KTcraft

Hatsune Miku

31 posts in this topic

About a year ago, I stumbled across an AMV featuring the one and only Kirino Chiba, set to a song called Ievan Polka. Only later did I realize that this song was in fact a remix by an artist named "Hatsune Miku", so after doing some vid hopping I realized despite her synthetic nature, I really liked her upbeat musics.

Ive shown Miku vids and such to friends and family, and had adverse reactions ranging from "Wtf is this.... play it again" to "There goes 3 mins of my life".

I dunno if anyone here particularly likes Miku or has even heard of her, but I am curious as to what those that do know of her think.

Here's a Music video-id recommend watching in HD, and do your best to keep your heart in your chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_IXkmJZQk&feature=related

And here's a live vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deC2uxu0XA4

Edited by KTcraft

I do like my Hatsune Miku vocaloid. Don't forget she sung Black Rock Shooter. :D

Ah yes, vocaloid...the immortal music genre, cause people decide what gerne it is.

Possibly the 3 most phenomenal phenomenon next to hentai and Touhou.

My problem with vocaloid is that I CAN NOT stand that "vermale-version-of-Microsoft's-Sam"-type voice.

All too often the instrumental backing is superb, I've heard some seriously great compositions.

...But that disgusting voice renders it all to nothingness.

It's also pretty amazing how there's actually holographical concerts, as if Miku actually exists.

And the hologram moves very fluidly, I'm really impressed by how they made her.

...just a shame her voice goes up like an angel and down like a wounded ox .____.

- Lith. ...Meh.

i know what i saw in that concert in the 2nd video. . .i saw a sausage fest in there and it was. . .creepy as hell lol

Oh yeah, holograms are pretty advanced now adays. It's really quite amazing. And I like Len Kagamine most of all. And what ever you do, don't listen to Iku Acme. If you can't just tell by her name, then you don't even need to know why. I'm just warning you all.

I think the title would best be changed to Vocaloid since Hastune is only one of many synthetic voices, but anyways.

Vocaloid is pretty huge in the Otaku community. You can buy the program yourself and make full songs using the synthesizer, although that takes practice and a good understanding of Japanese of course. Also a lot of the videos on youtube are mostly "fan-made", meaning the quality varies depending on who decided to make the song, not to mention they are many replication which can sometimes be better or worse.

But yea I like it.

Edited by ArcAngelArtemis

Aah, yes. Vocaloid. I like it, even the singing. Actually I think it's pretty amazing. I actually got interested to vocaloids and Hatsune Miku after I played vocaloid arcade game in Japan. (ofcourse I had known them before) Oh, and those Project DIVA games for psp. Those were great too! If you own a psp and you like vocaloids, you should consider to buy project diva 2nd. In my opinion it's one of the best psp games there is. Yea, it's in japanese, but you don't need it that much, since it's only a music game.

And that Ievan polka is originally Finnish song, and I just can't figure out how did in the world they got mixed together. sweat.gif

At first I thought those were actual holograms for some reason (well, a different type), but it doesn't seem as complicated as I thought it was once I saw the screen behind the "holograms". (Also some of the movements are....off O _o)

Edited by ArcAngelArtemis

At first I thought those were actual holograms for some reason (well, a different type), but it doesn't seem as complicated as I thought it was once I saw the screen behind the "holograms". (Also some of the movements are....off O _o)

which live concert are you talking about? 2010 or 2011?

because in 2010 it was actually holographic technology (a transparent screen was needed), but in 2011 it was 2D'ish.

Vocaloids can produce phenomenal effects if handled correctly. I own a Megurine Luka, and I have to say that she is by far my favorite. They can sound astoundingly human. I played around with her and arrived at some ghastly results, and soon plan to tackle a whole song. But yeah, here's an example if enough time and attention to detail is given within the program (this was not done by me btw):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsnoc4ZRWEs&feature=related

Edited by Daire Winterblood

I will be honest. I love most of their songs, and the software is amazing for what it can do. But truth be told I am mostly just interested in all the merchandise that this program has spawned. I have my Miku figure coming in next month and cannot wait.

Oh man I love this *looks at my vocaloid merchandise adorning my room*

I'd sure love to be able to see one of the live shows someday (mission impossible for quite some time to come for me tho'. . .)

And it sure is nice that the new vocaliod SeeU is korean :D when I first saw her I actually thought about BnS so uhm. . .

They made her design korean-ish alright :D

I woulda have been faaaar more impressed if I hadn't learned that they heavily autotuned her voice and mixed in a real singer to smooth out the robotic sounds.

Still, I am freakin excited for Vocaloid 3 to get released.

Also, this may be of interest to some of you.

Kids these days don't know how awesome things are.

Lol, kids are silly.

Vocaloids are as real as any other singer IMO. Someone has to input the commands and put the song/music together and that requires a lot of talent, time and effort. I'd argue more than actually singing the song in some cases.

Sure the interpretation may not be physical, but the song and work behind it is.

Lol, kids are silly.

Vocaloids are as real as any other singer IMO. Someone has to input the commands and put the song/music together and that requires a lot of talent, time and effort. I'd argue more than actually singing the song in some cases.

Sure the interpretation may not be physical, but the song and work behind it is.

all vocaloid programs actually use real life voice sampling from a specific singer as well

Awesome. :love:

Had to share it.

Afasx.jpg

But we all know Miku lives in our hearts. :wub:

Edited by shayryu

Had to share it.

Afasx.jpg

But we all know Miku lives in our hearts. :wub:

Ok I must admit I laughed.

Edited by Lyndis

Love the picture shot, so true too. I have tons of Hatsune Miku albums. Must.. have.. moar~.. moar! :embarrassed:

Edited by Mia