rendermax

Fan-made renders using client files

77 posts in this topic

I am stupid...

When i'm trying to use 2nd Gildor's video guide with commands something like using common cmd:

C:\Documents and Settings\Snake\Desktop\New Folder>umodel -export 00004619.upk

im getting this:

Found 1 game files (9 skipped)
Loading package: 00004619.upk Ver: 573/1 Engine: 4205 Names: 71 Exports: 1 Impor
ts: 15 Game: 8000
******** 00004619.upk ********
*** ERROR: assertion failed: Pos == ArPos

FFileReader::Seek:File=00004619.upk, pos=-320535256 <- UnPackage::SetupReader <-
LoadObject:MaterialInstanceConstant'00004619.col1', pos=C25, ver=573/1, game=80
00 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:00004619.upk:0 <- LoadWholePac
kage <- Main

If im trying to make shortcut for umodel with parameters like:

C:\Windows\umodel.exe -path="C:\program files\BNS" -game=bns -meshes

so my is:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Snake\Desktop\New Folder\umodel.exe -path=D:\Games\B&S\BnS_CBT2 -game=bns -meshes 

Tryed it in different variations of commands, also tryed to use

umodel [command] [options] <package> [<object> [<class>]]

as exmaple.

Im getting this:

"The name 'C:\Documents and Settings\Snake\Desktop\New Folder\umodel.exe -path=D:\Games\B&S\BnS_CBT2 -game=bns -meshes' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

With help of Gildor's 1st video on his site, using

"C:\Documents and Settings\Snake\Desktop\New Folder\umodel.exe" -meshes -path="D:\Program Files\UDK"  CH_IronGuard_Male.upk

i got it working, it seems easy & works fine. But when im trying to do same with B&S model im getting something like this

Found 1 game files (9 skipped)
Loading package: 00004619.upk Ver: 573/1 Engine: 4205 Names: 71 Exports: 1 Impor
ts: 15 Game: 8000
******** 00004619.upk ********
*** ERROR: assertion failed: Pos == ArPos

FFileReader::Seek:File=00004619.upk, pos=-320535256 <- UnPackage::SetupReader <-
LoadObject:MaterialInstanceConstant'00004619.col1', pos=C25, ver=573/1, game=80
00 <- UObject::EndLoad <- UnPackage::CreateExport:00004619.upk:0 <- LoadWholePac
kage <- Main

How umodel does understand command

-game=bns

or

-game=D:\Games\B&S\BnS_CBT2\bin\Client.exe

?

I've spent about 2 hours trying it in different ways, but still cant make umodel to work with B&S files...

Can anyone make a video how they are doing it through cmd or shortcut with B&S files or at least explaing more detailed?

I understand that everyone saying that "C:\Windows\umodel.exe -path="C:\program files\BNS" -game=bns -meshes" is easy, but its not working for me for reason that i do not understand.

I am sorry to tell you this, but umodel does not work with CBT2 files yet :(

You are doing everything right, you just have to get CBT1 files, then you'll be able to extract it.

P.S. If anyone knows which upk the head meshes are in I'be most grateful!

I think I've searched them all and cant find heads or eyes :(

I can't do anything with those umodel, etc. Is it due to the win32 version ? Nowadays 64bit versions are more common, it's strange that there isn't any 64bit version of that soft.

And how do we find the CBT1 client ? It's sad for people who'd like to try but have CBT2 client :(

I can't wait to try modeling them.

PS : The .bat files you posted Rendermax just need to paste the code in a text document that you rename in .bat with the name you gave ? Sorry about it but I'm very bad at coding or developping anything so any explanation could be nice.

I can't do anything with those umodel, etc. Is it due to the win32 version ? Nowadays 64bit versions are more common, it's strange that there isn't any 64bit version of that soft.

And how do we find the CBT1 client ? It's sad for people who'd like to try but have CBT2 client :(

I can't wait to try modeling them.

PS : The .bat files you posted Rendermax just need to paste the code in a text document that you rename in .bat with the name you gave ? Sorry about it but I'm very bad at coding or developping anything so any explanation could be nice.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ad8qhjpgfafxq <-cbt1

Really nice. Is it really difficult to do? From some of the posts it doesn't sound to easy

Edited by Garzel

Thanks a lot for the links :)

Somebody know if there is an available 64bits version of Umodel ? When I launch the .exe a command window open and close directly. I don't understand the use of the .bat files posted too, I'm maybe weird but if some kind people are motivated to explain a bit, it will be welcome :)

Thanks a lot for the links :)

Somebody know if there is an available 64bits version of Umodel ? When I launch the .exe a command window open and close directly. I don't understand the use of the .bat files posted too, I'm maybe weird but if some kind people are motivated to explain a bit, it will be welcome :)

Pretty late... but that is because UModel has no GUI (graphical user interface). It's a command prompt.

If you install CBT1 and just want to take a look at the meshes, download UModel, make a shortcut. Then in that shortcut, add the following after the path to UModel.

-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayNC\BnS_CBT1\contents\bns\CookedPC" -game=bns -meshes

^Or wherever you installed it too.

Then just drag a file onto the shortcut and if it has a mesh, it will display it. If you want to do huge renders and such, I can't help. I'm still trying to figure out how to mix and match meshes myself.

Edited by Seraphy

Sorry to bump a semi old thread but I have followed all the instructions and am able to get everything for render. I have a slight problem though, how do I get the opacity to work one the eye lashes? My head models only have two slots (I'm using 3ds Max), a diffuse for skin and diffuse for eyes. Could some one who was able to get the eye lashes to work properly help me out please?

Cheers

WoobiE

I am sorry to tell you this, but umodel does not work with CBT2 files yet :(

You are doing everything right, you just have to get CBT1 files, then you'll be able to extract it.

P.S. If anyone knows which upk the head meshes are in I'be most grateful!

I think I've searched them all and cant find heads or eyes :(

Can't you just upload a download CBT1 game file for us to download?

It would help those who just want the 3d models. :wave:

Can't you just upload a download CBT1 game file for us to download?

It would help those who just want the 3d models. :wave:

That is little outdated, UMODEL support now any client from CBT2, even Realse version.

That is little outdated, UMODEL support now any client from CBT2, even Realse version.

Do you have a step by step version for the CBT2? I just want one of the male Gon characters to use for animation in Maya.

I really don't care for the textures or the clothing.

Do you have a step by step version for the CBT2? I just want one of the male Gon characters to use for animation in Maya.

I really don't care for the textures or the clothing.

1) download Umodel and extract files to C:\windows

2) Open Notepad and paste that:

@ECHO OFF
cls
for /f %%a IN ('dir /b *minimap*.xxx *.upk *.umap') do umodel -game=bns -export -out="C:\bns3" -all %%a
del %%a

3) Now save file as <name>.bat in CookedPC folder for eg: "C:\Program Files\plaync\bns\contents\bns\CookedPC"

4) run script and wait for end extracting process (it will tahe few moments ;p)

5) Let now find someone skeletal mesh in exported folder (C:\bns3), once is in 00002654 so there you have ur model

6) Paste files from hat folders to once location "00002652\Texture2D" and "00002653\MaterialInstanceConstant"

7) When you open ur model in 3dsmax you have to now load textures, I rly do not remember what way exactly was but you need to load "col1.mat" and 3ds will automaticly load textures for diffuse, noraml and specular

8) after that every will be done but you steel need add transparent otherwise you will get that effect, that I remember you can load alpchachannel from u_normal but not sure (again I cant say you how it load because there you have to enable one option while load alpcha but I just do not remember that and now I do not have installed 3ds)

9) If you want get somone pose you have to load animaions but you need to use "ActorX Importer for 3ds Max" plugin

(any animations are placed in AnimSet folder or just use search for *.psa files)

10) I do not know how o load heads so do not ask me for that

11) If you are dealing with modeling using 3ds then you should do not have any problem, inf not then GL because that is little hard for beginner and much worse if you can write scripts for made packages with .psk .mat and texutre files because finding them manually isnt that a way xD

Edited by Dobijasek

Sorry about this, What file am I saving in the CookedPC folder?

where do I find this .BIN file or do I create one?

Edited by macbrown

Sorry about this, What file am I saving in the CookedPC folder?

where do I find this .BIN file or do I create one?

lol, name doesnt meter, important is extension .bat - it is just batch script

Question;

I converted everything in the CookedPC folder (at about 14.3GB of extracted data of CBT2) and as I'm going through the first models, I already see that some textures are missing; for instance, the default outfit (00001_.., 00002_,... etc), I get textures for Jin and Kun, but not for Gon or Lyn. Did I miss something?

Help appreciated, thanks.

Question;

I converted everything in the CookedPC folder (at about 14.3GB of extracted data of CBT2) and as I'm going through the first models, I already see that some textures are missing; for instance, the default outfit (00001_.., 00002_,... etc), I get textures for Jin and Kun, but not for Gon or Lyn. Did I miss something?

Help appreciated, thanks.

Do you know how to extract Gon Male UPK files? And how to find this file?

Edited by macbrown

Hi there!

I compliment you for these awesome renders.

About this I have a question too. I successfully extracted all the needed files (heads, hairs, clothes, etc) and I have no problem putting the parts together. But is it just me, or the Gon female head is quite weird? When I apply the texture, lashes are all blocky and without opacity, thing that doesn't happen with the other models. The texture seems to be with no alpha channel too.

Since you menaged to render all the B&S races, how did you render the Gon female? Where can I find the right texture or head mesh? Thank you.

Edited by LexyJones

I decided to try

there you are.....

post-3664-0-50317200-1312294326_thumb.jpg post-3664-0-23759000-1312294356_thumb.jpg post-3664-0-54593000-1312294375_thumb.jpg

Omg they look like figures :adore:

IDEA: TBL/NCsoft or whoever makes Blade and Soul needs to make B&S figurines :D

As soon as i managed to use umodel (unreal model viewer) i feel like i need even more to see those gorgeous models from cbt1 client, so i decided to start rendering with 3dsmax some of those models.

There are some other posts full of umodel screenshots, there u can find upk and psk file names, with that you can render any armor u like, its really fun and takes more time to decide what to choose than the render process itself.

All you need is umodel + ActorX Importer (for 3dsmax) all free from gildor.org. You can use -export command with umodel to extract psk/pskx (meshes/skeletons), psa (skeleton animations), and tga textures, thats all u need to start rendering at your own, you just need to go max and start running ActorX Importer script.

My first renders availabe at my blog:

th_render21.jpg th_render22.jpg th_render23.jpg th_render24.jpg th_render25.jpg

th_render26.jpg th_render27.jpg th_render28.jpg th_render29.jpg th_render30.jpg

th_render31.jpg th_render32.jpg th_render33.jpg th_render34.jpg th_render35.jpg

th_render36.jpg th_render37.jpg th_render38.jpg th_render39.jpg th_render40.jpg

th_render41.jpg th_render42.jpg th_render43.jpg th_render44.jpg th_render45.jpg

Feel free to ask whatever you need to know, btw im not an expert at animation or rendering :P

great work! could you tell me where is the head meshes? :pudency:

More Lyn pics, moooore! :adore: (love this, many thanks ^0^ )

More Lyn pics, moooore! :adore: (love this, many thanks ^0^ )

Here is a website that I found with Blade N Soul models. They are also call The sword of the Spirit.

http://www.zf3d.com/bbs_list.asp?id=83465

zf3d_com_2012626124621938.jpg

Here's another one you may want to check out.

http://www.game798.com/xifangjuesexieshi/0G2405H012.html

3_120712155826_5.png

3_120712155826_3.jpg

Female

http://www.game798.com/xifangjuesexieshi/060434122012.html

3_120528161530_2.jpg

Jian-Ling jin family

http://www.game798.com/xifangjuesexieshi/052S30H012.html

3_120528161530_1.jpg

Jian-Ling sexy adult female

http://www.game798.com/youxirenwu/05012I02012.html

3_120501171323_1.jpg

Jian-Ling hot female

3_120326143843_1.jpg

This here is all textures.

http://www.game798.com/dongfangjuesexieshi/03051B62012.html

3 lovely Q version of the sword of the Spirit models

http://www.game798.com/katongrenwu/0G140452012.html

3_120711172204_1.jpg

Sword of the Spirit the Lyn family small fox

http://www.game798.com/katongrenwu/041224052012.html

3_120412110015_1.jpg

Sword of the Spirit Summoner weapons collection.

http://www.game798.com/jixiemoxing/062SRR012.html

3_120628170829_2.jpg

The Sword Spirit swordsman weapons Series.

http://www.game798.com/jixiemoxing/062SR32012.html

3_120628162006_4.png

Sword of the Spirit assassin weapons.

http://www.game798.com/jixiemoxing/062SR22012.html

3_120628161411_4.png

Assassin Male Guy.

http://bbs.game798.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=116636&extra=page%3D4%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D84%26typeid%3D84

6373516415773.jpg

Use Google chrome to translate.