constant source of enjoyment in games like this...and I want to enjoy every aspect of the game.

Pretty interesting topic you've brought up, but I highly doubt those premium players that spend so many years developing would openly share their "route's to success".

I've got myself a pretty solid set of "training" procedures too, which have only one weak spot = taking really a lot of time.

But I can't see the point of making such stuff public, it would only make your opponents stronger or raise the avarage PvP skill level.

You'll simply end up being forced to come up with something again.

*Made me feel bit nostalgic of RO SHR's*

When it comes to learning anything first hand, mistakes are what will enable you to grow, so long as you can learn from them. A simple mantra that many people KNOW but never actually DO is try, try and try again. The old saying of not giving up is exactly what you'll need to have if you want to succeed in PvP (and in anything, generally).

As DayBreeze shows, taking a loss and accepting it, analysing what went wrong and improving from there is how you escalate yourself above those who complain and moan about broken mechanics and OP classes.

In the mean time, keep yourself in practice, play a game that has an emphasis on PVP gameplay. League of Legends is great for DOTA, and Dragon Nest has amazing combat for PVP.

Good luck!

Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard.

Lets have more video analysis! We've covered FM vs. KFM,

Post some videos later.

The next one on the list should be one of these

KFM vs. BM

KFM vs. ASN

KFM vs. DS

KFM vs. SMN

KFM vs. KFM

DS vs BM

DS vs ASN

DS vs FM

DS vs SMN

DS vs. DS

FM vs ASN

FM vs BM

FM vs SMN

FM vs FM

BM vs ASN

BM vs SMN

BM vs. BM

ASN vs SMN

ASN vs ASN

SMN vs SMN

Post some videos later.

KFM vs. BM

KFM vs. ASN

KFM vs. DS

KFM vs. SMN

KFM vs. KFM

DS vs BM

DS vs ASN

DS vs FM

DS vs SMN

DS vs. DS

FM vs ASN

FM vs BM

FM vs SMN

FM vs FM

BM vs ASN

BM vs SMN

BM vs. BM

ASN vs SMN

ASN vs ASN

SMN vs SMN

:O

i don't like to reward the lazy :O

i like to encourage critical and smart thinking. the first few bits of advice from players in this thread is exactly that..... KFM vs FM is all you will get out from me.

i like to encourage critical and smart thinking. the first few bits of advice from players in this thread is exactly that..... KFM vs FM is all you will get out from me.

Besides you can probably find more of this stuff on youtube anyway. > _> I've already watched quite a few before this thread had even been created. lol

A person truly interested won't be lazy.

Post some videos later.

KFM vs. BM

KFM vs. ASN

KFM vs. DS

KFM vs. SMN

KFM vs. KFM

DS vs BM

DS vs ASN

DS vs FM

DS vs SMN

DS vs. DS

FM vs ASN

FM vs BM

FM vs SMN

FM vs FM

BM vs ASN

BM vs SMN

BM vs. BM

ASN vs SMN

ASN vs ASN

SMN vs SMN

(-__-)

That post just started a fire in me which is making me study this thing like it was an actual serious college course. I'm now taking lots of notes on it.

(-__-)

That post just started a fire in me which is making me study this thing like it was an actual serious college course. I'm now taking lots of notes on it.

GO! young one. A WHOLE NEW WORLD AWAITS!

Yeah daybreeze, this is issue that concerns me a lot too. Atm when I pulling a whole dungeon with my bm for farming purpose my game is lagging like hell.

6 vs 6 is like the dredgion in Aion (ncsoft game :D)

Aion ? I'm still effin' playing Aion.

The PvP system has turned that game into zerg vs zerg. NO SKILL REQUIRED, no honor in battles.

My question for the Aion pvp like pushers is: Do you really want to see that in BnS ?

The PvP system has turned that game into zerg vs zerg. NO SKILL REQUIRED, no honor in battles.

My question for the Aion pvp like pushers is: Do you really want to see that in BnS ?

No, no i do not want to see pvp currency loss tyvm.

I also don't want to see +/-10% damage done gear, but maybe that's just me.

I was talking about the dredgion, that I want to see somekind of 6vs6 Arena in BnS, you quote me and than you babble something about the current Aion (which is crap and at no time I was refering to the current Aion).

Edited by Ghastly
Offensive language

Posters above have good tips. Especially about learning your opponent's skills and tendencies. Me, well I always keep a spare weapon with PvP gems along with defense focused/oriented rings, earrings, and a necklace in my inventory. Whenever I do PvP dailies and I have a chance to be jumped or for duels, I where the items. Another thing I do is this: After completing an endgame dungeon I always challenge the party members to a 1vs1 duel (in the end boss room so there are no distractors. Usually it's a best of three match and most of the time I learn something new about the opponent's class. Practice makes perfect (or close to it).

Building upon the whole "learn yourself and learn your opponents" thing--I think one way to stay ahead of the game would be to often practice with friends. You and your friends can improve together and learn a lot from your battles.

PVP in just about every game is about reaction. Even reducing your reaction time by .01 seconds makes a big difference. Hence, I do the following in this order:

1) set up macros and key bindings as efficiently as possible that reduces your hand movement. I use WASD for character movement so I put my most common skills on the 1-6 keys. The rest goes to a 6 button mouse. I also use modified options so the same keys can do 2+ skills. My hand never moves. Only the fingers. Mouse clickers will always lose.

2) muscle memory. I read someone mention this and he's right. Learn your characters skills so closely and where those skills are bound to your keyboard that you will never have to look down on it and you will reduce your reaction time.

3) learn the skills of your opponents. Know the animation. Know the order of combos.

4) survival is more important in PVP than your dps. If you have anything on you that increases it, know when to use it.

Building upon the whole "learn yourself and learn your opponents" thing--I think one way to stay ahead of the game would be to often practice with friends. You and your friends can improve together and learn a lot from your battles.

Yeah I had that idea as well... getting guildies to come to certain location and run a Dojo like event where you pair certain people to 1v1 and explain what they did right and wrong and help everyone learn how to counter each class.~

I plan to this when the game is released in the US. ~experience is the best teacher~

So next time try to read AND understand before you quote someone and post absolutely retarded stuff.

Okay, perhaps I misunderstood your point. Your rash reply though, was quite uncalled for.

-

As a former L2 / current Aion player (I like to consider myself a PvPer as well), also from the personal experience of playing BNS, I don't believe the PvP system will be as balanced as one might think or hope.

Unfortunately, NC has a tendency of overpowering their mages.

Edited by HowlingWolf

Okay, perhaps I misunderstood your point. Your rash reply though, was quite uncalled for.

-

As a former L2 / current Aion player (I like to consider myself a PvPer as well), also from the personal experience of playing BNS, I don't believe the PvP system will be as balanced as one might think or hope.

Unfortunately, NC has a tendency of overpowering their mages.

nah,some melee classes(bm,lbm) of B&S are stronger than mage.first mmo that I see that mages are not OP

So I admit to being fairly new to this sort of PvP--or really PvP in an MMORPG setting in the first place. I only really know what I've learned from just listening to people talk on other games and what little I got out of the four years of playing S4. (Which will most likely amount to nothing in this game. XD)

I suppose the primary thing I want out of this topic is to learn just how exactly one prepares for PvP when you intend to make that a big part of your MMO. What helps you in matches? What do you pay close attention to as far as information goes? Would you play every class of character so that you can understand what their play style is like? Do you watch PvP videos a lot?

What exactly do you do when you want to make sure you learn and profit fast in your PvP knowledge in a new game? (I do understand that B&S is quite a bit different from your usual PvP---but I think right now I'm intrigued by the theory of preparation more than anything.)

Topic start~!

I'm all about learning my class as I level. Sometimes I'll practice combos on a mob, although it usually dies before I have the chance to work my full combo on it. I try to PVP whenever I get the chance, even if it isn't at level cap. I know some people rush to level cap and then PVP, but I prefer to PVP as I climb my way to level cap so by the time I reach level cap I've already been exposed to most of the classes base skills and all as well as basic PVP fundamentals! (:

^ Sounds like something I'd do, too.

Getting used to combos on mob then trying them in PvP to see their effects on players.

If you PvP as you level you might learn some essentials about the other classes at their early levels, too.

I really dont think there's anything more to it than to just practice until you figure it out and then practice more till you master it.

Regarding equipment or skill sets, though, I haven't the slightest idea ^-^;