Rahzzy

Blade & Soul Cash Shop Show

92 posts in this topic

Never said it's P2W.

I said it's imbalanced.

And there's nothing you can say to prove it otherwise.

Only balanced cash shop is purely cosmetical cash shop with untradeable items.

Anything else is imbalanced.

Might as well not argue with someone who puts words into my mouth and ignores everything I've actually written.

It's quite clear you don't have a grasp of "balance" and what can upset it. You can't even give reasons why you feel the way you do. I'll make this easy:

Gold sellers = bad. Tradeable cash shop items are a good way to combat gold selling because people who have the cash to spend the money on gold can instead keep it all in the economy. It keeps gold selling relatively in check and players happy. Exp boosts are negligible at best, having a higher level than someone else does nothing unless your guild is handing out rewards or something idiotic.

cash shop is bad only if it features pay to win.

EXP boost? that's not pay to win. if a level 30 fights another level 30 with EXP boost, the boost won't make their hits stronger and harder. it won't make them run faster in combat, it won't increase their battle stats...... which then just lets us all see that you guys have no idea what 'pay to win' is.

if they wanna introduce a cash shop item that gives infinite run stamina, that would be fine, it does NOT effect combat.

Exactly my opinion and thanks for saving me time to write this xD

Buy to play ($40 or under would be an awesome deal) with a heavily cosmetic cash shop (the more costumes the merrier) please! I believe this simple model fits Blade and Soul very well.

I think a B2P model is better if they are planning to add a cash shop. People have shown that they WILL purchase cool looking things for characters, they enjoy playing from Lol alone being as successful as it is with a B2P model they would Increase the amount of people that would be drawn to the game (its common knowledge by now that people are growing tired of the P2P business model) and at the same time they could add outfits to the store to keep revenue flowing.

PS to touch on the subject on P2W, Pay to win implies giving 1 player a gross advantage over another this is mainly done through things such as giving them actual combat stats or giving them various other boons that are too strong within a direct and sometimes indirect sense. Lets say that they start selling Max lvl Gems that are Obviously going to be a high valued item. This Directly is not P2W but depending on how hard it is to obtain said gems it can become P2W, it will also grossly effect the in-game economy due to people reselling them making the cash shop a Indirect gold market.

PPS. the idea of giving 1 person infinite stamina was imo a flawed example in a game with open world pvp if someone can just run away forever it forces u to give up chase this kills the possibility of interesting dynamic stories players could have had about chasing some guy who killed a bud down etc.

Edited by Mythicalbrit

Everything what you can buy in cash shop, what can be trade for anything in game is P2W. Different is only scale - how much need to buy to get obvious advantage.

But even costumes are unfair in P2P model - because why some content should be blocked for me while I pay full price for game?

Every single MMO is pay to win.

The difference is that in the ones with cash shops the money goes to the developers, while the ones without cash shops, the money goes to Chinese gold sellers. I'd rather have the people paying to win support the developers.

I do not see reason to support developers who want support unfair game. And no cash shop make this proceder much more restricted.

I miss the good old mmos where p2p REALLY meant p2p and not these modern p2p crap with cashshop. I have absolutely agree to Zenek. I´ve heard from some ppl that you could sell the new winter outfits and sell them for 300 gold in npcs (because you can buy them for 1k gold ingame) and don´t know if they fixed it. Even the dumbest ppl should realize that that isn´t very smart. Just a small example how fast you can ruin the economy in a mmo.

Everyone says it's cool and if it's B2P they're fine with that. Well let's stick to the facts - this is korean B&S that is P2P with cash shop, and now this cash shop is starting to get items that give stats and exp boost.

Someone grab a bucket cause this cash cow is about to get milked harder as time passes. :hell_boy:

Edited by Zef

An economy is build on the people who use it, not what the game developers decided once. :confident:

And is realy EVERYTHING in the cash shop tradeable? Makes sence some items are (NT) Non-Tradeable.

Yours exclusive item, like the exp. booster.

And here is my idea about the EXP. booster: so what? :doubt:

I care abou the game from lvl. 1 till cap, socialize with people, exploring the world, having fun with all dungeons.

Reaching cap lvl.: "hmmm reached top lvl......what to do now?" :surrender:

And the PvP, I'm not stupid to face 1 thats few lvl.s higher then me. :beated:

I aim for equal lvl., or maby 1 á 2 levels higher then me, tops. And the weaker ofc. :big_smile:

And all of the outfits from the shop....I hope they ad a archive or something to store youre wardrobe.

Hate to have a bank and backpack full of clothes.

^ I guess a lot of people have the same thinking as you do, "I reach max level and what should I do?" Well, in fact there's plenty of other things you can actually do without mentioning side quests, helping friends to do quest and so on. You can also explore the world of Blade and Soul, it's also one of the main variety of the game, their maps are so big and so so beautiful to be describe in words.

And as for the PvP, it's actually not about the levels, it's about how skillful you are with the job you are playing. If you're good at using it, make use of the certain correct combination at each timing, you would be able to defeat any job at any level but of course the range must not be too far.

At least, that's how I think about those 2 things.

I feel like some people in this thread are basically just saying: I want the game as cheap and as close to f2p as possible (b2p, and at discount please) but I insist that it keeps running for years and I don't want anyone else to pay my share of supporting the game by spending money on best selling items.

NCsoft's goal is to make money, NCSoft is not Blizzard and can't expect 1m copies sold of a game in 1 week. Like someone said, p2p w/ limited cash shop works, if someone is willing to spend their RL money so the game you play can keep operating well, then better get used to the idea. If they don't sell it, farmers will and people will still be better geared than you either way.

Truth is, if a p2p+limited cash shop doesn't make money, then f2p with retarded game changing cash shop will be introduced (like l2!),and then you'll wish you hadn't complained about a couple of gems and some xp boosters!

^ I guess a lot of people have the same thinking as you do, "I reach max level and what should I do?" Well, in fact there's plenty of other things you can actually do without mentioning side quests, helping friends to do quest and so on. You can also explore the world of Blade and Soul, it's also one of the main variety of the game, their maps are so big and so so beautiful to be describe in words.

And as for the PvP, it's actually not about the levels, it's about how skillful you are with the job you are playing. If you're good at using it, make use of the certain correct combination at each timing, you would be able to defeat any job at any level but of course the range must not be too far.

At least, that's how I think about those 2 things.

That is something what make me wonder, what after reach to max lvl?

PvP - BG and (IMO) bad designed faction wars, not too much

PVE - Instances grind - I hate instances, especially when need reaped it to reach goal

And?

That is nice if world is big and beautiful... but I guess empty. How long is possible to explore it? I guess there is not any housing building, castle sieges etc. That is not sandbox ...

"it's about how skillful you are with the job you are playing"

:D

I remember ppl keep saying exactly same thing about Tera, before released in west...

Edited by Zenek

When you get to end level all you need to do is play more, do quests, find more items, more weapons, more costumes, hang out with friends, sell things, train and hone your skills, try new builds. Once that runs out you can either play for the fun of it or wait for the next update. B&S released recently so we cannot expect it to have as much content as a game for which the end level is 100 or more.

The question B&S subs should be asking is "do I like the updates they release every other month?" If the answer is yes then it's a game worth your time.

p2p with cash shop is nothing new, if it's all vanity and doesn't include game changing things like better weapons then it's not bad. NCsoft needs to be careful with this. Their last cash shop update had some advanced weapons and stuff.

KeepD - most of the people here are saying that we want game to be fair.

If it's P2P then it's P2P on both ends - money from subs for them, fair play with 0 advantages for $ us. Not subs + cashshop for them, and "free" to play issues starting to rear it's ugly head.

And for all i know B&S is or at least for a while was number one mmo in korea surpassing Bli$$ard's diablo 3 in number of players, and since it's P2P, it's certainly not a poor underfunded project that needs every penny from CS to survive.

And point of company, any company is to deliver quality products. They just think it's money. But if you sit long enough and think about what you need money for, what it really is, you'll see it's about everything but money;)

It´s like in many economic sectors: More and more ppl from business administration are the boss in companys. Why should that be different for mmo publishers?

Easy calculation:

A greedy and smearier manager think about the release of a mmo "insert random name" for the western market. He or she would set up a expected lifetime for let us say 2 years. Than he or she think about the payment model. Do we go p2p or f2p or do we try maximum exploitation with a "fake" p2p model with cashshop?

If he or she decide for a p2p model:

Then just calculate the expected rate of return of a pure p2p model against a "fake" p2p model with cashshop. In the last model a significant number of ppl wouldn´t play the game, so we are just smart and lie to the publicity that we do not want to release the game with cashshop. The ppl are gonna buy the game and pay for some month and then, surprise, surprise, the cashshop will be introduced. If the loss of subscription income can be more than balanced with the additional income from the cashshop, it´s obviously that the latter model will be used.

Since ppl are dumb, stupid or unaware of the facts, latter model, that means maximum exploitation with subscription fee + cashshop, or f2p games will be more and more mmo standard.

It´s obviously basically the same tendency with offline game:

In the past you bough a offline game and you got the whole content. Sometimes one or two addons would be added to this, but this was okay because a significant amount of content would be added for additionally moderate payment.

Nowadys a offline game would be developed and before it´s gonna released a lot content will be immediately cut away so they can sell this as "DLCs". It´s exploitation, nothing more. I remember the release of Fallout: New Vegas. Before the game was released, they announced the first DLC. This is just shameless!

P2P models nowadays means exactly the same: You have to pay extra cash to get the whole, possible, content in periodically intervals.

Edited by Janshi

You forgot the B2P part - buy to pay for subs after that and ofc cash shop;) Gotta keep gold digging up to some standards :big_smile:

But i'll look over that minor flaw in your post on account it being generally awesome :smooth: