Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jormungandir

Bopae Stats

16 posts in this topic

No need to ask people for details just install the english patcher at this page ---->

They have translated the bopae stats to english and more will come!

*And which bopae stat works well for each class... figure that out yourself, everybody has different play style, crit glass cannon, parry crit type, crit defense, pure tank, etc... theres so many type of play style-best one will always be different between players ;)

Edited by vitadrink

No need to ask people for details just install the english patcher at this page ---->

They have translated the bopae stats to english and more will come!

*And which bopae stat works well for each class... figure that out yourself, everybody has different play style, crit glass cannon, parry crit type, crit defense, pure tank, etc... theres so many type of play style-best one will always be different between players ;)

You didn't really answer my question. I have the english patch installed. The problem isn't that it's not translated. Sure, everyone has their own unique playing style but there's still a template that they base their choices on. I want to know what that template is so I can base my decisions on that. How big of an affect does, say, a crit bopae have on a summoners skills vs a blademaster. Would melee classes want to use a dodge bopae or a parry bopae? What are the differences between the effects of these bopae? Come endgame there are specific builds I'm sure i'll need to be aware of. I COULD figure it out myself. Or, instead of wasting my time playing inefficiently I could rely on the knowledge and experiences of other players on the dojo forums. I chose to do the latter. Thanks anyway.

from my personal experience every class criti the same with the same amount of criti but after thes ther ar other factors theat can determin the criti rate more liek attk speed and ur class skills but most of the time ppl go for critical /piercing combo witch is good for both pvp and pve

http://bns.mmosite.com/feature/blade_and_soul_bo_pae_system_and_stats.shtml

I think it depends on what you're trying to go for, ie. defense, crit, pierce( (personally dont know what that means), attack

I dont know what pierce means either lol. For a summoner I'm wondering if crit affects the healing output? Or does crit only affect attack stats. I havent decided what I want for my summoner, since it's not a class that I'm used to playing (cross between a healer and a shaman?) But I want to focus on support, so probs defense or crit? Then again I've got my kitty as a mini tank so does defense even matter? There's a lot to consider.

http://bns.mmosite.com/feature/blade_and_soul_bo_pae_system_and_stats.shtml

I think it depends on what you're trying to go for, ie. defense, crit, pierce( (personally dont know what that means), attack

Thanks for the link btw, very useful.

If I'm not mistaken, Pierce is the stat that lowers the target's defense. Also crit seems to affect healing as I recall seeing huge green numbers on my screen. I'll try testing that later.

However, a summoner is not a healer, don't try to play it like one. There is no healing class in this game, even though a few classes have skills that heal party members. I don't know if your bopae stats affect your pet, but if they do you might consider wearing defense/parry bopae to help your cat tanking. Otherwise, accuracy, critical and HP should probably be your best bet.

@Godling: Np, to be honest I don't know much about stats for each class. I am a KFM so I'm going for crit and probably some attack/pierce later on. I also read somewhere that near endgame no one really sticks to a full set. I'm assume they mix 3/5 pieces of 2 sets to get the bonus stats they want and obviously you look at individual bopae pieces since they give their own stats.

@Songelune: Thanks for clearing up the pierce stat. I read it ingame but had no clue what it meant lol

If I'm not mistaken, Pierce is the stat that lowers the target's defense. Also crit seems to affect healing as I recall seeing huge green numbers on my screen. I'll try testing that later.

However, a summoner is not a healer, don't try to play it like one. There is no healing class in this game, even though a few classes have skills that heal party members. I don't know if your bopae stats affect your pet, but if they do you might consider wearing defense/parry bopae to help your cat tanking. Otherwise, accuracy, critical and HP should probably be your best bet.

Ahh, ok. It didn't really feel like a healing class to me. I usually play support classes. And yah I was wondering about whether bopae stats affect my kitty or not, hopefully someone can clarify. Alright so crit, acc, and health then.

@Godling: Np, to be honest I don't know much about stats for each class. I am a KFM so I'm going for crit and probably some attack/pierce later on. I also read somewhere that near endgame no one really sticks to a full set. I'm assume they mix 3/5 pieces of 2 sets to get the bonus stats they want and obviously you look at individual bopae pieces since they give their own stats.

@Songelune: Thanks for clearing up the pierce stat. I read it ingame but had no clue what it meant lol

Mhm, I was considering mixing bopae stats myself for better customization. Of course, it'll be a sacrifice.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between parry and dodge?

Hmmm.... I think most summoners go crit/dodge builds. And critical does effect healing.

My 86 heals on my pet sometimes double, and he also crits more often, so it most likely effects

your pet damage to

I'm considering going with a 5dodge/3parry bopae build for my lyn blademaster, or vice versa. The "parry" stat seems like something designed specifically for a sword/blademaster for obvious reasons. But both dodge and parry should function the same way, shouldnt they? Correct me if I'm wrong.

'pierce' is penetration right? a value to counter armour

kfm should generally aim for max pierce

parry just seems equivalent of dodge for tankier classes

Edited by Asayaki Zac

At endgame, you will want 40+ Crit % rate. Preferably 45+%.

You will want around 200? Penetration/Pierce. Do not quote me on this number, I believe the percentage should be around 15%. There is a soft cap for bosses and its worthless or not as efficient to go past that point. If you look on the KR forums, you might find the right number.

Defense bopae is not worth getting over offensive bopae unless your pvping. If you are pvping, get defense bopae - Tower of Mushin has a good set. Otherwise, get offensive Bopae (Crit %, Crit damage and attack).

This basically goes for EVERY class. Most endgame bosses have an enrage timer, it does not matter if you can take a hit or two if you can't kill a boss. Furthermore, more crit means more heals from your purple gem.

You will get a basic amount of defensive stats like parry, dodge, etc from offensive Bopae too. Also, you will need to fuse Bopae later on to get better stats.

I do not know of any parry/dodge builds or whatnot for pve, the damage is far too lacking. Furthermore, for BM's and LBM's, the Parry skill and the Dodge I-Frame from LBM's spin is NOT an equivalent to the STAT called parry or dodge.

Edited by Veivei

Defense bopae is not worth getting over offensive bopae unless your pvping. If you are pvping, get defense bopae - Tower of Mushin has a good set. Otherwise, get offensive Bopae (Crit %, Crit damage and attack).

it's all situational really. i would personally never use the defensive bopae.

@Veivei: Very informative, thanks. Conclusion: don't bother with parry/dodge bopae. If you prefer defense over offense, get defensive bopae. Otherwise focus primarily on crit.

I'm wondering what exactly "hit" does. Does it increase attack? Or the odds of you landing an attack--accuracy in other words. lol it would be nice if someone could go over what all the stats do.

"Hit" is basically accuracy is a way. Its the counter for dodge and parry. The higher your "Hit" stat, the lesser the chance an enemy will dodge or parry it.