Ghastly

Final Fantasy XIV - Reborn

1898 posts in this topic

Primals were pretty much Avatars and "Burning Circle Notorious Monsters" (AKA instanced battles/dungeons).

Sometimes they were part of missions/story quests. Other times they were part of the Summoner's class trial quests.

And that Shiva doesn't look anything like the original (FFXI) one o.o

Original one was way better looking IMO.

Well I think the original didn't look primal enough...

Lets see how they do this and if the Summoner has quests to hunt down all the primals like in FF11

I'm not really liking this version of Shiva. I'll withhold final judgment for now though. I do like what they did with Garuda and Ifrit though. Odin looks cool too.

Shiva looks too human...I like the concept art though. Maybe I just need to see her in blue. Favorite Shiva is still FFVIII Shiva

I agree that the original art does look a lot better I do like the floaty cape thing though :3 My fav Shiva is probably FFX Shiva.

Can the Summoner actually summon primals in battle or is it just some magic based on primal's power? And are the summons the type that stay with you as you battle or are they a one time, pop out, do some move and then go away type?

Some stay with you almost permanently. Some others use too much mana over time to keep active so you gotta recall them after you use the attack or spell you wanted.

Still, this could have changed. This is how it was in FFXI.

Ah right, I forgot that Summoner is a new job from the new Arcnaist class in ARR.

I'm interested to see what class skills will be available to Summoner since the rest are all predetermined.

Ah right, I forgot that Summoner is a new job from the new Arcnaist class in ARR.

I'm interested to see what class skills will be available to Summoner since the rest are all predetermined.

It'll definitely be interesting as in previous FFs the only skills summoners had other than summoning was white magic.....Hmmm very intriguing!

Someone didn't play FFT Summoner :D

Not pointing fingers or anything ;3

i recall the only actions Summoners had were...Summons :surrender: Some of them gave buffs/effects right?

Unless you're referring to some passives :O

Edited by Famfrit

i recall the only actions Summoners had were...Summons :surrender: Some of them gave buffs/effects right?

Unless you're referring to some passives :O

Summoner prerequisite was Time Mage.

Time Mage prerequisite was Wizard.

Wizard prerequisite was Chemist.

So at bare minimum, you'd have access to Chemist, Black Magic, and Time Magic (which ended up being a must since the higher level spells took so long to cast).

Ahh, I miss FFT. One of my favorite FF games (and favorite FF Universe).

FFT aside, I'm actually looking forward to XIV. It looks to be shaping up quite nicely. Hopefully I'll get selected for beta—FINGERS CROSSED.

Can the Summoner actually summon primals in battle or is it just some magic based on primal's power? And are the summons the type that stay with you as you battle or are they a one time, pop out, do some move and then go away type?

IIRC Summoners in FFXIV will be able to summon primals but so will everyone else assuming they first do some sort of event when they kill/capture the primal in the wild first. Upon doing so you'll be able to summon it once. After that you'll have to go defeat it again. Beyond that summoners will have other things they can summon that share some of the magic primals have but are not the primals themselves. I think they mentioned Carbuncle being one of a summons a summoner will get to use regularly but Ifrit,Garuda, and seemingly Shiva will be hard to obtain and (hopefully) quite powerful.

This is of course unless Yoshi P changed his mind on all that. For now though I'd say primals are on a level of their own then normal summons are under that.

Hmm, i'm not sure how I feel about other classes being able to summon primals but I think I will like this if I don't play summoner lol

I kind of agree but I think they did that to avoid guilds having to bring Summoners to fights if they wanted to use a primal they defeated which is somewhat understandable.

If t hey make it some kind of group event then it would be pretty amazing.

Maybe they could make it pvp battles for primal summons.

Edited by Vhex

Latest video. Makes an interesting change from Navigator's Glory, the original theme.

I'm thinking they'll make some kind of announcement this week. If not surely next week out to do it. I mean they can't wait much longer if they want to get the first phase going soon like previously suggested.

I had a panic attack and thought it had already started for a second.

I'm so excited for this game you have no idea x3 Can't wait to make my little lalafell!

Edited by Radii

Anyone got invited yet?

Anyone got invited yet?

No beta invites have been sent out yen.

FFUnion are hosting an 'Ask Square Enix' thingy along with their podcast http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/ask-square-enix-episode-1-questions--2179.html Thought it might interest you guys ^_^

I asked a question about FF14 and their future plans for it, also whether the combat system would hold up in today's market.

Edited by Famfrit