Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxlight713

Firefall online tps

61 posts in this topic

Well I remember seeing the cinematic for firefall but it didn't really make an impact till i saw the gameplay video from pax prime.

Offical web site, when you sign up for the forums you also sign up for the beta at the same time

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Cinematic

pax 2010 gameplay

There's also the same video with developer commentary and a lot of new video's and info with Pax East 2011 just last weekend.

Oh and it will be free to download and free to play.

Red5 have said for the cash shop you can not buy power and it will contain mostly appearance and convenience items.

Edited by foxlight713

The games kind of looks like fun!

But kind of abit Alein Swarm but 1rst player shooter :big_smile:

Oh and it will be free to download and free to play.

Awesome

-----

I really like the Cartoonish looks of this game

Thanks for sharing

Edited by Exodus

I signed up on the forums for the beta a long time ago and still check in from time to time. If I do get a beta key I'm still iffy on whether or not I'll play or give my key away.

Edited by NoGrip

Awesome

-----

I really like the Cartoonish looks of this game

Thanks for sharing

i like your sig <3

And this game looks pretty cool. Not my type of game, but even I must say it looks promising.

Been a while but. . .

maybe someone will find out about this game here and love it :mellow:

You can sign up on their site for Beta access now

Been a while but. . .

maybe someone will find out about this game here and love it :mellow:

You can sign up on their site for Beta access now

You just made my day with that trailer. Thank you.

Seems like this one is being overshadowed by all the others. I keep my ear open for news, but not actively. I'm signed up on the website, but haven't heard any news. Then again, I don't often go to the forums.

I love the YogCast guys. I watched a couple of non-YogCast videos and one guys says things will probably getting boring/stale very quickly.

Firefall is a massively multiplayer online team-based computer game from Red 5 Studios, a studio founded by Mark Kern. It is currently in its closed beta stage and it will attempt to mix elements from the MMORPG and MMOFPS genres when it is released.

This game is on the very top on my to-buy or waiting-for list (the order being: GW2, Firefall, B&S and RaiderZ). The combat is fluid, engaging and very well-polished, the graphics are great and probably are going to last for a long time as it's a mix of comic-realistic, the plot is well-thought out, etc. Lots of good stuff about the game. Not to mention, it's basically an AAA title. Free, too. RED5 is really trustworthy and they've said that the cash shop will only, and only, sell aesthetics. The game's build won't work with P2W anyway, since it revolves around your aim and how well you play. So = no P2W.

The developer team, RED5, have shown that they listen and act upon the community's opinions. One example is that the leveling system wasn't all that liked by the beta-testers since it was too generic, and RED5 in turn revamped the game completely by removing leveling and presenting the players with another, even better system.

There are lots of more examples, and personally, I think Firefall will be a huge hit. C: I'll be playing it the moment it's out. Or, well, when I get my beta invite.

Your thoughts?

I did. C: But the topic was kinda dead, and the game was updated by a huge margin, so I thought I'd re-do the thread to see if anyone here noticed it. I'm pretty sure necro-ing isn't allowed...

Yeah, the game isn't even the same anymore after the update!

I've been in the beta for a while now, but honestly since the update and the changes to their net-code there's a massive decrease in performance and responsiveness on the PVE side (i.e. delayed reactions from mobs and delayed updating of heath on targets = loss of ammo from overshooting). In PVP though it seems perfectly fine.

though I have to say in the pve update that they did the world seams a bit more lively now.

Might give it a try. Does the beta accounts from before the update still works? Haven't logged in in awhile, but may go back if it is interesting!

Might give it a try. Does the beta accounts from before the update still works? Haven't logged in in awhile, but may go back if it is interesting!

It should, i've been in the beta sense before the nda was lifted.

Well, I just got into this weekend's beta and for first impressions, the gameplay is really fun.

Graphics could use some tuning up, though. But other than that, I'm having fun :3

Nevermind on the graphics part; just tweaked enough to get it to look good.

Couple of bugs here and there; normal of a BETA. Some serious issues with a few quests, though.

Edited by 回し蹴り ★

They've kept it pretty steady with the updates and it seems like there's a lot less responsiveness-related issues, which is great. Quests are still pretty buggy to the point that they're impossible to complete.

Dedicated to making it into a E-Sport. Not sure if want...

Also, more videos yay!

Looks to be fun, worth giving a shot. :embarrassed:

Turned shadows off to get 60 FPS.

This game has some serious issues with shadows or my GPU doesn't like it.

Hopefully they will fix that before releasing the final product.

Though with my current computer, it would possibly explode if I tried to run that type of game with shadows. :embarrassed: