xEndless

BnS Buddy [Based on BnS-Ark] Fix Loading screens!

Should i keep this tool updated?   106 members have voted

1. 1. Should i keep this tool updated?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Was this tool helpful for you?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

557 posts in this topic

Thanks for your hard work !!

Thanks <3

I have recently updated it to 1.3(same dl link).

If you encounter any bugs/errors, pleaes tell me ;)

Edited by xEndless

doesn't launch.

pops up with "update available" then crashes with ".....has stopped working"

i had bnsark previously installed and it worked.

are there any prerequisites for this?

What does the unattended feature do to stop the game from kicking you while AFK? Also, will you be posting the source code for this? I know it's built on something else open source so I was just wondering... it's good to be able to carry projects over in case people disappear like what happened with BnSArk.

Also, and just so you know, running this file through VirusTotal ends up causing 8 anti-virus programs (of 56) to report it as a virus/malware. I doubt this program is actually malware but I think it's something you should be aware of. Things like this are also why posting the source code is good.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/de76f348b12d7adfd5c006fd8ba60ad8f82f2dca75e4f65b56f3cafd6c8ddc28/analysis/

Edited by Teisho

Looking forward to this, but think I'll leave it a little longer for the bugs to be worked out ! BnSArk stopped disabling the loading screens automatically, which means I have to do it manually every time there's an update. Looks good so far though, I really like the sound of no texture streaming, if you could put in anything else that would make the game run a little smoother without completely destroying the graphics, I think a lot of people would appreciate it !

doesn't launch.

pops up with "update available" then crashes with ".....has stopped working"

i had bnsark previously installed and it worked.

are there any prerequisites for this?

The only thing it requires running is .Net framework 4.5.2(minimal)

I've tried the tool on win8.1/8/10 and there isn't any crashes.

**Check your anti-viruses as this tool generates folders for the backups and temp files to work on with elevated permissions(this was to bypass "access denied errors" when manipulating BnS's files) ;)

Looking forward to this, but think I'll leave it a little longer for the bugs to be worked out ! BnSArk stopped disabling the loading screens automatically, which means I have to do it manually every time there's an update. Looks good so far though, I really like the sound of no texture streaming, if you could put in anything else that would make the game run a little smoother without completely destroying the graphics, I think a lot of people would appreciate it !

I discourage game modding, honestly. And it could get you banned.

So that's why I encourage "No Texture Streaming Feature".

**As for the bugs, what are your issues? :\

What does the unattended feature do to stop the game from kicking you while AFK? Also, will you be posting the source code for this? I know it's built on something else open source so I was just wondering... it's good to be able to carry projects over in case people disappear like what happened with BnSArk.

Also, and just so you know, running this file through VirusTotal ends up causing 8 anti-virus programs (of 56) to report it as a virus/malware. I doubt this program is actually malware but I think it's something you should be aware of. Things like this are also why posting the source code is good.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/de76f348b12d7adfd5c006fd8ba60ad8f82f2dca75e4f65b56f3cafd6c8ddc28/analysis/

This app runs on elevated permission to modify files(BnS's files) without windows blocking access.

Therefore able to access system files, but it dosen't do any of that.

**I will post source code once I get to 2.0(probably earlier) :)

I discourage game modding, honestly. And it could get you banned.

anyone that has ever posted "i modded and got banned" was either hacking, or using that dumb mod tool that uses cheat engine (which is a hack tool) or got banned for OTHER REASONS and is simply blaming it on modding.

They dont care if you mod the game. they have said so many times.

They literally said in black and white, as long as w/e mod you are running does not trigger GameGuard they dont care.

anyone that has ever posted "i modded and got banned" was either hacking, or using that dumb mod tool that uses cheat engine (which is a hack tool) or got banned for OTHER REASONS and is simply blaming it on modding.

They dont care if you mod the game. they have said so many times.

They literally said in black and white, as long as w/e mod you are running does not trigger GameGuard they dont care.

LOL, this made my day.

Thanks for letting me know. x'D

But I did say "could", therefore, if it triggers gameguard.

Bump: Updated tool to 2.0 :D

Edited by xEndless

the newwest version works all of the sudden :)

btw. i have a /mod subdirectory in my cooked pc, with the modified UPKs for korean font. would it be possible for the bnsbuddy to suppress the "ambiguous file name" popups?

the newwest version works all of the sudden :)

btw. i have a /mod subdirectory in my cooked pc, with the modified UPKs for korean font. would it be possible for the bnsbuddy to suppress the "ambiguous file name" popups?

Happy to know it works for you :)

Can you take a screen of the pop-up's?

I'll gladly do an update for that.

As said above,

This app runs on elevated permission to modify files(BnS's files) without windows blocking access.

Therefore able to access system files, but it dosen't do any of that.

But since 2.0, it only accesses the Registry to read the basedir key where bns is installed at. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm almost done making a new update!

It has a Mod Manager (it can mod / backup / restore)

your cooked pc and avoid the error/warning :)

Edited by xEndless

* Bump: BnS buddy updated to 2.5 <3

* Bump again: BnS Buddy updated to 2.6 <3

Edited by xEndless

Does it support Russian server?

Is russian server endorsed by NCSoft or PlayBnS?

If yes(NCSoft), I will make an update in 3.1 to add support for Russian servers :)

I onced played the Beta in PlayBnS.

Other than that!

Tool updated to 2.7 <3

Read the changelog for changes!

Edited by xEndless

Is russian server endorsed by NCSoft or PlayBnS?

If yes(NCSoft), I will make an update in 3.1 to add support for Russian servers :)

I onced played the Beta in PlayBnS.

Its official like NA and EU, playbns is dead by now. The problem it doesnt have a launcher, it launches from browser, so bnsark's developer didnt support it. And texture modding is impossible without disabled texture streaming.

Its official like NA and EU, playbns is dead by now. The problem it doesnt have a launcher, it launches from browser, so bnsark's developer didnt support it. And texture modding is impossible without disabled texture streaming.

What's the path for the game?

Sad to know it does that.

Ok...idk what happened but next time put your downloads on Mega or mediafire, I don't know why I got some popup about DDOS protection.

Ok...idk what happened but next time put your downloads on Mega or mediafire, I don't know why I got some popup about DDOS protection.

The server(mine) wich has DDoS protection, verifies if you are a legitimate user before giving you access to the file.

Nothing to worry about. And faster direct dl access.

Hello guys, tool working great, but can someone explain me how to change splashart?? When i transfer some from bnsark to the "splash folder" they dosnt appear in this tool, Also this tool popsup "update available when i try to change something, is there anyway to update it through the program?

@edit

Okay i posted splash arts everywhere and this program found it.

Thank you very much for creating this program, BnSArk didn't worked for me, this work very good, Thank you again.

Edited by Forsigh

Hello guys, tool working great, but can someone explain me how to change splashart?? When i transfer some from bnsark to the "splash folder" they dosnt appear in this tool, Also this tool popsup "update available when i try to change something, is there anyway to update it through the program?

@edit

Okay i posted splash arts everywhere and this program found it.

Thank you very much for creating this program, BnSArk didn't worked for me, this work very good, Thank you again.

Thank you :)

I'll add a how to use the splash art changer in the topic :)

Also mentioning that in the splash changer within the tool

click on the button called "splash folder" and within that folder

there's 2 folder and 1 file.

the file is the splash art for the startup

the backup is the original splash art.

and the mods folder is where you add the .bmp files

to add new splash arts!

Thanks for your feedback! Really appreciate <3

thanks finally working for me, I'd have 1 request, that would be the "XMLdat editor"

Sounds like a good idea. I would have to rework the design to add more space for the buttons.

Other than that. I could add the tool "BnSDat.exe" to modify and intergrate it inside my tool.

1 question too. What's the shortcut for the russian server for BnS by NCSoft?